• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quid pro quo.

Weren't the EU sanctions more important though?

Yup. For obvious reasons, Europe is a far more important market for Russian gas and oil than the US (same with the Iran deal, afaik. The US doesn't trade with Iran anyway, so it was mostly the EU sanctions which had hurt them).

I'm not sure about the details, but if the US indeed unilaterally lifts the sanctions on Russia, it wouldn't really help Russia that much economically as long as the EU keeps theirs in place. Obviously, it would be very bad from a political point of view though.

antonz

Yup. For obvious reasons, Europe is a far more important market for Russian gas and oil than the US (same with the Iran deal, afaik. The US doesn't trade with Iran anyway, so it was mostly the EU sanctions which had hurt them).

I'm not sure about the details, but if the US indeed unilaterally lifts the sanctions on Russia, it wouldn't really help Russia that much economically as long as the EU keeps theirs in place. Obviously, it would be very bad from a political point of view though.

Problem is EU Sanctions have been holding on by the tip of their fingers. Countries like Italy etc. have wanted to end sanctions for over a year. They will now use the US as a reason to fight the EU sanctions even more. "Silly to keep EU sanctions if the US has lifted theirs". etc.

Sorry, but you knew he didn't like you because you're not white, you had your chance to speak up with a vote and yet you still couldn't be bothered. Suck it and live with the consequences! I have no empathy for this kind of non-participation and would love to bitch-slap each and every one of those precious little "my vote won't count" snowflakes.

Fucking vote, people!!!

UberTag

Already there wait for tonight when he has his Trump New interview. Oh wait I mean Fox News. Hannity will give him a softball and it will be a grand slam for the public.

Hate to make up odd theories I think Bannon planned that interview and what he said for tonight. They aren't morons like we think.
Trump is a moron. Bannon, most assuredly, is not.

whitehouseinc.org

Can someone make a thread about this? It's a service that will connect you to a random Trump property. They have stopped taking phone calls at the white house. We can resist by flooding trumps personal businesses with phone calls. Be respectful and leave your message to pass on to management. Please pass this around. I had a conversation with a dude who worked at one of his golf courses and he said his phone was going crazy.

UberTag

They're lies. Objective lies. I am sick and fucking tired even trying to comprehend his voters.
You can't understand his voters fuck I am friends with some and some of my family is as well. Shit sucks. They can't understand a lie when they get it. Making new terms up for a lie.
They're brainwashed by their media. That's all there is to comprehend.
This is like the Bible to them. Except it gets rewritten on a daily basis by the peddlers.
Even blatant hypocrisy is embraced.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, a huge LOL to the GOP Congressman who said there would be "democratic support" for a tariff to fund the wall.

Also, a huge LOL to the GOP Congressman who said there would be "democratic support" for a tariff to fund the wall.

I just hope that we can finally out the GOP as being "Low taxes, not big government" during this administration. Basically, they are letting their guard down.

Miami has caved.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article128984759.html

Miami-Dade mayor orders jails to comply with Trump crackdown on ‘sanctuary’ counties

Fearing a loss of millions of dollars for defying immigration authorities, Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez on Thursday ordered county jails to comply with federal immigration detention requests — effectively gutting the county’s position as a “sanctuary” for immigrants in the country illegally.

Gimenez cited an executive order signed Wednesday by President Donald Trump that threatened to cut federal grants for any counties or cities that don’t cooperate fully with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Since 2013, Miami-Dade has refused to indefinitely detain inmates who are in the country illegally and wanted by ICE — not based on principle, but because the federal government doesn’t fully reimburse the county for the expense.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article128984759.html#storylink=cpy

Makai

BwQi46l.png

antonz

Well, he is a Republican

Reality is most of these cities cannot afford to lose their federal dollars. You will have a few who will resist and in doing so will end up cutting programs etc. to make up for the deficits. Trump is crazy enough to actually go after funding so I expect more will fall in line

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Was thinking about this. If Mexico bans all exports of avocados and limes to the US after making a sweet deal with someone else like China, that would send a nice message to Trump and how stupid his policies are.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Dad and I just switched our family export business from a sole proprietor to a LLC, just in time for the trade war.
That's good to hear you can export whole families. Where can I inquire about your services so I can get out of the US before the cleansing?

jk

badrang

What was your reasoning for this? Genuinely curious.

I was mostly just being sardonic, no grand machinations. We needed access to the EX-IM bank to expand this business and hopefully get this tender we've been working on. I have no idea what shenanigans Trump has in store(does anybody?) and what that will do for us long term. But, we're trying to keep this deal locked in NOW and we had to be an LLC to do that.

I live in fear each day, halp.

Gruco

Banned
If only America as a nation had a previous 8 year stretch to learn that an incompetent policy lightweight surrounded by awful people might not end up as a great president. No matter how much you like they way they talk. Or how nerdy their opponent is.

kirblar

If only America as a nation had a previous 8 year stretch to learn that an incompetent policy lightweight surrounded by awful people might not end up as a great president. No matter how much you like they way they talk. Or how nerdy their opponent is.
The problem is that the 18-25yos from the Bush Era are now your 26-33yos.

The new 18-25yos....never voted for Obama in '08.
So, is "The Resistance" the de facto name of our post-election Tea Party?
God has smiled upon you this day
The fate of a nation in your hands
And blessed be the children who fight with all our bravery
'Til only the righteous stand
You see the distant flames
They bellow in the night
You fight in all our names for what we know is right
And when you all get shot
And cannot carry on
Though you die, La Resistance lives on

I wouldn't rely on the GOP to do anything, but I also don't understand their long term game here because a country that is completely falling apart is kinda bad for business, right? You'd think they'd want less chaos and more "controlled burn."

You're talking about the old GOP, not the new uber power-hungry, fuck it all current GOP.

Gruco

Banned
The problem is that the 18-25yos from the Bush Era are now your 26-33yos.

The new 18-25yos....never voted for Obama in '08.
Yeah, I understood when I met younger kids who didn't quite "get" what it meant for republicans to be in power. They weren't politically conscious enough at the time to realize what a big deal 08 was, or how awful the W years were.

It's a shame and was hella-frustrating, but it makes sense. The Bush years are forever seared in my memory. Even now, it's hard to appreciate how far the country has come in 2009-2016. People were probably too used to seeing Obama clown on the GOP and Hilldawg's continuity message wasn't quite enough.

It's a damn shame though. Goes a long way to explain why 3rd terms are hard.

Though you die, La Resistance lives on
Been thinking of this song ever since Nov 9th. If The Resistance sticks, I'm ok with that.

Gruco

Banned
He wasn't on the ticket. I voted for a Libertarian though. I was young and stupid. It was my first election...

In 2000, I didn't vote, even though I wanted Gore to win, because I thought Lieberman was a shit running mate.

I could have registered in Florida.

I stand vindicated on my assessment of Lieberman, but still so obviously made the wrong choice. Not sure whether this gives me more or less sympathy of 2016 stein voters / abstainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom