• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828024835670413312

pEwiWa7.png

Why is he asking us these questions?

Is he talking about the decision that just didn't extend the previous more limited stay?

tuxfool

Banned
story on cnn just now: An Iraqi couple was thankful to the US for paying for their son's medical costs for his burned face. He was born one day after the presidential election. They gave him the first name Trump to express their gratitude.

Their visas were revoked

story on cnn just now: An Iraqi couple was thankful to the US for paying for their son's medical costs for his burned face. He was born one day after the presidential election. They gave him the first name Trump to express their gratitude.

Their visas were revoked

Why would you even call him that? How disgraceful can you be

Chumley

Banned

Their visas were revoked

Of course tragic about their visa's but naming their son Trump is something I literally can't comprehend.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Their visas were revoked
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/health/iraqi-refugee-dilbireen-profile/index.html

Like, I don't understand what kind of logic led them to credit Trump for any part of their first son's treatment. I can't get past that.

That says nothing about him being named after him btw (not that you said that)

Flosa gave birth to their second child on November 9. When it came time to name their new son, the family thought of the country caring for their first baby boy.
"America is helping us to do surgery on our boy," Ajeel said in an interview from Iraq. His comments were translated from Kurdish. "We want to show our appreciation to America for what they are doing for our boy."
They named the newborn Trump.
It was their second son, not the one that needed surgery. Pardon me for paraphrasing earlier from what I watched.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It was their second son, not the one that needed surgery. Pardon me for paraphrasing earlier from what I watched.
Ahhh. And I didn't read further than the burned boy's name because I didn't know there was a second son. Also it didn't didn't strike me as odd that he was two AND named after the election. so I might just be am fuvking stupid lol 😂

H.R.861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

This was introduced to the House of Representatives on Friday and nobody reported on it.

Sponsored by Rep. Matt Gaetz R-FL

Cosponsored by Rep. Thomas Massie R-KY, Rep. Steven Palazzo R-MS, and Rep. Barry Loudermilk R-GA

isn't that in violation of pretty much every international treaty on environmental pollution?

Also, any company thinking they're going to profit from it would be mistaken about how this will work in PR. The same way that any oil company or logging company that goes after US national parks is a dead man walking.
Unless they think we're going to support them for being actually anti-Earth on pretty much everything? At this point they're the equivalent of the 1930's ice trade industry anyway (spoilers: it died), how would such malevolence work for them?

Honestly, the whole 'let's survive by suppressing knowledge of global warming' instead of changing company direction is just completely staggeringly incompetent anyway.

kess

Their visas were revoked

That sounds like a Bloom County joke

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
lol that's the argument they're going with? I thought they would be arguing over which immigration act applies or something

its a coup by the justice department. they make the weakest arguments while making them sound like something Trump would like to hear

everyone gets what they want

Wilford Brimley 2020!

I give it even odds in the house. Filibustered in senate (until its nuked lol)

Bills like this are why I keep mentioning that we should be filibustering everything! Mitch can't nuke it because when the insanity of the House gets to the Senate, he needs Dems to be rational actors and block this stuff (which we should if we have the filibuster). Filibuster everything. If he nukes it, then he himself has to send some GOP senators to die by voting no on this stuff, and then they get primaried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom