• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
PJKHZak.png

And there's the uncomfortable truth about the primary people don't like to admit: there was never any doubt as to the outcome.

She was in a really tough situation with this primary. She wasn't going to lose, but by refusing to engage as...sharply and loudly as she could have, it gave the appearance of competitiveness.

I wonder if that fueled Bernie's...belief that he had a chance to win this. Let's be real, Hillary is everything he dislikes about the Democratic party....and it looked like he was getting damn close to her. He took on the "Clinton Machine" and he got close. (Except he didn't).

I think the postmortems on this campaign will be interesting to read.

And there's the uncomfortable truth about the primary people don't like to admit: there was never any doubt as to the outcome.
Something I've heard more recently is that if you reran the primaries, Sanders would win. He just needed more time.

Granted I heard that before the CA/NJ primaries and it was predicated on CA being close when it really wasn't, so I'm not sure if that will come up again.

kirblar said:
To attack Bernie, she'd have to do it from the center. Politicians don't like doing that in a primary.
Yeah the only issue she really attacked him on was gun control and that was like the one major issue she could clearly stake out a position to his left on.

Cheebo

Banned
SandersforPresident and r/politics need to be shutdown. That place is 4chan lite

I get why S4P on Reddit is full of insane wackos but R/Politics only posting endless Breitbart stories attacking Hillary is honestly sad. I used to check that subreddit often for a decent source of aggregated Political news.

I get why S4P on Reddit is full of insane wackos but R/Politics only posting endless Breitbart stories attacking Hillary is honestly sad. I used to check that subreddit often for a decent source of aggregated Political news.

Yeah it's been bad for a while but now it's off its complete rocker. Trump supporters + Busters = Hillary INDICTMENT INCOMING

This would be me if an untested and unattacked Sanders was going up against Trump in the General:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I have never been convinced that Sanders would continue our demographic advantages like Clinton does. If turnout from minority groups continues to rise, we can continue to control the White House. Why pick the candidate who didn't impress those groups? I'd be Diablosing weekly.

Yeah, I have never been convinced that Sanders would continue our demographic advantages like Clinton does. If turnout from minority groups continues to rise, we can continue to control the White House. Why pick the candidate who didn't impress those groups? I'd be Diablosing weekly.

after seeing Liz Warren have more substantial in depth speeches and better attack punch lines, I feel that Bernie Sanders would not even be on her level for a General Election scenario.

Sanders lacks depth when it comes to speaking and coming with witty counter punches.

fauxtrot

Banned
after seeing Liz Warren have more substantial in depth speeches and better attack punch lines, I feel that Bernie Sanders would not even be on her level for a General Election scenario.

Sanders lacks depth when it comes to speaking and coming with witty counter punches.

Yeah... as soon as a candidate stumbles so badly when asked for basic logistics regarding accomplishing one of the pillars of his/her campaign that it becomes clear they haven't even tried to look into how to do it or whether or not it's even possible, they should be too far in the hole to ever get out.

This happened with Sanders' being asked how he would go about breaking up the banks, and hopefully it will happen to Trump enough times in the GE that some of his more rational/moderate supporters will question whether they can support the buffoon.

I don't know if you guys have seen that silly thing about Google autocomplete not suggesting stuff critical of Clinton that other search engines suggest.

You've probably heard people talk about algorithms and stuff. What I did, was just try the exact same experiment with Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders...

and got the exact same symptoms. So I say to anyone freaking out about it, was that so fucking hard to do? You can literally repeat these same test on other candidates to see if there is any kind of special pro Clinton bias.

Eh. Just the same as I saw someone respond to the news about there still being a few million mail votes left to be counted saying 'That's very concerning.'

Why sir, no it isn't. I looked up the rules on Tuesday. In California you can mail in your vote as late as election day, and so long as it was post stamped no later than the 7th and it arrived no later than today, it will be counted.

That actually seems really reasonable, and took me all of a minute.

I think that's why I never feel in love with Sanders despite my pretty lefty politics. I was listening to Thom Hartmann 10 years ago, so guess what, I've already heard his speeches.

Wilsongt

I don't know if you guys have seen that silly thing about Google autocomplete not suggesting stuff critical of Clinton that other search engines suggest.

You've probably heard people talk about algorithms and stuff. What I did, was just try the exact same experiment with Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders...

and got the exact same symptoms. So I say to anyone freaking out about it, was that so fucking hard to do? You can literally repeat these same test on other candidates to see if there is any kind of special pro Clinton bias.

Eh. Just the same as I saw someone respond to the news about there still being a few million mail votes left to be counted saying 'That's very concerning.'

Why sir, no it isn't. I looked up the rules on Tuesday. In California you can mail in your vote as late as election day, and so long as it was post stamped no later than the 7th and it arrived no later than today, it will be counted.

That actually seems really reasonable, and took me all of a minute.

Fraud fraud fraud.

Edit: I don't know anyone is surprised by those replies on the tweet. The internet is bringing out all the stupid trolls.

studyguy

Guys have you taken a look at your autocorrect ON YOUR PHONES!!!?1? When you type in HILLARY CLINTON EMAIL SC- IT AUTOCOMPLETES TO SCAN OR SCAR OR SCAB

STAY WOKE

fauxtrot

Banned
Bernie's inevitable endorsement on Tuesday (or whenever it happens) is going to pop so many political cherries.

Can't wait to see the different conspiracy theories on how The Establishment (TM) blackmailed him into giving his endorsement. The ones involving his White House meeting with Obama and the clip with him and Harry Reid afterward were already amazing.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
That might come from being one.

Lol, was about to point that out.

As for the primary, Clinton was never in any real danger once she built up the crazy leads on the (first) Super Tuesday. Had she lost Iowa by a couple of percentage points; and then similarly gotten destroyed from orbit in NH to start off - she probably would have been in far more trouble as the aura of inevitability would have been broken immediately. But unless Bernie had pivoted towards the rest of the Democratic base and brought social policies to the forefront sooner and effectively, she was still probably going to be OK.

Now, if Biden or Warren (instead of Sanders) had ran, I think she would have probably lost fairly decisively, but it didn't happen, so who knows. :D

Her lead in Cali is now up to 457k votes.

She's also above 2 million votes.

When people claiming Sanders had the majority of the outstanding votes were ignoring that most of them are mail ballots, well, I had to laugh. I wouldn't be surprise if her lead continues to increase.

Haha, definitely. They've written stuff like this:

If Warren joins Clinton, I’m Done Supporting Her.

Will they feel the same way about Sanders?

Yes. They may 'mourn' for what happened to him. They think he was somehow coerced or forced into it. They may think the campaign broke him.

But anyone who turns on a politician they like for endorsing Clinton... will turn on Sanders when he does the same.

And he's going to.

Hilariously, this time next month, I think I'm going to like Bernie more than the most passionate of his current supporters.

Lol, was about to point that out.

As for the primary, Clinton was never in any real danger once she built up the crazy leads on the (first) Super Tuesday. Had she lost Iowa by a couple of percentage points; and then similarly gotten destroyed from orbit in NH to start off - she probably would have been in far more trouble as the aura of inevitability would have been broken immediately. But unless Bernie had pivoted towards the rest of the Democratic base and brought social policies to the forefront sooner and effectively, she was still probably going to be OK.

Now, if Biden or Warren (instead of Sanders) had ran, I think she would have probably lost fairly decisively, but it didn't happen, so who knows. :D

Biden, I think, would have given her more of a run for her money than Warren. Biden would have had the support, implied or otherwise, of Obama. Her margins among voters of color would have been non-existent. Biden would have split the white vote with Bernie. I'm not sure she would have lost, but I'm not sure she would have won either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom