• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

And quietly working below the surface on Clinton’s behalf was the most respected Obama operative of all, David Plouffe. Obama’s former 2008 campaign manager, now an executive at Uber, seemed to be on a quiet one-man mission to elect the woman whose defeat he so cold-bloodedly engineered eight years earlier.
Plouffe consulted Clinton at her Washington mansion in late 2014, advising her to hire members of the president’s highly-regarded data and voter outreach team – and to avoid the toxic infighting that hobbled her campaign eight years ago. Plouffe, several Clinton staffers said, has been a constant – and unpaid adviser on logistics and strategy, and has acted as mentor to Clinton’s campaign adviser Robbie Mook – keeping in touch with the young operative several times a day during the nail-biting Iowa caucuses.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/obama-hillary-clinton-endorsement-224153#ixzz4B8EsRulW

Brinbe

Uncle Joe's surgically dissecting Trump as well as Senate Republicans all in one calm and swift swipe. Gosh, Dems have an embarrassing number of capable surrogates for the general. And this is week one.

Nah, Joe sounds like Joe. He always sounds this way.
What's your favorite Uncle Joe moment? When he told the guy in a wheelchair to stand up so everyone could applaud him, or when he said he'd advise his family not to fly during the avian bird flu scare? I always go back and forth. I say this with love.

User1608

Banned
It's the literal road to Fascism.

That's a look at it I haven't seen brought up before and he's right.
Scary. All those Mussolini/Hitler comparisons are apt. Hopefully we will be able to dodge this goddamn nuke in Trump this fall. But with the unity we are seeing, we should be alright.
Biden taking the exact opposite tactic (super duper calm) but just as effective.
Works fine with me honestly!

Meowster

Is Trump going to have an aneurysm trying to reply to Hillary/Warren/Biden's attacks tonight? Woo, this dogpile. The Democratic Party is getting in formation.

itschris

Interesting:

Obama was, at times, caustically candid about the political shortcomings, people close to him said repeatedly over the last year, and he was personally stung by her mid-campaign opposition to the Trans Pacific Partnership, eventually shrugging it off as an opportunistic but necessary tack to take against Sanders.

Showing some of the discipline he employed to defeat Clinton in 2008, Obama seldom expressed his preference in overt ways, even behind closed doors. Instead, he reached out to Clinton four or five times during the campaign – typically after a low ebb, like her blowout loss in New Hampshire, calling without notice to offer his emotional support and “buck up her spirits” in the words of one West Winger.

He also expressed a tinge of regret for his bare-knuckles ’08 campaign against her – and acknowledged that she had a tougher task as a candidate because of her gender.

Dems RN:
63110-bring-the-rain.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Saw some S4P say they need to get a refund on their donations if Sanders endorses Hillary lolololololol. These kids have no idea what giving money to a campaign really is.

User1608

Banned
I love Joe's calm and measured demeanor, it's so smooth and relaxing. Would have been completely okay with him as our nominee too in an alternate outcome of the primaries.
Saw some S4P say they need to get a refund on their donations if Sanders endorses Hillary lolololololol. These kids have no idea what giving money to a campaign really is.
Wow. Smh.

What's your favorite Uncle Joe moment? When he told the guy in a wheelchair to stand up so everyone could applaud him, or when he said he'd advise his family not to fly during the avian bird flu scare? I always go back and forth. I say this with love.

Yeah, the one with the wheelchair (was Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham). Mostly because he immediately realized his mistake and tries to correct it.

I got to see him speak once. No gaffes, but it felt pretty cool to be about 20 feet from him.

In chat I guessed the dems would be more unified than the GOP before the end of next week. I didn't guess it would take two days. It's so beautiful.

Oh my god.

Trump is going to get bodied from now until November. And he has no one who is going to go out there and stump for him. If you're an independent (an actual one, FYI) and you hear 5 months of people on the national stage slamming him. is Tr

OMG

This Trump surrogate on MSNBC brought up the racism thing ON HER OWN WITHOUT PROMPTING, and then said Trump did nothing to cause this problem.

My god. How do I get a job spewing bullshit?

He told them. All along. I'm not going to just laugh at Sanders people over that one though. Some of you guys were diablosing over the notion that he wouldn't help Clinton campaign.

Boke1879

Yup. this will be all the news tomorrow and through the weekend. Trumps best chance to retake the media is with his press conference on Clinton on Monday. If he's even legit about that.

User1608

Banned
Oh my god.

Trump is going to get bodied from now until November. And he has no one who is going to go out there and stump for him. If you're an independent (an actual one, FYI) and you hear 5 months of people on the national stage slamming him. is Tr

OMG

This Trump surrogate on MSNBC brought up the racism thing ON HER OWN WITHOUT PROMPTING, and then said Trump did nothing to cause this problem.

My god. How do I get a job spewing bullshit?
All because Trump is an idiot and didn't realize why politicians used dog whistles for decades.

itschris

A preview of Trump's speech on Monday:

“Trump’s advisers believe Hillary has three major vulnerabilities,” a Trump insider said Wednesday, referring to alleged “epic corruption of the Clinton Foundation” and exorbitant speaking fees, which the source dismissed as “payoffs and bribes”; Clinton’s tenure at the State Department and lingering questions about the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya; her use of a private email server; the nexus between the State Department and the foundation; and Clinton’s efforts to “discredit and intimidate” women who might have been involved with her husband.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-attacks-224094

User1608

Banned
HW was the best GOP president in my lifetime. I'm not sure who the last half decent one before him was. I was born in 1980 and HW was much better than Reagan.
Definitely agree HW is far better than Reagan based on what I've read. Way better than his son too, of course.

NeoXChaos

last good Republican President was probably Eisenhower. Before him probably Teddy. Nixon was well....you know and Ford didnt get to do much.

HW is the last GOP pres I would vote for, depending on who was running against him.

It's a shame we only had one term of Carter and HW, the wrong president got two terms.
I intiially thought McCain could have been solid before he moved far to the right during the primaries and picked Palin as VP. I was pulling for Obama all along though.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I intiially thought McCain could have been solid before he moved far to the right during the primaries and picked Palin as VP. I was pulling for Obama all along though.

Yeah, before McCain sold his soul, I was thinking I could be generally happy with either candidate. It's like the universe wanted to prove me wrong.

NeoXChaos

They don't say too much about Coolidge and Hoover in school except for Hoover with the depression.

McCain 2000 I could live with. McCain 2008 was a trainwreck.

2000 McCain could have been decent. I disagree with him on a few issues, but he was a fairly decent man. He went off the far right end to win the nomination. They never let McCain be McCain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom