• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to watch Bernold's rally. I've barely been able to watch the speeches on election night. He's not going to make it official tonight, but I'll be interested to read if he continues to sound more and more like he's about to.

You should watch it.

There are two really cute guys behind him. :p

HylianTom

Banned
MSNBC has Warren on. She's ranting about obstruction of judicial nominees.

Yeah.. she's pushing my buttons.

And now she's about to attack Trump on the judge issue.

Slayven

Sanders out at his rally. About to kick off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yG0L2rADHM

DC's population is 50 percent black

giphy.gif

This is the exact problem with what I'm seeing with sanders supporters

Do they actually believe this?

Taibbi talks about congressional aides only talking amongst themselves. Well maybe liberals should start talking to people who aren't liberals.

And how is that a "true populist platform" as it excludes other populist goals, reduction in "wasteful spending" and "reduce immigration".

Which is why hillary one and the majority of sanders supporters are happy with hillary.

Stop thinking reddit and the people you interview at bernie rallys are the only people that exist in this country

And Idk how your surprised you disagree.

I have three problems with Taiibi's argument.

1. As I've explained numerous times, the data does not comply with the idea that Sanders suport is the "liberal Democratic base." That base turned out for Hillary. It's the independents and rural whites that turned out for Sanders (of whom are not young who voted Sanders because he's not old news). Ideologically, the Dems have to move to the right to get Sanders supporters, overall.

2. That the Dems can be populist and win over current GOPers. Nope. This ignores how much racial resentment and not economic resentment is the driving force behind GOP politics. This also completely contradicts his argument about being more progressive!

3. That this election season was anti-establishment. Wrong. Establishment candidates have been winning across the board with the exception of one race, Trump. Putting the entire election season on the Presidency is silly. That's not to say there's an exhaustion going on with the establishment to an extent, because that is happening, but it's so overstated.

Presidential Politics is actually very very very different from all other electoral politics because it's the only one most people care about to some degree.

Posted in the Bernie video chat:

!!!!! BREAKING NEWS ABOUT CA Bernie 70% and more, Hillary 30% or less!!!!! it is not documented yet but a woman has said online that this will be the polls for cali

I have three problems with Taiibi's argument.

1. As I've explained numerous times, the data does not comply with the idea that Sanders suport is the "liberal Democratic base." That base turned out for Hillary. It's the independents and rural whites that turned out for Sanders (of whom are not young who voted Sanders because he's not old news). Ideologically, the Dems have to move to the right to get Sanders supporters, overall.

2. That the Dems can be populist and win over current GOPers. Nope. This ignores how much racial resentment and not economic resentment is the driving force behind GOP politics. This also completely contradicts his argument about being more progressive!

3. That this election season was anti-establishment. Wrong. Establishment candidates have been winning across the board with the exception of one race, Trump. Putting the entire election season on the Presidency is silly. That's not to say there's an exhaustion going on with the establishment to an extent, because that is happening, but it's so overstated.

Presidential Politics is actually very very very different from all other electoral politics because it's the only one most people care about to some degree.
I don't think the bolded and especially the underlined is correct at all.

I don't think the bolded and especially the underlined is correct at all.

The problem is, it's going to be hard to test because he ran against Hillary Clinton. While Bernie consistently won the more conservative voters, I think it was more "Anyone but Hillary" instead of Bernie being more ideologically in line.

FyreWulff

Absolutely not. As a former union organizer you have no idea what management pulls with elections. They do sooo much illegal shit.

The fear of intimidation over signing the card is like forbidding picket lines. Sorry your fellow employees know you stand with management over them.

I've done card check elections and organized through NLRB. Everybody (Unions, NLRB, Employees) but employers like card check better

Secret ballots for union elections are conducted by the government here and have no employer control or influence on where and when they are held. I prefer the no intimidation possible path.

Cheebo

Banned
Guys Obama endorsing Hillary actually means Bernie is winning:
Not thrilled about Obama's endorsement - However, I'm not sure it's exactly what it looks like. Let's suppose Obama knows indictments are coming...soon. By endorsing HRC now, he's outwardly backing her but knows it doesn't matter in the bigger scheme of things. When indicts hit, he risks no backlash from HRC supporters for not endorsing her. They can't say "Obama you let this happen - the FBI wouldn't be doing this if you had endorsed her." And Obama can say "I tried. I stayed out of the investigation and let them do what they needed to do. This is the course the FBI decided to take. It wasn't my choice - heck, last week I endorsed her." Many HRC supporters view her potential presidency as a continuation of Obama's - it is Obama, more than HRC, they are supporting. By "endorsing" Clinton now (instead of last week, say, when several primaries remained) he knows his endorsement has relatively little weight vote-wise but WILL provide a smoother transition of HRC supporters to Bernie when Bernie is ultimately the nominee. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Obama said to Bernie today "Look, I hate doing this, and I want to tell you before it's made public. I'm endorsing Hillary, but here's why and how I hope it plays out."

She's making fun of Turtle right now. Oh my lawd Jesus needs to sop me up right now Jesus.

"Trump isn't a different kind of candidate. He's a Mitch McConnell kind of candidate."

JESUS.

HylianTom

Banned
She's making fun of Turtle right now. Oh my lawd Jesus needs to sop me up right now Jesus.

"Trump isn't a different kind of candidate. He's a Mitch McConnell kind of candidate."

JESUS.
That laugh she did as McConnell.. ha!

(I stand by my earlier call. I'm racking my brain, trying to think back to another recent time where it seemed like someone was actively auditioning to be running mate.)

Effect

I really do wonder if that choice was already made. If she's not the VP pick she's certainly going to get a cabinet position. She's tearing Trump apart. They need to keep Trump's racism alive all through the election.

"It will happen sooner or later, our job is to make it sooner"

New line? Sounds like he's transition to a mission to make that the democrats policy, not him in the presidency.

Actually pretty pleased that my Bernie Bro friend seems to be winding down his rhetoric and said he thinks Clinton has good intentions but will be handicapped in how much she can help people because of all the money she's had to take for her campaign. He still seems upset that Bernie lost but also recognizes the real danger of Trump and I imagine by the convention it'll be easy to talk politics with him again. I hope so anyways, because it's happening during my birthday and I'd like someone who'd want to watch it with me.

Not that it matters who he votes for because lol Idaho

Warren is on MSNBC now?? Thought she was gonna endorse on Maddow.

She is. That was probably recorded earlier or something. She's giving a speech attacking Trump and the entire GOP right now.

There is no way she's doing this just because she wants to do this. This has to be a trial balloon or something.

Real talk:

This Elizabeth Warren vs Queen in a primary? I'd have been having to think DAMN hard.

I really do wonder if that choice was already made. If she's not the VP pick she's certainly going to get a cabinet position. She's tearing Trump apart. They need to keep Trump's racism alive all through the election.

Treasury Secretary!

Would be great to have her writing rules and monitoring banks

She is. That was probably recorded earlier or something. She's giving a speech attacking Trump and the entire GOP right now.

There is no way she's doing this just because she wants to do this. This has to be a trial balloon or something.

Real talk:

This Elizabeth Warren vs Queen in a primary? I'd have been having to think DAMN hard.

Queen. I don't want a foreign policy neophyte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom