• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
A couple days ago there was a huge thread on here about Disney's startling connections to Trump.

People realize that the business council everyone is freaking out about a) has most of its members before Obama, and b) has the south asian immigrant woman of color CEO of PepsiCo on it as well, right? This entire "if you do anything that is related to Trump you support Trump" stupidity is sort of getting out of hand.

But hey, let's forget that Lyft's initial investor was Peter Thiel. <whistles innocently>

OBAMA SPEAKS!

&#8207;@IsaacDovere

NEWS Obama office statement: "President Obama is heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities around the country." /1

&#8207;@IsaacDovere

"the president fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion." /2

EDIT (more):

@IsaacDovere

Obama statement: "Citizens exercising their Const'l right to assemble..exactly what we expect to see when American values are at stake"

Teggy

People realize that the business council everyone is freaking out about a) has most of its members before Obama, and b) has the south asian immigrant woman of color CEO of PepsiCo on it as well, right? This entire "if you do anything that is related to Trump you support Trump" stupidity is sort of getting out of hand.

But hey, let's forget that Lyft's initial investor was Peter Thiel. <whistles innocently>

Yeah, it was pointed out on Twitter that Lyft has plenty of Trump supporters as investors. Lesser of two evils I guess.

OBAMA SPEAKS!

&#8207;@IsaacDovere

NEWS Obama office statement: "President Obama is heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities around the country." /1

&#8207;@IsaacDovere

"the president fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion." /2

Johnny come lately here....

People are mad that Uber scabbed.

tbm24

The response to criticisms against trump seems to always end with he was praised by the people who matter etc etc. I fully expect Trump giving a state of the union to bring up a poll where he wins, doesn't matter what, but so long as he wins it.

chadskin

C3cKQcKXAAYMMnm.jpg

tbm24

At this point the official story of the Trump Administration is going to be that before Trump the US didn't do anything. Immigrants, Refugees, etc, just walked in the door.

Teggy

Abby D. Phillip&#8207; @abbydphillip

Spicer says "by and large" Trump has been "praised" for omitting mention of Jewish people from his Holocaust statement.

WHHHHHHNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!??!!

(Can I make the font bigger? This needs a bigger font)

So, the past 11 days have been pretty nightmarish. I wake up every morning and feel sick to my stomach with what's happening and nothing gets rid of it. How do y'all handle balancing your mental health and keeping informed? I feel myself falling into a progressive depression and I want to fight everything that's going on, but I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm a minority and scared that I'll never see my parents again (green card holders, not included in the Muslim ban).

So, the past 11 days have been pretty nightmarish. I wake up every morning and feel sick to my stomach with what's happening and nothing gets rid of it. How do y'all handle balancing your mental health and keeping informed? I feel myself falling into a progressive depression and I want to fight everything that's going on, but I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm a minority and scared that I'll never see my parents again (green card holders, not included in the Muslim ban).

Never give up hope or fall into cynicism. Always believe that the future will be brighter.

Also play lots of video games.

I just heard one of the most mind-numbing delusional things I've ever heard from a right-wing radio host: all violent crimes are "hate crimes", defining hate crimes as motivated by race or religion or whatnot is just liberal race-baiting

How....? And people just nod along and agree..

That has actually been a conservative talking point pretty much as long as hate crime laws have been a thing. I remember Mallard Fillmore devoting like a week's worth of strips to whining about it years ago.

Pixieking

Banned
Never give up hope or fall into cynicism. Always believe that the future will be brighter.

Also play lots of video games.

Yeah, pretty much.

Though I felt a little weird playing games over the past few days... spineless gross monsters that would make a sane man mad, and then I decided to play Bloodborne.

Yeah, pretty much.

Though I felt a little weird playing games over the past few days... spineless gross monsters that would make a sane man mad, and then I decided to play Bloodborne.

I felt a little uncomfortable last week watching Batman and Superman: Public Enemies, a cartoon superhero movie, because Lex becomes president on the same promises Trump made, but then goes mad with power (and a drug addiction) and dooms the world because he can't admit his calculations were wrong.

And it's a 75 minute children's movie about super heroes.

I also used to really like Celebrity Apprentice, and now I feel ashamed I ever liked it.

This press briefing is filled with a surprising amount of "we're just doing what Obama did"

It's a terrible angle to take. Not only is it highly publicized right now that Obama didn't do this, but also blaming the past administration doesn't work.

Obama even barely got a free pass for Bush's financial crash problems. No way is Trump going to get a pass on this because Obama did something vaguely similar in response to an actual threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom