• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Obama played 300 rounds of golf.

https://twitter.com/AlabedBana/status/825431016730931201

Hi @realdonaldtrump my friend Gabriela just sent me this. Your #MuslimBan will not stop us from meeting. Bye

C3SFDttXAAAe395.jpg:large

I understand conjob now. She has a window that can see into an alternate universe. In that alternate universe, Trump had a huge audience. And there was a massacre in bowling green. I also now understand alternative facts.

Lol same let's work together shit when Republicans obstructed everything for 8 years. I'll imagine myself in the shoes of a billionaire that's trying to fight for deregulation to make myself richer or should I imagine myself as Joe Bob in coal country that watches the propaganda channel Fox News and thinks Hispanics that don't even live in my small town took my job?

Wilsongt

DeVos confirmation on Monday or Tuesday is looking likely. Still, she's lobbying the repubs in congress to ensure they vote for her.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/polit...ying-senators0746PMVODtopLink&linkId=34106631

I'm really disappointed by this, was hoping at least 1 more would break. Though on the upside, protests will increase exponentially with her in office. She's going to cripple public education, and that's a serious cause for concern.

Between fucking Jerry Falwell Jr having a possible say in higher ed and this moron, education is going to be even more fucked in the US.

DeVos confirmation on Monday or Tuesday is looking likely. Still, she's lobbying the repubs in congress to ensure they vote for her.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/polit...ying-senators0746PMVODtopLink&linkId=34106631

I'm really disappointed by this, was hoping at least 1 more would break. Though on the upside, protests will increase exponentially with her in office. She's going to cripple public education, and that's a serious cause for concern.

It was never about just needing "one more". The Republicans likely had a closed doors meeting where they tallied the votes, and whoever was pissed the most got to say "no" as long as the Republicans had the votes they needed (50 + the VP). They're all in a blood pact stemming from 2010 and sealed by Trump. While I can't wait to see the pact dissolve spectacularly, it won't happen for the Department of Education.

Teggy

Dave Weigel ‏@daveweigel

Dave Weigel
The left's humbling of the Clintons was like that part of FFII when you beat Zemus and he turns into Zeromus

jim b
‏@jimboch02

@daveweigel /pushes glasses entirely up face

i believe you mean IV, Dave.

Dave Weigel ‏@daveweigel

Sorry, I'm an AMERICAN, but enjoy your Super Famicon, commie

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Let me give you a word of the philosophy of reform. The whole history of the progress of human liberty shows that all concessions yet made to her august claims have been born of earnest struggle. The conflict has been exciting, agitating, all-absorbing, and for the time being, putting all other tumults to silence. It must do this or it does nothing. If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both.

miss you pigeon

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/border-wall-republicans/

Hill Republicans revolt over Trump's plan to build border wall

Sen. John Cornyn, the No. 2 Senate Republican who represents the border state of Texas, was deeply skeptical about whether a wall alone would be enough to deter immigrants from entering the country illegally. And he issued a stark warning to Trump.
"I have concerns about spending un-offset money, which adds to the debt, period," Cornyn said bluntly when asked about the wall. "I don't think we're just going to be able to solve border security with a physical barrier because people can come under, around it and through it."

They'll still vote for it

Wait Mondale endorsed Ellison? I knew Ellison was the right pick.

Though I've been thinking, if Perez does get the DNC chair I think Ellison should start getting groomed to replace Pelosi, I think he's one of the best figures we can have for leadership right now.

Any nominee from Trump will be horrible, and not that I wouldn't want to see Trump's unhinged rage if he were denied his nominee; but I think you're right that DeVos as a symbol to rally against could be quite valuable over the next four years.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You would understand why I was repeatedly stabbing you if you could just spend a second in my shoes.

I mean, devil's advocate, yeah you would understand why somebody was stabbing you if you could get into their mind.

I don't agree with the general message of that tweet, but there is always useful information to be gained by understanding the mentality of your opposition, even if you don't give it any credence at all.

GuyKazama

he did last week too

Trump as president is only M-F

Trump Schedule Saturday, Jan 28:

9:00 am || Speaks with the Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzō Abe
11:00 am || Speaks with the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel
Noon || Speaks with the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin
2:00 pm || Speaks with the President of France, François Hollande
3:00 pm || Signs Executive Orders
5:00 pm || Speaks with the Prime Minister of Australia, Malcolm Turnbull

Trump Schedule Sunday, Jan 29:

1:30 pm || Speaks with the King of Saudi Arabia, Salman bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud
2:00 pm || Speaks with Crown Prince of the United Arab Emirates, Mohammed bin Zayed
7:00 pm || Speaks with the Acting President of South Korea, Hwang Kyo-Ahn

The libertarians and liberals who think that Trump could exploit an international crisis to seize more power make me roll my eyes.

Dude has no presence when there's a crisis, he just starts freaking out and screaming and congratulating himself. Trump got less popular after the Orlando shooting because he was acting so bizarre during the time period.

Trump is not Stalin or Hitler, he's Maduro: A clown no one really respects.

UPDATE ON STATE SENATOR ARGUMENT: we've moved on from arguing about the EC to whether or not the US government is a genius masterpiece of design that is hardier and more successful than those sissy parliamentary democracies.

C3xPYa5XUAAgijU.jpg

RIP CNN, Trump is about to unleash his beautiful Twitter.
Carter's are so high and Reagan's are so low, huh. Reagan's are basically "everyone who voted for me" which is pretty interesting given his status as conservative Jesus now. I guess it goes to show how the Overton Window changes!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is a Fox News tier graph tbh, but the sentiment still holds.

"Axes must start a 0"-purists are the worst. You may as well just vote Trump and be done with your villainy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom