• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
If last week was any indication today or tomorrow Trump will do something stupid. It is the Sabbath tomorrow.

If was convinced that Kushner actually was a moderating influence on Trump (I'm not remotely sold on the idea), I would be spending all of my time convincing Kushner that God isn't real.

And my first line of evidence would be the last two weeks.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
If was convinced that Kushner actually was a moderating influence on Trump (I'm not remotely sold on the idea), I would be spending all of my time convincing Kushner that God isn't real.

And my first line of evidence would be the last two weeks.

Reports did say he was pissed about the ban and Bannon waited for a reason to do it.

Over 100,000 visas have been revoked since Trumps order

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/827564177732538372

That is just horrific

Thought it was just 100. Fucking pricks.

Dennis Hastert is suing to try to get the hush money back from one of the boys he raped.

This man was the third most important person in the United States' government for 8 years.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Crazy how Trump's comment to the CIA "we couldn't take Iraq's oil but maybe we'll get another chance" didn't get more press. Like wtf, not only is it insulting to the CIA, as if they were a pirate crew, but what message does it send to Iraq? Plus no country can associate themselves with the US under that light.

Yet bo drama from the press or foreign governments, not even Iraq's.

Ogodei

Crazy how Trump's comment to the CIA "we couldn't take Iraq's oil but maybe we'll get another chance" didn't get more press. Like wtf, not only is it insulting to the CIA, as if they were a pirate crew, but what message does it send to Iraq? Plus no country can associate themselves with the US under that light.

Rumor is Iraq is furious over all of this, but being sane, they're focusing on finishing the fight in Mosul first.

After ISIS is denuded of strength, i'd expect a ban on US military presence in the country will come in a flash.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

He said it twice not even once. So much shit goes on people jump to the next thing.

Adam Mckay liked my tweet that is off topic but pretty cool.

It's been real Cuba.

WH @PressSec says administration conducting "full review" of US policy toward Cuba

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/827573477125259265

They won't change shit. As soon as Cuban money started flowing to US businesses, it was a done deal.

Plus the possibilities of American developers that Trump is buddy-buddy with being able to go down there and build hotels. Hell, I'm sure the Trump Org itself will be building some sort of gold eyesore of a hotel down there.

Pixieking

Banned
They won't change shit. As soon as Cuban money started flowing to US businesses, it was a done deal.

Yeah, pushback from businesses will ensure they don't rollback.

Also, "the CFPB is unconstitutional but we're gonna double-check if US citizens can legally go to Cuba" is a weird couple of messages to send out one-after-another.

trembli0s

Spicer just called theCFPB unconstitutional

Also two executive orders today on financials

More of these fake ass Skype questions

To be fair, a Federal Court DID declare the CFPB was unconstitutional as currently constituted. https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/10/court-rules-consumer-financial-protection-bureaus-structure-is-unconstitutional/503660/

On Tuesday, a Washington, D.C. circuit court found the structure of the CFPB to be unconstitutional. More specifically, the court took issue with the inability for other arms of the government to review or rebuke the Bureau’s judgements or actions and the unilateral power imbued in the CFPB’s director—currently Richard Cordray.

bgbball31

Yeah, that comment was cringeworthy. I swear I heard some mumbling from the room as well, but that may have just been me imagining all of their thoughts. As if everyone in that room cried out with one voice.

As I said yesterday I really don't get it. Iran and Russia are bffs. Something had to be said in that phone call with Putin last week. The test happened and the failed raid happened.

Russia and Iran might be bffs, but that doesn't mean Putin wants Trump to ally with Iran. Putting sanctions on Iran can help Russia, particular re: oil prices.

As I said yesterday I really don't get it. Iran and Russia are bffs. Something had to be said in that phone call with Putin last week. The test happened and the failed raid happened.

As people in China would be glad to tell anyone, never trust Russia as an ally.

Ever.

(Trump has somehow not figured out that Russia betraying Iran suggests that Russia will betray him in the future because Russia betrays all of their allies)

It's kind of remarkable that Russia still has allies considering how bad their history is with staying true with their allies tbh. Sucker's born every minute I guess.

Wilsongt

As people in China would be glad to tell anyone, never trust Russia as an ally.

Ever.

(Trump has somehow not figured out that Russia betraying Iran suggests that Russia will betray him in the future because Russia betrays all of their allies)

Russia is sure as hell to "betray" Trump, as if you can ever called Russia an ally enough to consider them betraying a tool. And as soon as they do, I'm seriously frightening of what that soggy pumpkin will do when Putin laughs in his face and says "You really thought we were friends?"

Where do you guys stand with Musk's connection to Trump's administration?

At first i was actually relieved that there would be somebody close to the president that actually believes in climate change and could hopefully make some good out of this horrible situation.

But now i am not so sure. Just read this Gizmodo article that makes fun and criticizes Musk for not making any kind of statement for all the crazy policies against immigration that Trump is enacting when he himself is an immigrant.

Sad!

Here's Elon Musk Giving Donald Trump a Stern Talking to About the Muslim Ban
http://gizmodo.com/heres-elon-musk-...source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Musk is probably scared that Trump will destroy his business as revenge. He would only drop out if the threat to his business was greater than the potential personal gain from being connected to him

Here's Musk pondering the effects of Donald Trump's policies on America:

watchmen-dr--manhattan-hd-wallpapers-184238.jpg

I'm arguing with a state legislator on Facebook about the Electoral College, is this a bad idea y/n?

Oh lol he's from the town my sister-in-law teaches in, and of course he's a Mormon.

Jon Tester, baby.

(I hope Tester survives)
Montana's probably the closest thing the Democrats could get to another Colorado if a bunch of professionals who like the outdoors live there. Bullock should work on getting weed fully legalized and we can make it a swing state.

Maybe I should move to Missoula when I graduate, it would definitely make my parents happier than Minneapolis or Portland.

Ogodei

Plus the possibilities of American developers that Trump is buddy-buddy with being able to go down there and build hotels. Hell, I'm sure the Trump Org itself will be building some sort of gold eyesore of a hotel down there.

Yup. He went to Cuba illegally in 1986 to broach some deals. He's not going to listen to what a bunch of Cold War hawks and a chunk of Florida voters care about.

Wouldn't be a bad thing, the end of the clout of the anti-Castro brigade, with neither political party caring about their views any more.

Edit: Jon Tester's biggest problem would've been if Ryan Zinke hadn't been poached for the Executive branch by Trump. Now that Zinke's out of the picture, there are few Montana Republicans with the clout to really challenge Tester, and 2018 is looking less and less likely to be a good year for the GOP with each passing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom