• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no evidence Erdogan's coup was a false flag IIRC.

There has never been an EO this quickly applied and stupidly applied probably.

This affected people in transit, it's fucking mad.

I could have sworn I remember hearing mumbling it was a false flag, because the events lasted for such a short period+It played right into what he wanted.

Diablos

There is no evidence Erdogan's coup was a false flag IIRC.

There has never been an EO this quickly applied and stupidly applied probably.

This affected people in transit, it's fucking mad.
It's like something you would do in the middle of an actual war. Like, as in, cities getting bombed. It's insane.

If we have another large scale terror attack I really think Trump is going to bomb something without hesitation, maybe only a few hours after the attack

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Imagine what EO will get passed when Trump is angry at some black people, or after a terrorist attack carried out by a domestic terrorist.

Got to say, I'm extremely impressed at how quickly we devolved into AreWeTheBaddies.gif territory. Despite the worst imaginable expectations for Trump and a fear of literally everything going wrong before he was sworn in, I'm still impressed. Figured maybe a month. Maybe we'd manage until we invaded someone. But no, a week.

EO to cease all Internet communications I can see happening for sure
A knee jerk EO turning off the internet would instantly send the country into the worst recession it's ever had. Also we'd have no power. Or banks. Or a stock market.

So I'm not really sure how you "could see this happening for sure"

Diablos

A knee jerk EO turning off the internet would instantly send the country into the worst recession it's ever had. Also we'd have no power. Or banks. Or a stock market.

So I'm not really sure how you "could see this happening for sure"
Terror attack of a massive scale. It's a stretch... or is it with this President?

Crocodile

This week has ended without the video of a black man getting murdered by the police coming out.

So there's that for next week I guess.

My butt is in perpetual clenched mode until Trump isn't president for this exact reason

When a cop gets shot and the alt right says BLM did it, I'm sure AG Sessions will want to vigorously prosecute all of BLM.

600full-jay-bauman.jpg

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It will never happen, but if Trump somehow turned off the internet I'd love to see all the fucking nerd alt right losers with their fedoras and poorly-kempt cargo shorts and their decorative katanas or whatever trying to justify that move by their dear leader.

Teggy

Now that Putin has killed off everyone involved with the dossier do you think maybe some republicans might think they're something to it?

Ogodei

More likely BLM gets designated a domestic terrorist organization, just like they're trying to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So, less than 10 GOP Congresspeople spoke out against this today.

Time for the weekly reminder that the RNC was hacked and that information was NOT leaked.

Teggy

BTW if you haven't seen it in other threads, taxi drivers at JFK went on strike for an hour to protest and Uber told their drivers to scab. Uber CEO is a Trump supporter.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
God bless Howard Dean for getting after Kaine and the other democratic senators to actually start doing something about this.

Dean needs to be involved somehow in the new DNC.

Wilsongt

Washington (CNN)The White House statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day didn't mention Jews or anti-Semitism because "despite what the media reports, we are an incredibly inclusive group and we took into account all of those who suffered," administration spokeswoman Hope Hicks told CNN on Saturday.
Hicks provided a link to a Huffington Post UK story noting that while 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, 5 million others were also slaughtered during Adolf Hitler's genocide, including "priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters."

Asked if the White House was suggesting President Donald Trump didn't mention Jews as victims of the Holocaust because he didn't want to offend the other people the Nazis targeted and killed, Hicks replied, "it was our honor to issue a statement in remembrance of this important day."

All Lives Matter.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Hicks provided a link to a Huffington Post UK story noting that while 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, 5 million others were also slaughtered during Adolf Hitler's genocide, including "priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters."
I've read this anti-semetic quote in dark corners of 4chans and reddits. It's a common refrain amongst neo nazis it seems. It's now mainstream. Why should Jews get special treatment??? They're not special!

kess

Http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/28/technology/immigration-ban-tech-reaction/index.html

A 2011 report from the Partnership for a New American Economy found that about 45% of high-tech companies in the Fortune 500 were founded by immigrants or children of immigrants.
That list includes highly influential founders from some of the banned countries: Apple founder Steve Jobs was the child of Syrian immigrants, eBay founder Pierre Omidyar is the child of Iranian parents, and Oracle's Bob Miner is also Iranian.

Good on Omidyar for calling it straight up bigotry.

Goodstyle

Seeing a lot of moaning and anguish on Twitter from people I swear were saying how Hillary and Trump were "basically the same" before the election. How times have changed.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Pro-tip: If you see anybody bringing up that Obama blocked Iraqi refugees for six months, point out that was done after some terrorists managed to get through the system. Trump is simply banning majority Muslim countries and plans to give preference to Christian minorities, despite more Muslims dying from terrorists than Christians.

kess

Pro-tip: If you see anybody bringing up that Obama blocked Iraqi refugees for six months, point out that was done after some terrorists managed to get through the system. Trump is simply banning majority Muslim countries and plans to give preference to Christian minorities, despite more Muslims dying from terrorists than Christians.

People are sourcing Gateway Pundit as well, which is the same website that was intentionally spreading false medical documents during the Ferguson protests.

BowieZ

Banned
Seeing a lot of moaning and anguish on Twitter from people I swear were saying how Hillary and Trump were "basically the same" before the election. How times have changed.
Indeed.

I admit that I too was guilty of presuming Trump wouldn't enact any of Bannon's crazy policies.

But he did, and we can't look back now.

royalan

kZD4fQi.png

5MiCwb4.png

HEC6iXd.png

4iyL0qm.png

I'm telling y'all, if Democrats don't wise up and cut it with this courtesy bullshit, Republicans won't be the only ones walking into a trap this year.

There's a movement brewing against Democrats, and not just "establishment" Dems, but any Democrat seen as complacent in the unprecedented bullshit going on in our country right now. No Dem (or Independent) with a seat is safe.

Now is not the time for courtesy. Now is not the time for politics as usual.

PInk Tape

Banned
The GOP, excluding maybe 5 people and the office pet, is doing what they do best in situations where their voting base isn't being negatively affected at that moment: nothing.

QdzfnvC.gif

This post is like a time capsule from mid 2016 poligaf. oh, to have those times again

remember how fucking thrilled you all were after the dnc happened

Yup.

Back to a time when we had a sane, responsible, and qualified potential leader that wasn't willing to kill all of us cuz China was mean to her via Twitter. Those were the days...

royalan

Any Dem but Manchin running for that seat though and it's just going to go Republican.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get flak for voting for Sessions but, yknow, long game.

Well, I'm not exactly the one leading the movement. This is the energy that is out there. And I know there are regular posters in this thread who are a LOT more tuned in than I am who know it's true though they may not talk about it.

The people are tired. We are NOT in normal times, and Democratic voters are fed the fuck up with seeing our leadership capitulate. It's an absolute abandonment of the principles they claim to care about at this point.

Democrats better get a damn clue, or they're going to have to add one more check to a growing list of problems.

kirblar

Any Dem but Manchin running for that seat though and it's just going to go Republican.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get flak for voting for Sessions but, yknow, long game.
Yeah, Manchin is...WV.

Adjust expectations. We're not his constituency and having that seat is a miracle.

It's only an issue (beyond ethics/morals) if he's suddenly a swing.

Well, I'm not exactly the one leading the movement. This is the energy that is out there. And I know there are regular posters in this thread who are a LOT more tuned in than I am who know it's true though they may not talk about it.

The people are tired. We are NOT in normal times, and Democratic voters are fed the fuck up with seeing our leadership capitulate. It's an absolute abandonment of the principles they claim to care about at this point.

Democrats better get a damn clue, or they're going to have to add one more check to a growing list of problems.

Democrats are at a natural disadvantage in the Senate, you take the seats that are somehow still Dem in West Virginia and the hole gets 10 feet deeper. Put your emotions aside.

sphagnum

Banned

The Resistance is primarily based in urban areas though, Manchin is in WV.

I'd like to see him purged as much as anyone else but realistically I can't see it happening.

royalan

Yeah, Manchin is...WV.

Adjust expectations. We're not his constituency and having that seat is a miracle.

Manchin ain't the only one voting yes on these cabinet appointees.

If the only worry was Manchin, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Come on, guys. Honestly.

Democrats are at a natural disadvantage in the Senate, you take the seats that are somehow still Dem in West Virginia and the hole gets 10 feet deeper. Put your emotions aside.

I'm not the one you have to convince. But y'all can keep your heads in the sand if you want. We'll compare receipts four months from now.

adg1034

You need to read about this insanity and what it means - Trump filed for his 2020 campaign 5 hours after the inauguration
https://mobile.twitter.com/resisterhood/status/825435325535252480

Also read a quote from W Bush's staff that Karl Rove was specifically banned from National Security Council meetings to avoid any appearance of politics playing a role in those decisions.

Damn. "Even more importantly - completely changes how non profits can handle him. 501c3's cannot "campaign" or risk losing nonprofit status. /5"

I want some more eyes on this, but if this means the RNC can go "Sorry, ACLU! You used 501c3 funds to attack a political candidate. No more nonprofit status for you," hoo boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom