• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

It will be something like, "we must make sure the Russians don't try to influence our elections," with a winky emoticon.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If I hear another talking head bring up "hey he said he's was going to do this during the campaign" as a virtue, I'm toss a beer at my TV.

He also said he want to send women to jail for abortions and let japan get nukes, is that ok too? jesus

jtb

Banned
If I hear another talking head bring up "hey he said he's was going to do this during the campaign" as a virtue, I'm toss a beer at my TV.

He also said he want to send women to jail for abortions and let japan get nukes, is that ok too? jesus

but I thought we were supposed to take him seriously not literally

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mary Emily O'Hara Verified account
‏@MaryEmilyOHara

BREAKING: White House Deputy Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham tells me an executive order on LGBT policy "isn’t the plan at this time."

As people on Twitter are saying, this screams it being a floated idea and the internal reaction from Congresspeople was overwhelming.

rokkerkory

That tweet means nothing because it won't be an order on LGBT policy. It will be an order on "religious freedom."

The specific EO being floated was just to overturn Obama's that mandated protections for LGBTQ people working for federal contractors. It wouldn't have had any scope beyond that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The alt-right is saying they got the list of countries from Obama and are just extending the ban that was in place earlier. How to refute this?

It's a lie, that's all it is. There's no truth to it. Just call it a lie. Obama never halted visas from the Middle East, at most he slowed the rate for a few months while they came up with new screening processes.

King and Warner are voting to confirm Tillerson. I wonder if King is sppoked by Trump's performance in Maine. No excuse for Warner.

Also a reminder that independent doesn't mean leftist.

As people on Twitter are saying, this screams it being a floated idea and the internal reaction from Congresspeople was overwhelming.

Alternately, people were really angry about the Muslim ban, so the Trump admin leaks "we're going after the gays," and everyone focuses their outrage on that. Then they can walk it back and say, "whoa, we were never considering that," and people go "well that's settled then" and forget about the Muslim ban. Classic misdirection, which has been a hallmark of Trump's entire campaign.

faisal233

nKC6ecE.png

What can be done to slow down Sessions?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
A Democrat who votes for Sessions will get destroyed next election.

Aww fuck I forgot it's not 60 :/

Too much to ask from the GOP to vote against Sessions.

tbm24

A Democrat who votes for Sessions will get destroyed next election.

Aww fuck I forgot it's not 60 :/

Too much to ask from the GOP to vote against Sessions.
There's really no way for Sessions to not be confirmed. If anything it's better that he gets in to try and defend all of Trumps bullshit. Especially given most of it seemed to be in part his idea.

kirblar

King and Warner are voting to confirm Tillerson. I wonder if King is sppoked by Trump's performance in Maine. No excuse for Warner.

Also a reminder that independent doesn't mean leftist.
Given who was pushing Tillerson, I suspect things are being said behind closed doors that are reassuring people.

kirblar

The Dems don't seem to understand that the struggle must intensify once state power has been gained, not slacken.
Because the mini-generation that comes of age under someone like Clinton Obama assumes this is the norm because people don't fucking understand counterfactuals unless they're being smacked in the face by them.

Chumley

Banned
Stephen Miller is like one of the sociopaths you'll see spouting Trump rhetoric on the #HeWillNotDivideUs stream. Him and Bannon are complete nutters who shouldn't even be allowed to tour the white house, but here we are.

sphagnum

Banned
Because the mini-generation that comes of age under someone like Clinton Obama assumes this is the norm because people don't fucking understand counterfactuals unless they're being smacked in the face by them.

Yes, but I also mean the party itself, not just the voters. The voters need to be whipped up into a frenzy. They need to be energized. They have to have it drilled into them how precarious the situation is.

Technocrats aren't good at that.

I'm wondering what the everliving fuck he's going to do when the next inevitable major terrorist attack happens under his watch

FTFY

His Muslim ban acted as a permission slip both to ISIS and homegrown white extremists. I give it 6 months before something heinous happens on US soil as a result of this.

Teggy

Stephen Miller is like one of the sociopaths you'll see spouting Trump rhetoric on the #HeWillNotDivideUs stream. Him and Bannon are complete nutters who shouldn't even be allowed to tour the white house, but here we are.

Miller also ran in the same circles as Richard Spencer when they were at Duke.

Given who was pushing Tillerson, I suspect things are being said behind closed doors that are reassuring people.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, did Tillerson suddenly stop being a Russian shill with no qualifications or experience?

Also given Warren's flimsy justification for being "reassured" with Carson, I can't imagine it's actually reassuring.

I hope Warner realizes that he's in a D+5 state now.

This isn't the old Virginia.

Or maybe someone can remind him that he's now the Senator of a liberal state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom