• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Best one, IMO.

kCwkL8Q.jpg

Holmes

Can someone point to me where PoliGAF/Hillary supporters called Bernie supporters racists? I don't recall.
I called a segment of Sanders voters in Oklahoma/West Virginia/Kentucky racist, but they are not Sanders supporters. They're voting Trump in the fall.

studyguy

Guy will capitulate at the convention, he's largely out of the news cycle now save for online occasionally reminding people he's technically still there.

Eh whatever, OT is having its day with the whole is Bernie racist bit. No he's clearly not but I'd be hard pressed to think of his supporters without thinking of all the senseless bullshit they put people though and harassment that went on behind the scenes.

Racist? Nah, but absolutely tone deaf and naive on a number of fronts thanks to his supporters specifically.

Eh whatever, OT is having its day with the whole is Bernie racist bit. No he's clearly not but I'd be hard pressed to think of his supporters without thinking of all the senseless bullshit they put people though and harassment that went on behind the scenes.

Racist? Nah, but absolutely tone deaf and naive on a number of fronts thanks to his supporters specifically.

It's telling that nobody is responding to the posts saying exactly this.

NeoXChaos

OT thinks that every criticism of a broad stroke of bad apple Bernie Supporters automatically means we are talking to them personally.

Primaries over people. Get over it. We have to stop Trump now.

Wilsongt

OT thinks that every criticism of a broad stroke of bad apple Bernie Supporters automatically means we are talking to them personally.

Primaries over people. Get over it. We have to stop Trump now.

Bernie supporters feel so persecuted for some reason. Their Messiah was defeated without FRAUD no matter how loudy the wish to yell it.

Clinton polls better than Trump with terrorism and foreign policy.

Yeah, she got a great bump after Orlando. Trump simply can't act professional enough to inspire confidence in his leadership. The old wisdom about the GOP getting bumps from terrorism is just a bad correlation; military guys get bumps from terrorism, and they're disproportionately Republican and frequently run for office. But people like Romney and Trump couldn't/can't get the same bump because they don't have that skill set.

Rubenov

GAF, I've been living under a rock and not up to date on things (deployed) but I guess Bernie is still in the race? Blows my mind. Is he banking on Hillary going to jail soon?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
GAF, I've been living under a rock and not up to date on things (deployed) but I guess Bernie is still in the race? Blows my mind. Is he banking on Hillary going to jail soon?

He's staying in to try and get some messaging into the party platform or something. He does not need to not withdraw to be nominated were Hillary indicted. He's just trying to use the attention to further his ends. It's ok. No one is really paying attention.

Slayven

Election= E3

Microsoft=Trump

Sony=Hillary

Ouya= Bernie

Nintendo=Jill Stein

royalan

So Bernie is holding out, and going to the convention, to fight for the ONE thing that he knows he's not going to get, and he KNOWS he's not going to get it because the PRESIDENT HIMSELF has said "Bernie...nah bruh."

LOL

I'm hip to the bullshit. Bernie is a protest candidate. He lives for the shit. And it's been obvious for months that he views the convention as his last big rally. He's going to find any reason to raise hell there no matter what, because short of winning the nomination that's what he's always wanted.

Election= E3

Microsoft=Trump

Sony=Hillary

Ouya= Bernie

Nintendo=Jill Stein

I'm a Nintendo fan boi (with an i) and I find this offensive.

IF anything...and this pains me to say, Bernie=Nintendo.

It's not really relevant anymore, but, god damn, if there isn't a group of people who just KNOW it's going to turn around any day now.

NX Will save us.

The platform doesn't even matter. I don't understand why people (read: Bernie) care. No one is beholden to the platform.

Edit: I didn't mean that in a negative way, but I'm editing it just the same.

My point was, this is what Bernie has decided is important, and he's going to cling to that for some reason only known to him.

Also, re: those SUSA numbers. I think the race has tightened since Trump stopped talking about how a judge is Mexican, but I still wonder if it matters. This is more "presidential" Trump, and he's still down by 5 points.

Obviously the Shylock character is anti-Semitic but I don't think this phrase is? It's a common phrase and most people probably have no idea of its origins.

I thought there was debate over whether Shakespeare intended for shylock to be sympathetic or not?

I always sympathized with him at least.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SUSA/Suffolk:

Hillary: 45.6
Trump: 40.4

It's a 4 point drop from 2 months ago for Hillary, but only a 1 point gain for Trump.

From 2 months ago? This should be pretty good for Hillary then. Trump was in full on wicked crazy mode two months ago!

5 points is kind of a blowout. We'd be pretty happy if the popular vote is H+5 come November...

I guess there's an audience for everything

He wrote a short story called 'Pounded in the butt by my own butt'. There's genuine talent there, however it's directed.

He then wrote a short story called 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"'

He's currently up to 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt'"'"'

Iolo

If you look his name up on Twitter, one of the first results is a sign language interpreter performing an excerpt from "Pounded by the Pound".

Obviously NSFW.

Crocodile

Who the fuck is Chuck Tingle and why do we care about him?

Can someone point to me where PoliGAF/Hillary supporters called Bernie supporters racists? I don't recall.

Calling out Sander's consistently tone-deaf messaging and policy focus or the tone-deaf, privileged and occasionally antagonistic of some his supporters is equvalanet to calling people racist in the eyes of some and of course being called a racist is the WORST THING IN THE WORLD to alot of people :/

Pretty much spot on

Election= E3

Microsoft=Trump

Sony=Hillary

Ouya= Bernie

Nintendo=Jill Stein

This feels offense to both Microsoft and Nintendo and not really accurate aside from maybe mindshare but boy does this carry a lot of baggage :/

From 2 months ago? This should be pretty good for Hillary then. Trump was in full on wicked crazy mode two months ago!

5 points is kind of a blowout. We'd be pretty happy if the popular vote is H+5 come November...

Yup. Also means that she still can have some room to grow with Bernie supporters. Also, this is the best he can do when he's being Manaforted.

Iolo

I'll bet "Living Inside My Own Butt For Eight Years" has better marketing advice than a Trump University course.

The platform doesn't even matter. I don't understand why people (read: Bernie) care. No one is beholden to the platform.

I think he's using the platform to set up future fights with the Clinton administration, when she inevitably breaks some aspect of it.

As others have said, Sanders' leverage is gone. Everyone has moved on, the party is nearly unified, and Trump continues to implode. Perhaps most importantly, the president isn't happy. At all. He has received more platform concessions than any second place candidate, even more than Hillary in 2008. Despite losing by 4mil votes and well over 300 pledged delegates. Yet in his mind his loss is either small enough not to matter or he only lost because *gasp* democrats tend to want democrats voting in the democrat primary process.

I'm going to assume that he'll start railing against Clinton and the TPP at the convention. Don't get me wrong, the TPP has some horrible features and I would not have voted for it without changes, so I'm not disagreeing with Sanders on policy. But...he lost. That should be the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom