• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Holy shit hahahahahahaha

mnXA454.jpg

Next speech: "How can he beat isis if I just beat him at Twitter?"

Her people have been on point.

HylianTom

Banned
It's only 1:41 here in my time zone, and I'm already thinking that today might be one of my top 5 favorite days of the campaign. Really looking forward to hearing from Biden and Warren.

sJZe88C.jpg

Thx dawg.
About the nsa, as of late I have been worrying about a particular argument for it that no one ever brought up during the many times I ranted about national surveillance (which would have shut me right the fuck up had they, incidentally). Obama is a law professor and as president is inarguably more knowledgeable about the demands of national security then I am. If it is his judgement that the nsa is needed to protect the country, who the he'll am I to argue.

Then I read the news story about Obama demanding access to Internet browser histories and get enraged all over again

Well, his being a law professor is a bit of an appeal to authority--he'd certainly have a better idea about what is or could be considered legal but the ethics of it depend on the ethics of the law professor and you're right back to where you started.

But his having a unique perspective as President is so self-evident that I'd figure it was already baked into the argument. Because it's also the whole crux of the issue--he certainly knows things we literally can't know, so how clearly can we judge his national security decisions? But then, can't he also use "if I told you I'd have to kill you" as convenient reasoning for terrible decisions as well? Yes, he could. So the question is, how much trust do you give the President on national security, or how much transparency do you demand from the President, almost surely at the sacrifice of security?

I don't know if there's a "happy medium" with this, to some degree you always just have to trust someone with the levers of power.

I go away for two hours and Barry went ahead and endorsed her? I'm shocked. Obama obviously wants in this race immediately, and he told Bernie he isn't waiting any longer

I can imagine the republicans running with that tweet and connecting it to the email server.

Edit: Don't have to imagine, it's already happening.

I will say, though, I'm shocked Obama didn't give Bernie a LITTLE more of the news cycle. I mean, the door barely hit his ass on the way out before they released this.

Crocodile

Can someone PLEASE make a topic about that Politico article on the Dem Racial Rift. PLZ?!

It always amuses me that the Dems have been laughing about the GOP divide while ignoring the one happening in the Dem party (thanks over-focus on identity politics!)

How is the fact that a non-insignificant number of white liberals are "diet racist" the fault of "identity politics"?

Obama will help make what could be a disastrous, dangerous couple of months easy.

Obama and Hillary are legit saving us from a constitutional crisis nation wide meltdown lol

I can't imagine what would be happening without leaders like them in place if Trump had gone as far as he had.

Trump vs. Bernie.. Bloomberg and Kanye run as independents. Nobody gets 270, Paul Ryan appoints himself as President. Mass riots in the streets, etc.

Wouldn't a Democratic party majority in the Senate be anti-Democratic because the house is Republican and more accurately represents the votets' will? Why are we hoping to take advantage of a fundamentally anti-Democratic legislative structure?

late reply #a million

You can't threaten anyone as a one-time state senator failed statewide candidate from the district of who the hell cares.

agreed that it's the district of who the hell cares

but that district was cleveland-area, meaning that state senate seat was fuckin' gift wrapped for turner

Mael

It always amuses me that the Dems have been laughing about the GOP divide while ignoring the one happening in the Dem party (thanks over-focus on identity politics!)

It's not just a dem issue only.
It's an issue of Leftwing politics I'd say, as far as I can tell the Left in Europe suffers from the same kind of issues (with different baggage of course).
As a minority of a minority in my own country it's also one of the reason I'm not voting for the Left any time soon (with the shit the French Left pulled last year, I won't vote for them for at least a decade though).
And no identity politics have nothing to do with it, if anything it's a lack of identity politics that is the result of that divide.
If you erase the identity of someone don't be surprised that they don't feel like you're understanding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom