• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many times when Trump is informed, but just lying, but with health care, I legitimately think he believes the "lines around the states" and drug prices are the cause of 90% of health care costs in the United States.

Honestly, I'm getting irritated at how much focus the russia issue is getting. It's been almost nothing but that ever since the election.

Whatever happened to learning the lesson of caring about the concerns of real people, instead being stuck in the elitist bubble caring about things of little consequence in the long run. Russia isn't going to take away insurance from 20 million people. The final repeal vote takes place a week from friday, so I hope we can switch our full attention to that by then.

I know the russia thing shouldn't be totally ignored, but it's still all conjecture at this point. The stage is properly set for continuing that line of attack if more comes out about it, but as far as we know this could easily be the end of the road on this subject. By all means do as many investigations as you can to get to the truth on this, and be critical of Trump's actions regarding russia, but until then I don't want to see this become democrat's benghazi, spending all our time hoping for a smoking gun that doesn't exist.

Consider watching part of the future forum that the DNC held yesterday

NeoXChaos

The history books are going to be something else. I wonder how brazen they gonna be in writing that Obama's predecessor questioned his birth certificate. Maybe they omit it as it never happening. I wonder how they will write his campaign? Obama will always be stuck with having Trump appear next to him in photos on the lineup.

Trump will be remembered and have a library. The ultimate ego trip dream of his to never be forgotten in American History.

The history books are going to be something else. I wonder how brazen they gonna be in writing that Obama's predecessor questioned his birth certificate. Maybe they omit it as it never happening. I wonder how they will write his campaign? Obama will always be stuck with having Trump appear next to him in photos on the lineup.

Trump will be remembered and have a library. The ultimate ego trip dream of his to never be forgotten in American History.

Well I mean doesn't Texas still produce most of the US' textbooks?

That'll tell you.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The implications of our president being a Russian puppet are potentially far greater than people having their healthcare situation reset to pre-ACA. And I'm one of the ones that could lose my health insurance with a chronic condition.

If true. Problem is we don't know that it's true, while we do know republicans fully intend to repeal the ACA in these next 2 weeks.

Yesterday was about Trump being a hardcore racist.

I mean, Trump wanting to dismantle NATO is probably the most dangerous idea proposed by a major head of state since 1970? So... it's pretty reasonable to spend a lot of time today talking about Trump wanting to dismantle NATO since he talked about that today.

Besides, we had pro-Obamacare rallies everywhere today.

I don't think Feinstein and Manchin even mentioned Lewis in their interviews today. McDonough asked trump to reach out to Lewis, and Sanders was the one to call Trump a racist outright for it, though not in much detail.

Activists are doing great, but their jobs aren't done until the issue gets the attention it deserves.

NATO is a new thing, and I do want to see more talk about it, but I hope it's in a context of it being really bad if NATO gets weakened, and not in the context of using it as more proof of the russia theory. The Russia theory needs to provide ammo to attack Trump on NATO, not the other way around.

That link is starting from the begining of the video. Which part are you talking about?

That link is starting from the begining of the video. Which part are you talking about?

Any part of it, really. You seem to be bothered by Democrats focusing on the Russia issue, so I thought it would be good to see what party leaders are talking about in terms of future strategy. About 3 hours and 40 minutes in, there's a table discussion including Pete Buttigieg, who entered the race for DNC chair recently. I think he's very interesting to look out for.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Don't forget, Disney is preparing the Donald Trump animatronic for the Hall of Presidents.

Trump is going to be right in the middle of all those other figures. I wonder which quotes they'll choose for him. Maybe he'll talk about making Disneyland great again. Perhaps he'll be wearing a MAGA hat.

Just rename affordable care act into freedom care act. Trump supporters won't know the difference anyway. Trump tweets obamacare repealed. Media: Obamacare not repealed, just renamed. Trump tweets: WRONG. Obamacare was repealed, we fixed the broken parts, dishonest media! Trump supporter: She lost, We made america great again.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Just rename affordable care act into freedom care act. Trump supporters won't know the difference anyway. Trump tweets obamacare repealed. Media: Obamacare not repealed, just renamed. Trump tweets: WRONG. Obamacare was repealed, we fixed the broken parts, dishonest media! Trump supporter: She lost, We made america great again.

I've *been* saying this. Trumpites wouldn't know the difference.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
*describes single-payer*

"I don't want single payer"

We're getting quantum healthcare where you will be both covered and uninsured at the same time.

Technically, you don't have to have single payer to cover everyone. You can still do such a thing with a system that say, requires an individual mandate...

The implications of our president being a Russian puppet are potentially far greater than people having their healthcare situation reset to pre-ACA. And I'm one of the ones that could lose my health insurance with a chronic condition.
SNL Trump put it best: "honey I'm gonna be president in a week.... We're all gonna die"

mo60

Was this posted here yet?
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/01/15/world/europe/ap-eu-russia-waiting-for-trump.html

The Kremlin is really eager for trump to become president.

The spokesperson for the Russian Foreign Ministry also really hates Obama.

Excerpt from the article.

Zakharova charged that "Obama and his illiterate foreign policy team have dealt a crushing blow to America's prestige and leadership" and described his administration as "a bunch of geopolitical losers, enraged and shortsighted."

Obama's administration still has a few days left to "destroy the world," Zakharova wrote.

Was this posted here yet?
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/01/15/world/europe/ap-eu-russia-waiting-for-trump.html

The Kremlin is really eager for trump to become president.

The spokesperson for the Russian Foreign Ministry also really hates Obama.

Excerpt from the article.

Zakharova charged that "Obama and his illiterate foreign policy team have dealt a crushing blow to America's prestige and leadership" and described his administration as "a bunch of geopolitical losers, enraged and shortsighted."

Obama's administration still has a few days left to "destroy the world," Zakharova wrote.

Destroy the world, save the world, what's the difference to Russia?

zou

RIP in Peace Lithuania and Estonia.

I wonder if the German army is actually strong enough to protect those countries from the Russian forces at this point.

C2Pq0tmWgAE0vI0.jpg

Trump's fucking dumbass son-in-law to bring peace to Middle East according to Trump.

Germany wouldn't be able to defend themselves, their armed forces are a joke. They had to ground half their tornados due to "loose screws" during the campaign against Syria. Their army had to use painted broomsticks during a Join NATO Task Force exercise. The TF also lacks pistols and machine guns and only 20% are equipped with the required night vision gear.

mo60

Destroy the world, save the world, what's the difference to Russia?

I have a feeling the current Russia administration actually has a grudge against the current US administration because of the sanctions against them and because Putin thought that hilary clinton influenced the 2011 parliamentary elections there. There's no other reasons to explain why they all of the sudden since trump's win they have been openly just bashing the current administration and eager for them to leave. I'm curious what dmitri thinks about this whole thing right now because even though he may be close to putin he may not be super happy about Russia's influence on the recent US election.

Teggy

I think I mentioned that my wife has been rewatching all of the West Wing recently. It's on all the time so I've been picking up the story here and there.

In the last season the presidential race is between a Latino democrat and a pro-choice republican. The democrat wins Texas and the Republican wins California. It's like bad fanfic.

Ogodei

Xi does seem to be bucking party orthodoxy, which was previously built around making sure that everyone had their turn and then stepped down, to avoid the joint tendencies of Asian societies and Marxist-Leninist systems to become gerontocracies where all the senior leaders are over 70. I think i read somewhere that Xi had knocked out some of the mandatory retirement rules.

The thing to watch there is if he moves against the party rank-and-file in a big way, that's how you accumulate personal power in a Marxist-Leninist system where power is localized in the party apparatus and not necessarily in its leadership.

Trump almost gave away classified information to a tabloid today.

“I have just looked at something … Oh, I should not show you it at all, because it’s secret - but I have just taken a look at Afghanistan. If you look at the Taliban there, they’re just getting bigger and bigger and bigger every year. And you ask yourself ‘what’s going on there?’”

Fuck me.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/15/angela-merkel-refugees-policy-donald-trump

I think I mentioned that my wife has been rewatching all of the West Wing recently. It's on all the time so I've been picking up the story here and there.

In the last season the presidential race is between a Latino democrat and a pro-choice republican. The democrat wins Texas and the Republican wins California. It's like bad fanfic.

How do you not mention the worst part of that plotline.

The Russia and China start a fucking ground war over fucking Kazakhstan's oil rights and then the current president decides that now (like three weeks prior to the election) is a good time to send 150k American troops to Kazakhstan to

1. Fight Russia forces
2. Fight Chinese forces
3. Overthrow the current Kazakhstan government (this is actually unclear but seems implied based on 4)
4. Occupy Kazakhstan for maybe decades

It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen. A three way WW3 over fucking Kazakhstan's oil rights.

My favorite singular moment from that fucking Kazakhstan plotline was when that had to show the president as super "smart" for some reason so they have the general be a total dumbfuck who doesn't know that Kazakhstan is cold.

Motherfucking Mr. President, if your general doesn't know Kazakhstan is cold, we're not winning WW3 with this dude and you shouldn't go into a WW3 then.

BREAKING: Prosecutors request arrest of Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong as bribery suspect in South Korea influence-peddling scandal.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/820856459223244801

Note: If you're going to rob your country, have it be through a politician who isn't under the control of a cult leader.

Teggy

My favorite singular moment from that fucking Kazakhstan plotline was when that had to show the president as super "smart" for some reason so they have the general be a total dumbfuck who doesn't know that Kazakhstan is cold.

Motherfucking Mr. President, if your general doesn't know Kazakhstan is cold, we're not winning WW3 with this dude and you shouldn't go into a WW3 then.

Yeah, I didn't pick up on everything because I've been sometimes been playing games or out of the room, but I saw that part. He asked what kind of jackets the soldiers would be wearing.

I didn't make it that far, it became too much when it turned into "Gore lost to Bush because he didn't act as smart as he was". Apparently a Democrat sweeping the Plains States in 2000 was just one good debate away.

Pixieking

Banned
”I have just looked at something ... Oh, I should not show you it at all, because it's secret - but I have just taken a look at Afghanistan. If you look at the Taliban there, they're just getting bigger and bigger and bigger every year. And you ask yourself ‘what's going on there?'"

This should be held-up in classes from Elementary/Primary school on, as a reason why you should sit down, shut up and listen to what the teacher says. What a grotesquely ignorant comment.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I just saw Too Big To Fail yesterday. Pretty great movie. I find the whole financial crisis and the lead up to it incredibly fascinating. The movie painted Paulson in a fairly sympathetic light, as a guy who was a lifelong free market advocate who had to question his beliefs and come to the realization that he had to use the power of government to intervene.

Guy was still probably a dick, but made for a good movie.

Teggy

Still stinging from the Dallas loss, but if the Super Bowl could be Atlanta, representing John Lewis beating either of Trump's buddies Brady/Roethlisberger, that would be cool I guess.

We should keep the sanctions on russia until they formally admit their interference in our affairs, apologize, and pay us some ridiculous amount. Russia sucks, corrupt wasteland of shit cuisine and government sponsored oligarchy

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Trump almost gave away classified information to a tabloid today.
”I have just looked at something ... Oh, I should not show you it at all, because it's secret - but I have just taken a look at Afghanistan. If you look at the Taliban there, they're just getting bigger and bigger and bigger every year. And you ask yourself ‘what's going on there?'"

Fuck me.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/15/angela-merkel-refugees-policy-donald-trump
He should ask his buddy Putin about that shit.

Pixieking

Banned
The QI Elves Verified account
‏@qikipedia

Word of the day: QUOCKERWODGER (19th century) – a politician who has his or her strings pulled by a third party, who behaves likes a puppet

Any chance we can get #TrumpQUOCKERWODGER trending on Twitter and Facebook?

I know they had a senate confirmation for Mattis, but did Ben Carson and Sessions got accepted yet? If no, what date is there and the other Trumps Senate confirmation/voting session?

Technically, you don't have to have single payer to cover everyone. You can still do such a thing with a system that say, requires an individual mandate...

Sure you could but why? Dozens of countries provide universal health care and the approaches to coverage for everyone aren't limited to single payer and Obamacare. If everyone who didn't want single payer had to be Obamacare then the world would be in bad shape.

Chumly

I posted this in the trump healthcare for all thread but wanted to see what people thought here.

I just watched a painful video on CNN about "doctors" that don't like Obamacare. I keep hearing this stupid fucking argument of putting healthcare back with the patient and doctor. What the fuck does that even mean. Republicans and their supporters don't even bother to support or explain it. How is repealing Obamacare going to put the decisions back with doctors and patients. Do they mean that since nobody has insurance they will be able to do whatever they want? That 500 dollars you put in your HSA will get you a choice of whatever emergentcare clinic you want? I wish "reporters" would actually fucking push people on this. Because prior to the ACA the decisions were definitely not between the doctor and the patient

Seriously what the hell does put the decisions back to the doctor and patient mean for the average consumer

I posted this in the trump healthcare for all thread but wanted to see what people thought here.

I just watched a painful video on CNN about "doctors" that don't like Obamacare. I keep hearing this stupid fucking argument of putting healthcare back with the patient and doctor. What the fuck does that even mean. Republicans and their supporters don't even bother to support or explain it. How is repealing Obamacare going to put the decisions back with doctors and patients. Do they mean that since nobody has insurance they will be able to do whatever they want? That 500 dollars you put in your HSA will get you a choice of whatever emergentcare clinic you want? I wish "reporters" would actually fucking push people on this. Because prior to the ACA the decisions were definitely not between the doctor and the patient

Seriously what the hell does put the decisions back to the doctor and patient mean for the average consumer

Wheeling and dealing with your doctor about your gallbladder surgery like it was a new car

I wish Democrats got more aggressive on this John Lewis crap. Someone should go on TV and say "let me put this in terms Donald Trump can understand... You punched president Obama's legacy for years on a racist lie. We're just counter punching."

Trying to point out the hypocrisy just makes them double down on it

I have a feeling the current Russia administration actually has a grudge against the current US administration because of the sanctions against them and because Putin thought that hilary clinton influenced the 2011 parliamentary elections there. There's no other reasons to explain why they all of the sudden since trump's win they have been openly just bashing the current administration and eager for them to leave. I'm curious what dmitri thinks about this whole thing right now because even though he may be close to putin he may not be super happy about Russia's influence on the recent US election.

after putin's and russia's initial rapprochement in the late 90s early 2000s, they've had a grudge against the US and the West in particular since about 2004. from the iraq war, to britian and blair refusing to extradite some political prisoners, to the color revolutions, to bush exhorting democracy to russia's neighbors and finally dmitiri being suckered for a fool into deposing Gaddaffi/libya. definitely 2011 didnt help didnt help either.

this is a long running feud. i dont think it matter what dmitiri thinks, he was effectively sidelined in 2012.

dramatis

I wonder what the Russian people think. Is the pursuit of these global ambitions actually going to help the Russian economy? Honestly, I feel like Putin may be making the same mistakes as the Bush Jr administration.

Teggy

I wonder what the Russian people think. Is the pursuit of these global ambitions actually going to help the Russian economy? Honestly, I feel like Putin may be making the same mistakes as the Bush Jr administration.

I don't think Putin cares about anything more than his own power and his friends' pocketbooks. I doubt the Russian people can vote him out at this point, anyway.

aTTckr

Do people who talk about single payer even know what a single payer system actually is? A lot of people hear Trump say he wants everyone covered by health insurance (which implies a mandate) and so many react as if Trump just proposed a single payer system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom