• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drek

In case anybody didn't see, this Jacobin article is a really interesting look at the Democrat's inability to appeal to many working class whites.

Interesting? How about myopic. Polling from West Virginia had just under 40% of Sanders voters saying they're voting Trump in the GE regardless of who the Dems pick. In 2012 WV dems voted in non-trivial numbers for a felon serving time in Texas.

The only thing about the white working class lost by the DNC as it pertains to West Virginia is just how goddamn racist it is. They prefer Bernie because he thinks racism is something he and MLK fixed 50 years ago.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Some of Sanders shit is out there but he's genuine in his journey to help people. Hillary does not come off that way at all.
You know what's funny? I used to be there with you, but I've gone through a complete inversion. Hillary now appears far more "genuine" to me than Sanders. Oh when it comes to his pet issues he's incredibly earnest, but when it comes to stuff like racial inequalities? I listen to Clinton talk about how much it matters to her and her campaign and she 1000% sells it

That would be great. If she can just keep Oregon from being worse than Washington, the narrative (especially after Bernie's god-awful non-statement about the death threats and whatnot) won't be able to spin this one. Stick a fork in him.

Edit: And that's a phrase, not a death threat. Don't stick forks in him.

Fayette county is half out and Jefferson is basically all out; both are very populated and very Clinton.

You know what's funny? I used to be there with you, but I've gone through a complete inversion. Hillary now appears far more "genuine" to me than Sanders. Oh when it comes to his pet issues he's incredibly earnest, but when it comes to stuff like racial inequalities? I listen to Clinton talk about how much it matters to her and her campaign and she 1000% sells it

I don't get that impression at all, namely because it seems so abundantly clear she's trying to "sell it".

hawk2025

Some of Sanders shit is out there but he's genuine in his journey to help people. Hillary does not come off that way at all.

See, I don't believe that, not anymore.

One is giving limp denouncements of violence and engaging in harmful conspiracy theories.

The other has helped raise nearly $2 Billion for a foundation to fight global warming and worldwide poverty in actionable, real work.

I'll take Hillary's journey to help people any day of the week. I don't care how either of them "comes off". I care about what they actually do.

3phemeral

New thread, new subscription!

JS0AeE

A quick study of the partially counted counties that have bigger towns (plus Jefferson of course) makes me pretty sure Hillary has this locked down.

royalan

Frankly, I don't care who "sells it" best to minorities.

I care about which candidate displays a more thorough understanding of the broad range of issues facing my community and a willingness to learn what they don't already know. Hillary succeeds here, and Bernie utterly fails. Couldn't care less about how well he sells his extremely limited view. As limited as it is, he BETTER sell it.

itschris

Oops, didn't know there was a new thread! Quoting myself:

One funny streak has been broken - Hillary finally won a county named Clinton:

8d1C2jx.png

Also, for some reason Decision Desk HQ has reported most of Fayette County's results, but the other sites haven't yet:

Holy hell with Weaver's CNN interview. They're playing the "did you see what she was wearing?!" sexual assault defense. It's wrong... But she was asking for it.

Just say it's not acceptable. End. No qualifiers. No follow-up. I saw Sanders' earlier statement and that wasn't any better.

There are like 150 precincts left in Jefferson on the NYT tracker where she leads comfortably. I think it's pretty likely she has Kentucky.

hawk2025

Holy hell with Weaver's CNN interview. They're playing the "did you see what she was wearing?!" sexual assault defense. It's wrong... But she was asking for it.

Just say it's not acceptable. End. No qualifiers. No follow-up. I saw Sanders' earlier statement and that wasn't any better.

Do you have the full quote by Weaver?

I don't care about this uncommitted votes narrative you keep pushing Steve Kornacki, just tell me where the vote is still gonna show up for Hillary.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Benchmark called it for Clinton with a margin of +1

Benchmarkpol calls for Clinton! Yes!
Do you have the full quote by Weaver?
I'm exaggerating it, of course. I apologize. He's not actually saying that. Yikes. But it's the same logic. "Yeah we'd never do that but OMG she shouldn't have been flirting with me."

CNN is tearing into him. "Of course we condemn this behavior but at the same time we won't let our supporters be steamrolled." This is a massive Sanders fuck-up now. Ironically it's Sanders supporters who wanted to signal boost it heavily,

Man I need to post more. One day I will make that great wall of shame.

Kentucky going down to the wire. Clihton lead shrinking!

What are the odds looking like for Queen in Oregon?

It's not even hard:

"There is no place for violence, threats and harassment in our democracy. It is behavior neither I nor my campaign condone and I would urge any small number of my supporters engaging in such behaviour to cease immediately and all of my supporters to be respectful in their disagreements."

That's a freebie, Sanders.
Trump, it will cost you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom