• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not particularly comforting to know Trump can be so easily swayed on short notice by a plea from a family member. That should scare the hell out of people. I'm starting to think all the leaks from the WH are deliberate in an attempt to make this look more like a reality show--Even the "bad" ones. Everyone loves drama, plus I'm uncertain if Trump believes in "bad publicity" since it was never bad for him during the election. Wouldn't surprise me, at least.
so they're doing it tomorrow then?
iunderstoodthatreference.gif

kirblar

Not particularly comforting to know Trump can be so easily swayed on short notice by a plea from a family member. That should scare the hell out of people. I'm starting to think all the leaks from the WH are deliberate in an attempt to make this look more like a reality show--Even the "bad" ones. Everyone loves drama, plus I'm uncertain if Trump believes in "bad publicity" since it was never bad for him during the election. Wouldn't surprise me, at least. Nice.
Trump is like idiot players on Survivor/Big Brother, he goes with whoever got to talk to him last.

Holmes

Tammy's not really popular or unpopular, just kind of in the middle. Walker's unpopular, and if 2018 is an anti-Republican midterm like history suggests it might be, she can win a comfortable mid to high single digit victory. She can seal the deal, unlike Feingold.

iammeiam

Apparently Ivanka and Jared Kushner are the ones that prevented Trump from signing the EO rolling back gay rights http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-lgbt-order-234617

I sort of fall into this rabbit hole of wondering how much influence Ivanka has and if it was starting to sink in that the sheer volume of terrible in Trump's first two weeks was going to tarnish her public reputation as the classy, caring Trump.

Good for them if they stopped it, but they still helped put him in power and still get the blame for the other shit he's doing.

brian_stelter.jpg

I can't believe the GOP hasn't found a neocon other than the guy who was involved in Iran-Contra.

Like, they keep going to Abrams... He doesn't have unique views! Hire someone that isn't covered in scandal, it will look better for you!

Seattle voted to divest from Wells Fargo over their financing of the DAPL (and other business shenanigans).
Kshama Sawant stays winning.

p.s.
I know I sound like a broken record, but now is the time to get involved on the local level, there is a ton that can be achieved there, especially if you live in a blue state (but not only).
I'd love to, but every time my local government considers doing something vaguely progressive the state legislature passes a law to preemptively ban it :(

Michelle would sound hella hyprocritical if she decided to run in 2020, the number of times she's said she has no interest in political office already. Not that I would be opposed to it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Michelle would sound hella hyprocritical if she decided to run in 2020, the number of times she's said she has no interest in political office already. Not that I would be opposed to it.
Nobody cares when politicians are hyppcritical.

Also she will never run.

i wasnt aware he even had a "fake" blind trust. is that different than his sons just running it?

A real blind trust would be Trump selling all of his assets and ending the Trump brand and then investing the assets in a trust that neither he nor any of his associates could touch or see for the next four to eight years.

A fake blind trust is when Trump just has his sons run the business.

An even faker blind trust is when Trump can retake control of the business at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom