• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyber security EO has allegedly leaked
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229407330&postcount=98

Ten days. Unprecedented leaks. It's clear there are GOP aides in the WH who have no loyalty to the president. The only leaks you should get this early in an administration are puff piece shit. The type of exclusives you give to NYT/Vox (if you're a democrat) or the WSJ (if you're a republican): "we did this thing and it went perfectly, here's an insider story about it." Entire executive orders and other sensitive info should not be leaking like this.

Y'all think framing Bannon as the mastermind behind what's happening in WH could start a rift between Trump and him? We all know how fragile Trump's ego is.

Of course Paul Ryan is a bad person! I've never doubted that!

But why does he put up with the constant humiliation and paranoia when he could just go work at a bank and make millions a year? The desire to take poor people's Medicare and Social Security can't be this strong if you're not personally benefiting, he's a fucking weirdo for not either standing up to Trump or getting a banker job.

But why does he put up with the constant humiliation and paranoia when he could just go work at a bank and make millions a year? The desire to take poor people's Medicare and Social Security can't be this strong if you're not personally benefiting, he's a fucking weirdo for not either standing up to Trump or getting a banker job.
It's not like he really benefits from slashing school lunches for poor kids when that's a tiny part of the budget, he does it because he's a monster who masturbates to Ayn Randian fantasies thinking about poor people losing their food and health care.

tuxfool

Banned
Why do Republicans put up with this?

Paul Ryan's life is a never ending hell of fear and humiliation and he refuses to criticize Trump because he doesn't want to lose his job, but why?

Ryan would walk out of Washington and immediately make 8 figures a year. This applies similarly to other major Congress people. Congressman isn't that great of a job if you're only interested in power (and how the fuck can you be interested in policy and be happy with Trump?)!

Why? Ryan is a true believer. He still wants to ride that train to doom if it makes all the right stops.

I've gotten to a point where I can't get too worked up about this stuff anymore or I'd actually go crazy. Just tell me where to donate and what I'm protesting. All we can do is resist and see how things shake out.

he has delusions being president

It's not like he really benefits from slashing school lunches for poor kids when that's a tiny part of the budget, he does it because he's a monster who masturbates to Ayn Randian fantasies thinking about poor people losing their food and health care.

So basically, we have to assume that almost all Republican Congressman are people who get off on the idea of poor people losing their lives even if the congressmen themselves get no benefits whatsoever from this.

Otherwise, their behavior makes no sense.

These are just fucking weird people then.

he has delusions being president

Okay, let's move past Paul Ryan, why does John Corbyn put up with this? Corbyn could make 8 figures right away if he left Congress and instead he's working at a job where he has to live in fear because of Trump's scheming and bullshit.

These people who aren't interested in policy should just leave Congress.

Oh sweet jesus, it's an EO legalizing (mandating!) propaganda. "DoD and DHS will advise DoE" and SecDef gets direct input on the US education system for reasons unknown. There's also language on inviting the SEC and FEC along for the ride.

bjGBohu.png

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
No one teases a huge article. Huge articles just drop out of nowhere.

I don't get it. If it was that big that is my feelings drop it now or maybe they don't want it to be pushed to the side.

Only reason why I shared because they did the NSA leaks first if I am not mistaken.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
man, did Bannon have all of these in his back pocket? its ridiculous how they are doling out so many huge executive orders like this.

he must have been writing evil president fanfiction for years.

The cyber security EO is basically like Trump writing an EO to say he wants lunch in four hours, there's fucking nothing in it except "let's go review cybersecurity and see what's good and bad."

So, the fact that this EO has nothing in it seems pretty good.

man, did Bannon have all of these in his back pocket? its ridiculous how they are doling out so many huge executive orders like this.

he must have been writing evil president fanfiction for years.

These are terribly written and are obviously rushed.

Paches

Maybe I am naive, but I would think Bannon wouldn't be in a Pence administration, if Trump continues to accelerate in to disaster and is impeached (I know, long shot, but hey, so was electing him in the first place). Bannon is literally the most dangerous person in America.

So basically, we have to assume that almost all Republican Congressman are people who get off on the idea of poor people losing their lives even if the congressmen themselves get no benefits whatsoever from this.

Otherwise, their behavior makes no sense.

These are just fucking weird people then.

Okay, let's move past Paul Ryan, why does John Corbyn put up with this? Corbyn could make 8 figures right away if he left Congress and instead he's working at a job where he has to live in fear because of Trump's scheming and bullshit.

These people who aren't interested in policy should just leave Congress.
Isn't this why we say most poor whites vote Republican, so they can hurt minorities? I don't see why the people they elected wouldn't be interested in doing that.

Plus, working in Congress is often a stepping stone to getting a sweet corporate gig. Stay in power until you lose an election and then go work as a lobbyist or whatever.

So now that we've had a massacre, what's the over-under on congress finally making a move? I'd say about as good as my odds of trying to hop the border into Canada.

I was thinking W was the worst President of my life.

Trump's gonna beat him fast.

That moment when you realize that the Trump admin hasn't even faced an external problem i.e. hurricane, terror attack, or even pushing a fucking bill through congress. Literally every day has been another self made crisis

I refuse to believe there are not talks of impeachment among Congressional Republicans. There's no way that some upset Trump supporters threatening to primary them is worth the damage he's going to do and the rise of an extreme and potentially violent left.

Paul Ryan and most other rich assholes who happen to be Republican Congresspeople only care about cutting taxes very low for rich people and making sure the welfare state that helps people not become slaves to their bosses are gone. Either because they are very rich people who will make bank as a result of those policies or they're Randian douchebags like Ryan.

Combine that with the pro-gun/anti-choice/anti-gay one issue folk and you've got a political party.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Someone should really develop some sort of scale to describe how serious a story is. Just feels like there's a constant low level of hysteria going on now. Hard to tell when people are being Chicken Little or not.

What if he nominates the guy who is more moderate than Scalia? Would you really turn that down for him to put up some hard liner that gets through after McConnell kills filibuster?

Hardiman for instance. Dunno, it's interesting. You'd think the religious right would throw a fit over him. Democrat support+Trump being stubborn/refusing to back down could thus result in a somewhat moderate judge replacing Scalia, which is a win. Let Trump attack republicans while a decent pick gets through, basically.

I refuse to believe there are not talks of impeachment among Congressional Republicans. There's no way that some upset Trump supporters threatening to primary them is worth the damage he's going to do and the rise of an extreme and potentially violent left.

I don't think many of them realize this. I don't think a lot of them are smart enough to be honest.

That moment when you realize that the Trump admin hasn't even faced an external problem i.e. hurricane, terror attack, or even pushing a fucking bill through congress. Literally every day has been another self made crisis

I mean, seriously.

North Korea is testing a nuke in the next two weeks or so, is this going to turn into the Cuban Missile Crisis part 2?

This is the same party that delightfully wrote themselves into a corner concerning healthcare because the wanted to give a big fuck you to Obama that badly.

I will not waste an ounce of energy expecting that party to do the right thing unless I see it with my own eyes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

These people all just voted for Tillerson. They aren't doing anything. They are drunk with power.

Chumley

Banned

Until they see a legitimate threat to re election chances, there won't be talks. They don't care about the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom