• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Bernie will suspend, but he won't actually quit. Then, on the night of the convention, Bernie will jump out on stage and shout BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE and the superdelegates will be convinced to swap sides.

Everyone will be stunned and shocked and the revolution will begin!

giphy.gif

zelas

I'm seeing some republicans coming out stronger against Trump's comments, some even revoking their support for him. Will any of these guys not attend the convention to stand behind their words or are they ultimately not concerned about potential down ticket problems? It would really be hard for me to believe they dont condone his behavior while participating in a coronation for him.

HylianTom

Banned
Reality is hitting Cenk and he's accepting Hillary will be the nominee

Meanwhile..
@costareports
Will Sanders carry on & contest D.C. primary in mid-June? Devine: " ... that’s still the plan. If that changes, we’ll let you know.”

---

my mom loves that show. she always used to say i was like sheridan
I did a marathon viewing of it last year - it still holds-up so damn well!

mo60

Also, Seth Abramson on his twitter account is still hoping for Bernie to win California because he thinks that superdelegates will flip if he actually won that state's primary.

In reality, if he won California it won't be by much so he won't win many more delegates than Hilary.

Hindl

Meanwhile..
@costareports

---

I did a marathon viewing of it last year - it still holds-up so damn well!

Also, Seth Abramson on his twitter account is still hoping for Bernie to win California because he thinks that superdelegates will flip if he actually won that state's primary.

In reality, if he won California it won't be by much so he won't win many more delegates than Hilary.

Correction: He's saying what he would do if he were Bernie Sanders, and is talking about how this doesn't mean he has to sell out, or abandon his progressive values, but that the bigger enemy is Trump. Cenk said as himself in the media he will still criticize Hillary to hell and back

Correction: He's saying what he would do if he were Bernie Sanders, and is talking about how this doesn't mean he has to sell out, or abandon his progressive values, but that the bigger enemy is Trump. Cenk said as himself in the media he will still criticize Hillary to hell and back

Yeah, there was a WaPo article where Weigel interviewed Cenk. Cenk said he can support Hillary. He just understands if others can't, and will still criticize her.

Wallach

Yeah, to be fair other than that last salty outburst about the press (which I don't feel he has a leg to stand on in regards to the context of his criticism), he seems to not be talking total insanity today. We'll see how he holds up today, though, as he's definitely not been that reasonable in the last couple months.

studyguy

I should rephrase my question.
HOW DOES ONE LOSE ON THE FIRST BALLOT IF YOU HAVE QUANTUM RETROACTIVE MOMENTUM?!

WE HAVE TO GO BACK

Oh, sorry. No, I doubt the fraud charges themselves are really going to matter a huge amount, which is part of why it's so amazing that Trump blew up the entire universe over it.
I think it might have been Hylian Tom that pointed out that everything Trump does is predicted by his narcissism and I think this makes sense in that context, too. Trump thinks he can't possibly be wrong and so if someone tells him that he is then he needs burst into histrionics. He's the "biggest whiner", remember? If the Republican strategists don't get to him soon then there will really be no saving this.

So I think this is reasonable as well, but I think you and I were always very likely Democratic voters.

I think that there's a meaningful segment of consistent GOP voters who are really on the line on Trump. They hate Hillary because they've been trained to hate Hillary, but they don't think of THEMSELVES as racist, so it's hard for them to justify voting for an aggressive racist.

If they're quietly racist, it's probably justifiable. Even with Trump saying he wants to build a wall and keep out Mexicans, well, if that's the worst thing he says, maybe he's just really strong on immigration, I dunno. But every time he says another racist thing he's threatening their ability to turn out for Donald Trump and still feel like they're good people. So Trump is actively losing these people with every statement he makes. (And the fact that the GOP politicians are condemning their own nominee's rhetoric is going to hurt even more.)

I think there's another similar group on the other side -- unlikely Democratic voters. America's filled with unlikely or unregistered voters who would vote Democratic but can't afford the time and energy to get registered and then actually go get vote, or don't see much reason to bother to do so. A lot of those people are people of color, who naturally have less faith in our government in general.

Trump gives those people a very real reason to turn out. You're probably going to hear about Donald Trump no matter how disengaged you are, and you're going to hear just how terrible he is. Every one of these statements activates another bunch of Latinos who could be voters but just haven't felt motivated enough up til now.
Ok, these are good points. God, it must suck to be a conservative right now.

studyguy

I tried discussing this with someone yesterday, and apparently they just think if no one suspends their campaign it is automatically a contested convention.

Get out, you mean Marco Rubio still has a chance!
The true dark horse candidate appears, and he is bitesize.

Actually has Marco released his pledged delegates? No right?
I haven't heard anyone actually releasing after suspending.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Paskil

If Bernie supporters were smart, they would use this time to regroup. Their best course of action is to get everyone they know together to do a massive bundling fundraiser for Hillary. Then, when they get access to her for a minute for raising so much money, they can give her some truth serum and with a microphone in front of her, demand she name all the murders for which she is responsible. Besides Benjamin Ghazi and Vince Foster, who knows how many other names she would name. They could bring her down and make Bernie the presumptive nominee.

Iolo

If Bernie supporters were smart, they would use this time to regroup. Their best course of action is to get everyone they know together to do a massive bundling fundraiser for Hillary. Then, when they get access to her for a minute for raising so much money, they can give her some truth serum and with a microphone in front of her, demand she name all the murders for which she is responsible. Besides Benjamin Ghazi and Vince Foster, who knows how many other names she would name. They could bring her down and make Bernie the presumptive nominee.

They can pay her for a speech and then release the transcripts

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think it was from the Hillary is not new thread. Went off on Sander's supporters. Called them a hate group. Just my guess anyway.

The best thing to do for the next few weeks at least, is just to let Sanders supporters be.
I still correct falsehoods, but i've cut back on much else.

In a few weeks the best tactic is to ask them to explain why they would vote for Trump over Clinton. At least have them think, even if you will likely be ignored.

People who say they will just stay home, probably were not going to vote anyway. You can attempt to remind them of the supreme court and down ticket races, but honestly they probably were not going to vote either way.

Oh, and don't forget my two trusty sources I love to link:

CCP Grey on First Past the Post

and

Map of Early and Mail Voting

It's shockingly easy to signup for a free mail in ballot in Florida online.

So Ryan's position is basically that Trump is kind of a jackass, but he's supporting him because he can potentially be a useful conduit to enact serious budget cuts. How outrageous can Trump get before Ryan HAS to retract his endorsement? If tripling down on racism against a Latino judge doesn't do it, what will? If he finds a roundabout way to call Hillary a bitch, like he found a way to call Ted Cruz a pussy? If he brings back the birther shit?

So Ryan's position is basically that Trump is kind of a jackass, but he's supporting him because he can potentially be a useful conduit to enact serious budget cuts. How outrageous can Trump get before Ryan HAS to retract his endorsement? If tripling down on racism against a Latino judge doesn't do it, what will? If he finds a roundabout way to call Hillary a bitch, like he found a way to call Ted Cruz a pussy? If he brings back the birther shit?

Calling Clinton a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom