• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't be opposing EVERY Trump pick. Just the completely insane, corrupt, unqualified ones. (which is almost all of them)

The like, 2 or 3 that weren't I don't really think there is any issue with confirming them. I don't really see that as being weak or rolling over. We are actually going to need guys like Mattis, honestly.

Senate Dems are getting attacked for voting for anybody period. Dean called out Kaine and he voted for the same people Bernie did.

Yeah I mean I don't agree that they should be getting attacked for voting, but I think that if they were reading the room and actually putting on the appearance of strong leaders right now then people would forgive the occasional vote for confirming somebody. Democrats are angry and want some kind of strong leadership, and honestly a lot of the high profile dems are not doing a whole lot. I saw more governors and mayors step up the past week than any of the prominent democrats.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
We shouldn't be opposing EVERY Trump pick. Just the completely insane, corrupt, unqualified ones. (which is almost all of them)

The like, 2 or 3 that weren't I don't really think there is any issue with confirming them. I don't really see that as being weak or rolling over. We are actually going to need guys like Mattis, honestly.

Yep. You can't fight battles on a hundred fronts. The real problem is no real battle being fought on any front.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is there a thread or any discussion on Bannon on the security team and JSC commander out? That seems nearly as big news as the ban yet it's not being discussed.

BowieZ

Banned
Is there a thread or any discussion on Bannon on the security team and JSC commander out? That seems nearly as big news as the ban yet it's not being discussed.
There's been a couple of threads but they aren't gathering much steam; I'm not sure how many OT-goers truly comprehend the severity of the situation. (IMHO)

Seeing some things about a gag order on the Interior Department now
Wait, What?!

Maledict

I'm sure Roberts is praying for Hardiman. Otherwise he has to work with a crazy lunatic fanatic for the next few decades, bogging down the entire court for the rest of his term and potentially destroying his legacy (which he seems to care a lot about).

Roberts doesn't give a hit a shit about his legacy. If he did, he wouldn't have been one of the dissenters on the gay marriage case. Out of everything else he does, that's the decision that's going to stick in the history books.

Roberts doesn't give a hit a shit about his legacy. If he did, he wouldn't have been one of the dissenters on the gay marriage case. Out of everything else he does, that's the decision that's going to stick in the history books.

I'm pretty sure Roberts will be remembered for saying in 2013 "we don't need the VRA anymore because racism is over."

The historical debate will be over whether Roberts was a white supremacist or useful idiot.

And she doesn't understand (or value?) technology at all.

Seriously, she was a fine Senator for her time, but it's time for that seat to move on.
Would anybody dare primary her? Won't the #JusticeDems crack down on her seat?

----

If that 538 page ever gains traction, all of the 2020 noms are gonna need to get their score down as much as possible to match Gillary.

Geist-

https://twitter.com/PiaGuerra/status/825894457396514816
C3YqndIVcAArEG_.jpg

Dr. Worm

Banned
Senator Whitehouse held a dinner last night and got some flak for approving Pompeo. His response was that Pompeo is at least sane, which is necessary. Some Republicans, even ones like Lindsey Graham who PoliGAF thinks bent over for Trump, are low-key making plans for Trump exiting office within first 100 days. (I'm not in RI, this is from someone else who attended last night, so I'm a little fuzzy on details.)

He's definitely opposing the real crazies, though, DeVos and Tillerson and such.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Spicer briefing, get your bullshit defenses ready.

Spicer's first comment this AM is trying to extend an arm to the Muslim community by saying he's praying for those hurt at the Quebec Mosque

Of course he used it to justify Trumps ban immediately after.

Teggy

Is he patting Trump on the back for the Dow dropping 200 points this morning?

And wait, he's saying non-muslims shooting Muslims is a justification for the ban? How does that work?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The pessimist in me says that people have memories of goldfishes and by two years in everybody will have been habituated to Trump's shenanigans/new voter suppression laws are in place making it impossible to win back congress anyway.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too. Get all the bad stuff out of the way in 2017 and come 2018 it's only about the bipartisan infrastructure plan that after much debate finally got passed.

I just heard one of the most mind-numbing delusional things I've ever heard from a right-wing radio host: all violent crimes are "hate crimes", defining hate crimes as motivated by race or religion or whatnot is just liberal race-baiting

How....? And people just nod along and agree..

Goodstyle

Uber's CEO is an adviser to Trump. They absolutely did side with him.

That's shady sure, but so is Marvel's CEO. There are tons of people working under those people that don't feel the same way the top brass does, I don't see why they should be punished. I'd love to see people boycotting Uber even consider boycotting Marvel. I dare them, I double dare them.

That's shady sure, but so is Marvel's CEO. There are tons of people working under those people that don't feel the same way the top brass does, I don't see why they should be punished. I'd love to see people boycotting Uber even consider boycotting Marvel. I dare them, I double dare them.

A couple days ago there was a huge thread on here about Disney's startling connections to Trump.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just heard one of the most mind-numbing delusional things I've ever heard from a right-wing radio host: all violent crimes are "hate crimes", defining hate crimes as motivated by race or religion or whatnot is just liberal race-baiting

This isn't really new - this argument was used a ton way back when they first tried to add the hate- classification for crimes.

NewFresh

I'm sure at some point they started or ended the sentence with

"If you really think about it...."

Also, I remember a girl in high school making this argument. Glad they haven't moved past 9th grade logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom