• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Wait. Is this real?! lmao

C3Suc0QVUAEJixQ.jpg

I know it's from 2012... but it just goes to show you how this hypocritical lunatic thinks.

Watch him turn around and do the same thing he accused Obama of potentially doing.

It's real, anytime you see this just google:
Trump twitter _________ and google will usually have it on the top and if you don't use the wayback machine

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/255784560904773633

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The stock market opens on Monday. I would think it would be negative effected by the news, right? Many industries, not just tech needs immigrants. Additionally, corporations might be worried about how many countries will react.

The market is stupid, it often doesn't think things through at all because the people involved only ever think in the short-term.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nat'l Imm Law Center Verified account
‏@NILC_org

BREAKING: Elica Vafaie, attorney with @aaaj_alc, announces that @flySFO agents are refusing to comply & set to deport elderly Iranians now

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Democrats should start saying Trump is humiliating the US, that he clearly has no idea what he's doing, that his administration is clearly unable to advise him, and that those who manage to do so like Bannon and Miller (name them) are giving him the worst advice they could and one must wonder if they're doing it on purpose.

It's so easy.

It's not *that* easy. There's a strong temptation to fight each and every thing, but that is unlikely to work in general, because Trump is doing *exactly* what he said he would do, and doing it fast, and complaining long and loud about it doesn't win any votes.

Surgical strikes when a thing is done badly or precipitously or incompetently and causes unanticipated harm or breaks laws - like the ACLU thing - is fine.

But other than that I think we're in the classic Ali "rope-a-dope" scenario.

It's not *that* easy. There's a strong temptation to fight each and every thing, but that is unlikely to work in general, because Trump is doing *exactly* what he said he would do, and doing it fast, and complaining long and loud about it doesn't win any votes.

Surgical strikes when a thing is done badly or precipitously or incompetently and causes unanticipated harm or breaks laws - like the ACLU thing - is fine.

It's not temptation, it's showing Trump is too reprehensible to work with on anything. If Trump tomorrow offered universal healthcare with no cost to middle class and poor people, I would be opposed. Trump is that toxic where nothing he does came be framed positively.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

I guess you didn't read what I said?

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Yeah so hopefully someone from the Democrats step up soon and holds a big press conference. Need to seize this moment. On another note how and what does it take to get a tv political ad going on how much damage Trump and has administration has done in one week? Kind of like that delusional one that was posted.

The report was that Trump would be signing an executive order at least once a day for his first month. I know Thursday is supreme Court day, but what campaign promises are left to target?

The report was that Trump would be signing an executive order at least once a day for his first month. I know Thursday is supreme Court day, but what campaign promises are left to target?

He'll write an EO saying "I direct Congress to come up with a budget that gives every white male a high paying manufacturing job" clearly.

Zukkoyaki

I'm wondering that as well considering he's brought up pretty much everything he promised this past week: The wall, Muslim ban, even brought up Tariffs (which were walked back).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah so hopefully someone from the Democrats step up soon and holds a big press conference. Need to seize this moment. On another note how and what does it take to get a tv political ad going on how much damage Trump and has administration has done in one week? Kind of like that delusional one that was posted.

ABC carried a big Schumer conference a few minutes ago. I missed it live unfortunately.

Israeli and American interests are not aligned on many issues (Russia most of all right now) so Bibi and Trump are eventually going to have a conflict and Trump will get pissy and cut off relations with Israel over it.

Bibi screwed himself and screwed his country by siding with the GOP and this has been clear since Trump's nomination. But now that the Trump administration is a bunch of Holocaust revisionists, Bibi should get ahead of this obvious outcome by cutting off relations right away.

Have some fucking pride, don't deal with Holocaust revisionists when they will clearly stab you in the back in a few months.

Hindl

I was originally onboard with celebrities after the election, but this first week has been worse than I had imagined.

By the end of this, Americans are going to want somebody experienced with a good record. Biden is the guy for that. He knows how to get under Trump's skin. He knows how to relate to the average voter. He's folksy.

I'd love Biden, but he'll be 78. Medical advances are always happening, and he's in good health, but the Presidency is a ton of stress and I'd be worried about him holding up through 4 years

More I think about it more I feel like Franken might be the best option going forward. He's acting more like the Senate party leader than Schumer.

Yeah, Franken would be a good choice. Combining this with Plinko, I think a Biden/Franken ticket would be pretty great, and Franken can step in if the worst happens with Biden

royalan

Israeli and American interests are not aligned on many issues (Russia most of all right now) so Bibi and Trump are eventually going to have a conflict and Trump will get pissy and cut off relations with Israel over it.

Bibi screwed himself and screwed his country by siding with the GOP and this has been clear since Trump's nomination. But now that the Trump administration is a bunch of Holocaust revisionists, Bibi should get ahead of this obvious outcome by cutting off relations right away.

Have some fucking pride, don't deal with Holocaust revisionists when they will clearly stab you in the back in a few months.

Bibi's reaction to all this should tell you that he has no intention o crossing Trump whatsoever. Israel will get screwed before that happens.

So how do we go about starting a social media/global campaign where we refer to everything Trump does as being done by "President Bannon"?

I want to make that happen so bad.
If the left collectively began referring to Bannon as President and Trump as The Puppet I imagine that would get under his skin in a big way. DJT's ego is too fragile and his concern over what others think of him too prominent for it not to bother him.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about this like half an hour ago.
If the left collectively began referring to Bannon as President and Trump as The Puppet I imagine that would get under his skin in a big way. DJT's ego is too fragile and his concern over what others think of him too prominent for it not to bother him.
Shadow President Bannon
shadow VP Kushner
empty figurehead trump

Bibi is probably waiting for the go ahead from Trump to target Iran. How quickly we forget we were almost dragged into a war with Iran in 2011-2012 over Bibi wanted to target Iran. When Trump destroys the nuclear deal and Iran begins rebuilding, Israel will pounce

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

A lot of things left. Note that it's not the EO that matter, it's just that he has to say "yes, I did this like I promised", regardless of what the actual outcome is.

1- A lot of drain the swamp stuff
2- Appointing someone to investigate Hillary (even if he praised her after more than once, I still think he is likely to do it if he feels he needs to regain some lost popularity).
3- Getting rid of common core.
4- Getting rid of the EPA, although that will be death by a thousand paper cuts, so it has started already.
5- Allow states to legalize or criminalize marijuana, but available to all patients.
6- Some NASA reshuffling. Probably ending anything global-warming related, and maybe some plan to mine something (complete guess on my end there, but would go with his "we have to get something for our money" spin).
7- Some military buildup thing.
8- Internet restrictions in some ways, cause IS propaganda.
9- Iran deal knife-juggling.
10- Parachute Bowe Bergdahl into Afghanistan, without a parachute.
11- Reshuffling of the Veterans Affairs department.
12- Force Nabisco to once again make Oreos in the United States.
13- Get rid of the Dodd-Frank
14- Reduce the number of tax brackets from seven to four and other tax code "simplifications".
15- Temporarily allow corporations to bring cash back to the US with a 10% tax instead of the full rate.
16- "Corporate tax loopholes!"
17- Remove all gun-free zones, ban bazookas or something similar. Conceal carry in all states.
18- Death penalty for police killers. More police funding, etc.
19- Start deporting people already in the US.
20- No more birthright citizenship.

All his promises here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...any-campaign-promises/?utm_term=.7451125c139d

Wishful thinking, Netanyahu praised Trump's wall last week. You don't know him if you think he won't support him.

Maledict

Has anyone seen this TV ad? I don't think this is normal for a president to do but I'm not from the US so I don't know. It seems scary to me though.

https://twitter.com/Jess4_RK/status/825358392575266816

Apologies if its already been posted.

It's not from Trump himself.

It's from a con organisation on the right. They have been doing this for years - they get people to donate for some lunatic right wing thing, and then all the money goes on staffing and lobbyists.

infi

It's not from Trump himself.

It's from a con organisation on the right. They have been doing this for years - they get people to donate for some lunatic right wing thing, and then all the money goes on staffing and lobbyists.

If these kind of things are normal then I think I understand the extreme polarisation of your politics more than I did.

Yeah... if even customs already has some people defying on ethical grounds imagine how messy things are going to be when Trump potentially issues broad military orders.

Zukkoyaki

https://twitter.com/AymanM/status/825755230163853313

This is freaking terrifying. They are saying the executive order supercedes the courts.

Goodbye, checks and balances. We've got a full dictatorship on our hands.
I think what's being said there is that the EO isn't actually halted which, correct me if I'm wrong, it isn't. The court order was a quick response to try and help people who have green cards and such. Doesn't excuse the people defying the court order though.

royalan

I think what's being said there is that the EO isn't actually halted which, correct me if I'm wrong, it isn't. The court order was a quick response to try and help people who have green cards and such.

And at some airports, some of those people are still being detained.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think what's being said there is that the EO isn't actually halted which, correct me if I'm wrong, it isn't. The court order was a quick response to try and help people who have green cards and such. Doesn't excuse the people defying the court order though.

Hmm...I saw two other people on Twitter analyzing it differently. We'll see, I guess.

But many are implementing it even with the injunction.
That's still a problem. That there's any confusion and any dissent whatsoever in the ranks is ridiculous. That there's been apparently next to no advising from above as this started. That the implementation from place to place has been different. It's unheard of.

These guys are just average random people trying to work a steady government job. Dealing with highly political matters isn't in their job description. This has to suck for them.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Spicer/the Administration can't even tell the truth about crowd sizes when there is clear and readily available evidence to the contrary. No way anyone should take their word about an "imminent threat."

That's still a problem. That there's any confusion and any dissent whatsoever in the ranks is ridiculous. That there's been apparently next to no advising from above as this started. That the implementation from place to place has been different. It's unheard of.

These guys are just average random people trying to work a steady government job. Dealing with highly political matters isn't in their job description. This has to suck for them.

Actually, the WH has said the EO stands even with the court rulings. Someone from WH is instructing DHS employees not to follow the court injunctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom