• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
They should, I doubt they will though. Rs in Congress will be annoyed and more along, unless there's a lawsuit (over FOIA requests) and it gets media attention.

If the President had a (D) next to his/her name, it would've been WWIII to conservative media.

In Trump reality, it's thisisfine #560459

I dunno man, I'd have to think that even (or maybe especially) Republicans want to be able to trust their staff. Constitutional issues aside, this is a huge breach of trust and the chain of command for those staffers.

I dunno man, I'd have to think that even (or maybe especially) Republicans want to be able to trust their staff. Constitutional issues aside, this is a huge breach of trust and the chain of command for those staffers.

Perhaps, I just think Rs are butthurt WH didn't tell them anything.

Don't expect them to have a spine or shame.

Fucking surreal looking back at all the shit they threw at Hillary and now...

C3dxApHVcAEzFVr.jpg

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There is nothing surprising nor illegal about him removing her.

How he chose to go about it is what is worrying.

Wilsongt

yeah, as long as Bannon and Miller stay near Trump, I can see the likelihood of a 2018 election slipping away.

Bannon will find a way to grab control and that will be the end of it.

Most unsurprising move ever. She was a holdover from Obama and refused to cooperate. He couldn't help but take the bait! Now he just looks even more deranged than if he had waited like, less than 24 hours.

Most unsurprising move ever. She was a holdover from Obama and refused to cooperate. He couldn't help but take the bait! Now he just looks even more deranged than if he had waited like, less than 24 hours.

Wasn't she going to still be there even after sessions was confirmed. Also democrats just got more ammo to all vote no

Wilsongt

I need to brush up on my alt-right butch straight white lingo or else I'll grab grabbed by the Gaystappo and throw into conversion therapy camp.

So tomorrow is going to be a Trump news hailstorm

- Supreme Court
- Cybersecurity EO
- Yates being fired (+ comparisons to Nixon)
- Sessions

Kusagari

- Supreme Court
- Cybersecurity EO
- Sessions

Everything is going exactly as Bannon wants it. The chaos mutes the message that can be delivered against the administration because so much is happening at once.

- Supreme Court
- Cybersecurity EO
- Sessions

Not to mention House Dems introducing a bill of some sort that's supposed to target Trump's ties to Russia.

kusagari said:
Everything is going exactly as Bannon wants it. The chaos mutes the message that can be delivered against the administration because so much is happening at once.

I'd have to imagine that once cabinet appointments and SC is locked in, it'll be harder to uphold this strategy without ramping up the extremity of Trump's executive orders every few weeks. The only way they can maintain this pace of nonsense until mid-terms is to have a total ban on all immigration at that point. Eventually people will realize all this demagoguery isn't bringing their manufacturing job back and even some of Trump's more ardent supporters will lose faith. I still maintain that while a lot of Trump voters are proud racists who want the POTUS to enact his racist policies, most people just want good paying jobs and financial security. When Trump doesn't bring that, or even makes things worse, they'll turn on him. He was just the antiestablishment candidate to many, and they'll come to realize the new establishment he's brought in is considerably worse. As it turns out "shaking things up" is a good way to make things fall apart.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If I'm DNC leadership, I get Sally Yates onboard instantly for a leadership position or possibly to run for office.

Why do Republicans put up with this?

Paul Ryan's life is a never ending hell of fear and humiliation and he refuses to criticize Trump because he doesn't want to lose his job, but why?

Ryan would walk out of Washington and immediately make 8 figures a year. This applies similarly to other major Congress people. Congressman isn't that great of a job if you're only interested in power (and how the fuck can you be interested in policy and be happy with Trump?)!

Just half a day for a vindictive firing of someone in a temporary role in your administration for saying something you didn't like? Even in a raw dictatorship this would be considered outstanding turnaround. The wonders of the information age, everyone! People in charge that are so ruthless that they couldn't even wait until the start of business hours tomorrow to make their statement.

So we're going to have to sit and absorb stuff like this every single day until congressional republicans realize they're being clowned? It won't end with that, but it's extremely necessary that a broader range of people discover the situation we're in.
I can't believe trump couldn't wait a few more days until Session became AG.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's a dangerous thing done for zero reason other than revenge. No one would have remembered this 2 minutes after Sessions is sworn in, but instead we get to use it as an example of "oh, shit..."

If I'm DNC leadership, I get Sally Yates onboard instantly for a leadership position or possibly to run for office.
She's from Atlanta, so maybe a gubernatorial run in 2018? Senate isn't up until 2020 and the weakest CD is R+9.

Paul Ryan's life is a never ending hell of fear and humiliation and he refuses to criticize Trump because he doesn't want to lose his job, but why?

Ryan would walk out of Washington and immediately make 8 figures a year. This applies similarly to other major Congress people. Congressman isn't that great of a job if you're only interested in power (and how the fuck can you be interested in policy and be happy with Trump?)!
Poor people have too much right now and haven't had their benefits slashed enough.

Just half a day for a vindictive firing of someone in a temporary role in your administration for saying something you didn't like? Even in a raw dictatorship this would be considered outstanding turnaround. The wonders of the information age, everyone! People in charge that are so ruthless that they couldn't even wait until the start of business hours tomorrow to make their statement.

So we're going to have to sit and absorb stuff like this every single day until congressional republicans realize they're being clowned? It won't end with that, but it's extremely necessary that a broader range of people discover the situation we're in.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's a dangerous thing done for zero reason other than revenge. No one would have remembered this 2 minutes after Sessions is sworn in, but instead we get to use it as an example of "oh, shit..."

And they supposedly swore the new guy in a matter of a few hours

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Paul Ryan just isn't a good guy. He's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom