• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
7z19WQm.png

BRB going vomit

My muslim friend sobbed to her mother this morning. even though Saudi isn't on the list, her dad doesn't want her to come home at all. Really really really shitty stuff.

My canadian-somali friend's parents (who live in atlanta) basically can't travel for the next 3 months.

Fox318

Who is 'they'?

The NFL.They produce the segment and one of the most infleuntial owner's team is in the super bowl and I'm guessing he will prevent any protest.

SAB2ZFil.jpg
Thought it was just a three second delay? Didn't know they pre recorded the whole half time show.

This is outrageous. Like really what the fuck.

Since the Janet Jackson thing they make performers pre record everything. I remember the Chilli Peppers complaining about that for their set.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Claire McCaskill deserves kudos for speaking so openly against the Muslim ban: she has an incentive to stay quiet like Heitkamp, Manchin and Tester.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
The NFL.They produce the segment and one of the most infleuntial owner's team is in the super bowl and I'm guessing he will prevent any protest.

SAB2ZFil.jpg

Since the Janet Jackson thing they make performers pre record everything. I remember the Chilli Peppers complaining about that for their set.

Seems to be a one time thing with the Chili peppers. They sang live but the instruments were recorded.

http://www.theverge.com/platform/am...t-faking-super-bowl-performance?client=safari

Dierce

SAB2ZFil.jpg

Look at those small hands on that orange mother fucker. Better yet, don't gross yourself out.

So I don't really visit PoliGAF but I was sent a message to post my "What should I do" topic here. Has a bunch of resources for contacting legislators as well as general activism (Mostly US-centric) so since I spent a bunch of time on it, I figured as many people as possible should see it.

Remember when there was no muslim ban and it was only "extreme vetting"? Oh Trump will never ban Muslims. Come on. We got checks and balances and shit. This is America! Even Paul Ryan wont have it!

It be challenged by ACLU, reach SC where it will side with Trump. There are no checks and balances. There is no one looking out for us. Read that again. Its all gone to hell for the forseeable future.

I'll make the same post when undocumented immigrants start to get bussed.

Remember when there was no muslim ban and it was only "extreme vetting"? Oh Trump will never ban Muslims. Come on. We got checks and balances and shit. This is America! Even Paul Ryan wont have it!

It be challenged by ACLU, reach SC where it will side with Trump. There are no checks and balances. There is no one looking out for us. Read that again. Its all gone to hell for the forseeable future.

I'll make the same post when undocumented immigrants start to get bussed.

Even a conservative SC wouldn't side with Trump on religious profiling.

If they aren't willing to back off from this there is no reason they won't begin rounding dreamers up by the thousands once the time is up, and they will have far more legal standing to deport millions of people

I agree it's time to stop thinking that something is coming to stop this until the next elections

Diablos

This is insane. This isn't America.
Whether this tidbit of info is true or not, do you see what just happened here? The extremists in the GOP did exactly what the Nazis did. They painted their opponents, in this case the Democrats, as too extreme, secular, no regard for the American people, you name it. They said they would do all these horrible things to freedom and liberty and the constitution. In reality that really didn't happen. Yet they got enough people to eat it up, and now, Trump is doing exactly what he and many other conservatives said his opponents were because people are too dumb to realize what is going on right in front of them.

I look forward to "principled conservatives" praising Clarence Thomas when he declares that this obviously illegal EO is perfectly legal and religious liberty isn't infringed.

Will Justice Roberts eat ass again and go down as one of America's worst white supremacists of this era? That will be the interesting question.

My sister is directing a community theater production of Spring Awakening to raise awareness of women's rights.

I'm so proud of her. Trump has mobilized her into action. Like waking a sleeping giant.

You guys are doing exactly what I said in my post. There is no one looking out for us (or the Constitution for that matter).

There are large organizations, companies, entire states, and an entire political party looking out for us.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus would sell like 10 million units if the villain was modeled off of Steve Bannon.

Would be a dumb business decision if they don't have you kill Bannon in the next Wolfenstein game.

So when the SC tells Trump to cut it out with the profiling, you think he's just going to ignore them?
Depends how much he really idolizes Andrew Jackson.

But in all seriousness the scary thing of course isn't just Trump in regards to this, but Bannon. Bannon seems to know exactly how to fuck this shit up and pre-empt such options and so it wouldn't surprise me if Bannon actually takes a page out of FDR's playbook and tries to get Trump to tell Congress to stuff the Supreme Court full of justices that have absolutely no problem with that nonsense to cut off that avenue. And that's something that would work just as well for the GOP, so they certainly wouldn't oppose it if he does. Especially if it's framed around something like "making the Court more accountable to the interests and wishes of the American people" or some such nonsense. Doesn't matter if the Courts could do something if they're neutralized before they have a chance.

And with how fast things have already been in just a thing, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bannon is holding onto a card like that if things stop going his way. And since he seems to be the one that's calling the shots, well yeah, I'm terrified about the possibility that the SC will mean nothing under him because of options like that and counting on the GOP to actually oppose him if he does it, since he certainly wouldn't have any problems doing something like that. Underestimating him and the shit he seems to be willing to pull would seem to be a grave, grave mistake at this point.

The Supreme Court really does need to be reformed by constitutional amendments as it's held together by meaningless norms. It needs the ability to inflict violence on the president or Congress or state governments that disobey its orders.

Diablos

Trump is moving so fast it's hard to stomach, no doubt

The Supreme Court really does need to be reformed by constitutional amendments as it's held together by meaningless norms. It needs the ability to inflict violence on the president or Congress or state governments that disobey its orders.
Uhh no

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What the heck? Has everyone seen this Calexit/Russia/GOP story?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...-say-they-ve-opened-1482187671-htmlstory.html

California gained an embassy in Russia last weekend, at least in the eyes of those who have promised to seek a statewide vote on secession, nicknamed "Calexit," in 2018.

Louis Marinelli, a San Diego resident who is the leader of the group promoting an effort to turn the state into an independent country , organized the Moscow event that was publicized on social media.

"We want to start laying the groundwork for a dialogue about an independent California joining the United Nations now," he said in an email Monday.

That Rogue POTUS twitter reported earlier that Bannon/GOP wants to funnel money into this platform because they want California to leave to guarantee republicans win the election every year from here on out.

LOL no. Terrible idea.

There is no president in the future that will obey the Supreme Court unless the Court is given power to actually do things like with-holding funding or shutting down the government or causing automatic impeachment.

Of course, you'll have to make the Court non-partisan too in that case and that will be hard.

faisal233

What the heck? Has everyone seen this Calexit/Russia/GOP story?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...-say-they-ve-opened-1482187671-htmlstory.html

That Rogue POTUS twitter reported earlier that Bannon/GOP wants to funnel money into this platform because they want California to leave to guarantee republicans win the election every year from here on out.

LOL no. Terrible idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

That book is required reading for the Russian general staff. It tell you exactly what they are doing.

Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]

This should confirm that the twitter is fake :lol

*No* president will ever let a state leave without war. If they let California leave, what about any other state that wants to do it? It would lead to the breakup of the United States and everyone knows that.

That's obviously what Russia wants, but no chance the GOP wants that. I doubt Bannon even wants that.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus would sell like 10 million units if the villain was modeled off of Steve Bannon.

Would be a dumb business decision if they don't have you kill Bannon in the next Wolfenstein game.

Would be a dumb decision not to have you kill all three of them. Pence already looks like a robot, ffs.

I look forward to "principled conservatives" praising Clarence Thomas when he declares that this obviously illegal EO is perfectly legal and religious liberty isn't infringed.

Will Justice Roberts eat ass again and go down as one of America's worst white supremacists of this era? That will be the interesting question.

is eating ass something that justice roberts is known for

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ari Melber‏ @AriMelber

Trump WH shielded ban order from "formal review by NSC lawyers, or by any agency, including DoD"

Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom