• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm24

If Perez gets the job.

DNC

Dominican National Committee

Lets do it!

:D

PS No CNN questions once again afaik

Perez had my vote for VP way back when, he's got mine for DNC chair. I look forward to people pretending Perez is an establishment shill for reasons other than receiving the blessing of a certain senator.

Just so I'm 100% clear are "purity tests" about weeding out Democrats who are aiding Republicans or about weeding out Democrats who are aiding "Big Business"?

When I complain about purity tests, I'm complaining specifically about the Bernie Bros that think the Democrats should focus on being a hard left in economics. It's stupid because we NEED blue dogs to win back congress.

Wanting to put pressure on Democrats to be in full opposition to Trump is different. If the Justice Democrats were about that instead of mostly being about attacking Democrats for. It being left enough, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

VA is not a blue state, holy fucking shit.

It wasn't before, but it absolutely is now. Virginia is now so blue that Trump couldn't even win it in the Red Rural Wave of 2016.

Anything that Trump failed to win in 2016 is blue.

It's two Dems in R+35 states and Warner, King, and Coons.

That's not too many. Three people need to get on board though.
Still, I'm pretty righteously unimpressed. The R state guys are whatever, but the other three are more than the Republicans lost on most any of their votes in the past 8 years.

kess

When I complain about purity tests, I'm complaining specifically about the Bernie Bros that think the Democrats should focus on being a hard left in economics. It's stupid because we NEED blue dogs to win back congress.

Wanting to put pressure on Democrats to be in full opposition to Trump is different. If the Justice Democrats were about that instead of mostly being about attacking Democrats for. It being left enough, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

Voting for Tillerson isn't going make Republicans vote for a Democrat. At least, not the sane ones.

It's a lose-lose for everyone but Angus.

Paches

Working in a public school district, this one is extremely important to me. Hope they can find another Republican to flip.

Voting for Tillerson isn't going make Republicans vote for a Democrat. At least, not the sane ones.

It's a lose-lose for everyone but Angus.

Reread my post. I'm agreeing with calling out those that voted for Tillerson.

But when it's shit like complaining about votes for Mattis and Kelly, that's when it's stupid.

Since 2002 virginia has seen 4 years under a republican governor.
Kaine's seat has been occupied by a democrat since 2007
Warner's seat has been held by him since 2009
In presidential elections, Virginia went red in 00 and 04, and blue ever since.

So yeah, it is a mostly blue state.

couldn't find confirmation that warner wont seek reelection tho
---
In October 2014, Warner was implicated in a federal investigation of the 2014 resignation of Virginia State Senator Phillip Puckett, a Democrat. He is alleged to have "discussed the possibility of several jobs, including a federal judgeship, for the senator's daughter in an effort to dissuade him from quitting the evenly divided state Senate."[62] A Warner spokesman acknowledged that the conversation occurred, but said Warner made no "explicit" job offer[63] and that he and Puckett were simply "brainstorming".[64]
hrm. welp.

SexyFish

Banned
Where he is going?

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Trump has left the White House on Marine One on an unannounced trip, White House has not disclosed destination
https://twitter.com/joshledermanAP/status/826886877378650114

He's probably meeting with a Colonel.

Colonel Sanders.

cinnamon-hitler-0-600.jpg

Chumley

Banned
For the love of god Dems

GET ONE MORE TO GO AGAINST DeVos

just one

She is the most fucking disastrous pick on this cabinet in my opinion

Anyone who lives in a red state please make some phone calls

Sessions voted for Tillerson so there's no reason to think he won't.

Oh, you're right. I saw the final vote was only 99 and assumed it was Sessions like other nominees. It was McConnell who just voted Present.

edit: wait wrong vote, that was McConnell's wife for obvious reasons

Dierce

It saddens me to say this but unless there is an economic collapse most people will go along with this fascism from orange mother fucker and his nazis.

kirblar

If Donnelly, Sherrod, Baldwin, Casey, Kaine, Shaheen, Hassan, Klobuchar, and Franken can vote against Tillerson, so can Warner.
Go look up how much Warner won by in his last re-election.

edit: I'll do it for everyone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Virginia,_2014
Although Warner had been consistently leading Gillespie by double-digit margins in polls before October, Gillespie nearly upset Warner on Election Day, losing by a margin of just 0.8% and 17,723 votes. Gillespie conceded the race on November 7, 2014.[1]

SexyFish

Banned
For the love of god Dems

GET ONE MORE TO GO AGAINST DeVos

just one

She is the most fucking disastrous pick on this cabinet in my opinion

Anyone who lives in a red state please make some phone calls

Been calling my Senators for Tennessee. Lines have been busy.

He won reelection in a Republican wave and isn't up until 2020, where he can ride his state's blue trend to win.

He has no excuse.

Alternatively, maybe he would benefit in the future by not being a diet Republican.

see:
In October 2014, Warner was implicated in a federal investigation of the 2014 resignation of Virginia State Senator Phillip Puckett, a Democrat. He is alleged to have "discussed the possibility of several jobs, including a federal judgeship, for the senator's daughter in an effort to dissuade him from quitting the evenly divided state Senate."[62] A Warner spokesman acknowledged that the conversation occurred, but said Warner made no "explicit" job offer[63] and that he and Puckett were simply "brainstorming".[64]

this blows up ONE MONTH before the election and he still took it.

Is a blue state, fam.

President is basically free to a large array of military actions without congressional approval. Last time we declared war is WWII.

Now, there is the War Powers Act, which is meant to give Congress the ability to override the president's abilities to a degree, but it's never been tested constitutionally. I just imagine trump would ignore it anyway.

That is some scary shit. I can see him going after Iran chasing after nothing evidence (I have no confidence that he won't chase after something that isn't there i.e. Obama birth certificiate). China will be a war of tempers - the scary thing is I don't know if Trump knows how to stop so that escalation will take time at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom