• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

"Amy Kremer, Co-founder Women Vote Trump Super PAC"

Wow, this woman on CNN is terrible.

Bakari Sellers gives list of Republicans who won't endorse or have taken back endorsements for Trump.

Kremer: "Bakari, it doesn't matter how good of a day she has because she's still under investigation by the FBI."

Bakari Sellers: "If that's your only retort then good luck"

pigeon

Banned
About the nsa, as of late I have been worrying about a particular argument for it that no one ever brought up during the many times I ranted about national surveillance (which would have shut me right the fuck up had they, incidentally). Obama is a law professor and as president is inarguably more knowledgeable about the demands of national security then I am. If it is his judgement that the nsa is needed to protect the country, who the he'll am I to argue.

Then I read the news story about Obama demanding access to Internet browser histories and get enraged all over again

I hate to dampen your tranquility, but I don't buy this argument because my model of presidents is that things get expanded in their areas of weakness, and I think that Obama's weakness is military and intelligence. Obama is a constitutional lawyer, and as such he understands keenly that most of what people imagine to be constitutional law is really just constitutional norm. Notice how much he's expanded the power of the executive branch in response to Congressional intransigence. So I am not sure that his legal background would constrain him from signing off on the NSA if they convinced him that what they're doing is necessary. If anything, it would make it easier for him to justify.

This is the day that causes polls to jump from +4 or +5 to more than +8.

Edit: Well, uh, I hadn't seen that poll yet. Maybe from +8 to +12!

The only thing that worries me about November, other than some sort of black swan event is just complacency. The squad is just going to eviscerate Trump and the GOP from now until then and the only worry will be will Democrats bother to turn up.

This has been mentioned quite a few times but the psychology doesn't really work like that. In an apparent blowout the losing side gets further discouraged and the winning side gets encouraged. No one wants to bother voting for the loser, and people want to be part of a wave. Even if there was some complacency, it's just astronomically improbable to swing a 10-point lead (for example) from people staying home. Believe me, the huge cushion is better.

I love this image

CkOsvjbXEAAx2CN.jpg

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Doesn't Sander hate Obama as part of the "establishment shills"? I don't really see why, after months of Hillary and DWS saying they're happy to include his priorities in the platform Obama saying "Yeah, sure we will" would change anything for the man.

I mean, I used to think his "they're all crooked lines" were a little bit of rhetoric, but I don't really any more. The man really thinks that basically everyone but him is just different levels of evil.

Nah. Obama's not a fan of Sanders due to Sanders threatening to primary him in 2012; but Obama's Spock-ian and won't let it affect him. From what I understand Sanders likes Obama-ish, mostly because Obama came out of nowhere and won 2008, and wasn't considered part of the long-term power structure of the Democratic Party (ala Clinton) - but he's definitely to the left of Obama on many issues. But..never underestimate Obama's ability to empathize and how he can sell the idea of pragmatic principles to even the most die hard left leaning folks.

That's because this is Benghazi hearing Clinton, or the image of her anyway.

Like Cybit mentioned above, barely-concealed-contempt-for-the-idiots-she's-forced-to-deal-with Clinton is her ticket to the White House.

It really works with Trump to be honest. I don't know if it would work if she were facing a policy wonk ala Ryan; but it really works with Trump.

Oh CNN

It’s True: CNN’s Zucker Personally Books Trump (and Hillary), Doles Out to Favorite Hosts

A source at CNN with direct knowledge tells us that Zucker “personally books all the candidates and big gets, and doles them out to whichever anchor he wants,” adding that individual shows’ producers “are barred from calling our own contacts personally” to book guests like Clinton and Trump.

According to this source, even if a candidate wants to appear on a different show, they are almost always steered to either the network’s Sunday tentpole State of the Union with Jake Tapper, their morning show New Day, or the Anderson Cooper-hosted AC360. “He wants to prop up the Sunday show and the morning show and the 8 pm show,” the source says.

IF the democrats can properly advertise this to the American people. That isn't a slam dunk by any means.

He's either a cheat or a liar. There's no real middle ground. His refusal to release his taxes makes it look even worse. You don't need to prove anything just put enough doubt in there.

IF the democrats can properly advertise this to the American people. That isn't a slam dunk by any means.

He has no money, he has no idea how to campaign or what states to campaign in, he's the king of unforced errors, and there's an entire war chest of Dem money to be used against him.

You have to take him seriously. But I'm not worried.

mo60

It would be so delicious if this candidacy ends up bankrupting Trump.

Dude's not going to spend $150 million+ of his own cash in the GE. His election campaign may hurt his future business deals and businesses but he won't go bacnkrupt just yet because of his election campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom