• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSNBC going with the "Trump might not be the nominee" thing.

Wonder what people are saying in private.

It's been a little over a month and Trump has effectively destroyed and type of possible trust that he would be able to not destroy the image of the party or simply not say stupid racist shit.

And we still have around five months to go

Left early. Just voted. Took my girls dog with me. Asked if she could get a ballot to vote Hillary too. Establishment elderly person said sure and then some berniebro got upset and called it fraud.

FUCK

lol

wait are you serious?

To be fair and balance. The RNC lost 4 of their African AMerican outreach workers, and didn't replace them. Now there is only 7 people doing AA outreach for the whole country in the GOP

I remember hearing a story about an RNC official getting upset when he heard the African American outreach reps were using scripts that mentioned something like "while we are proud that he is the first black president..." and asked how come they couldn't instead point out Obama is half white and thus not really black. The idea being that if black people only knew Obama wasn't black they wouldn't support him as much.

Not bullshitting.

Really, now? Wouldn't it be terrific if he were not nominated?

Depends

On one hand Trump isn't the nominee and the party takes back SOME control over the person who will represent them for the next five months

one the other hand what we all were saying would happen happens and the GOP is officially dead and splits apart before our eyes

HylianTom

Banned
Really, now? Wouldn't it be terrific if he were not nominated?
It's going to be good either way; I'd just rather the whole party go down with Trumpy stench all the way to November so that it sticks to them for a while. If they give him the ol' heave-ho, they'll get partial credit for having the sense to kick his dispicable ass to the curb.

But I'm confident either way. There's still no painless escape for the GOP.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
zrYi31f.jpg

Boke1879

Depends

On one hand Trump isn't the nominee and the party takes back SOME control over the person who will represent them for the next five months

one the other hand what we all were saying would happen happens and the GOP is officially dead and splits apart before our eyes

Trump needs to be the nominee and Trump needs to lose in the fall. Decisively. The GOP needs to know that Trump is the culmination of all the bigotry, backwards thinking bs they've been peddling for the past 8 years and they need to know America rejects it.

jonjonaug

Voted for Bernie in NJ but I can't wait to vote Hillary in the general.

Seeing all of the attacks against her for my entire conscious life amount to nothing in the end will be so, so good.

FyreWulff

Ya know, I actually wanted Hillary to win over Obama back in '08 and was so sad she lost because I thought it would have been "fucking cool for a woman to become president". I know she's the presumptive nominee but this means so much to me, even more so now after accepting my identity. Idk, I just want to throw that out there. I really, truly hope she beats Donald J. Trump, because that man is a complete and utter danger to not only the USA, but the world at large too.

I'm way too excited.

For me personally I thought she was way too stiff and awkward in 08. But she took the loss and rebuilt herself, and now that gay and transgender rights are full canonical planks for the Democrat party now, I'm behind her and them for this election.

thefro

Chuck Todd:
- More closed primaries on Republican side likely in the future
- Dems more open, movement to get rid of superdelegates. Caucus changes to make them more democratic.

Chuck Todd:
- Dems more open, movement to get rid of superdelegates. Caucus changes to make them more democratic.

Yeah I bet caucuses stay, but become secret ballots like republicans, with expanded and more promoted absentee voting.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Chuck Todd:
The only thing that would make caucuses more democratic is eliminating them. Save caucusing for state conventions / party platform stuff. ain't nobody got time for that.

Hillary has so many more American flags than Trump. Trump is a mess.
Can I point out this is the proper usage of "_____ is a mess!"

I see people just write "Mess!" but that only applies to "Sad!"

People who use mess by itself have been officially put on notice!

Chuck Todd:
Just get rid of caucuses Jesus.

Although I know they're cheaper than primaries so w/e

Gruco

Banned
I would like to thank the establishment, low information voters, and corruption everywhere for this great victory. Once again we have successfully used the power of FRAUD and Wall Street to keep a pure, noble spirit out of the White House to force Americans to choose between the lesser of two evils. God I love this country. *sniff*

User1608

Banned
For me personally I thought she was way too stiff and awkward in 08. But she took the loss and rebuilt herself, and now that gay and transgender rights are full canonical planks for the Democrat party now, I'm behind her and them for this election.
I believe she is indeed a more solid candidate this year too. Very glad she's done so well. She's gonna clean house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom