• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
EPN thinking of canceling the meeting.

Bad call, EPN needs to keep the meeting scheduled and then punch Trump to the ground in front of all the cameras and then teabag him.

This is literally the only thing that resurrect EPN's approval ratings.

I wonder what Trump has to do before these "leaders" actually stand up to him. It is a bit odd how he just shits on everyone and they smile and take it.

But that could be abused to disqualify people you don't like from voting. (gasp)

I wonder if they'll take a page from the Stephen Harper playbook and have Republican auto-dialers direct targeted voters to the incorrect polling stations. That happened in Canada in 2011.
Have them show up, vote and then disqualify their votes after the fact because they voted in the wrong place. How amusing that would be.

This reminds me... have there been no efforts by the dems to make voting in rural areas considerably harder? Seems like a bit of an obvious route to take and all.

@jaketapper
.@seanspicer suggests the Trump investigation into voter fraud will focus on "bigger states" such as CA and NY

It's just because he's hurt that he lost the popular vote.

Unreal.

Also, there's a higher-than-50% chance this investigation never happens.

The next time some bullshit GOP elected or right wing conservative blow hard tries to call the dems big government and tyrannical, I want the dems to tell them to STFU.

Backbone should have started long before this though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The next time some bullshit GOP elected or right wing conservative blow hard tries to call the dems big government and tyrannical, I want the dems to tell them to STFU.

Backbone should have started long before this though.

Right on both accounts.

The only positive here is that GOP have completely destroyed their standing as small government supporters.

Right on both accounts.

The only positive here is that GOP have completely destroyed their standing as small government supporters.

Pretty much every single republican administration does that. They always get a pass. The base doesn't care when their team is in power. Same thing happens with government debt.

Hillary went from the most efficient rigger of all time in the primary to someone so stupid that she made sure her vast organization of illegal voting only took place in New York and California?

Sent that illegal voting to Pennsylvania and Arizona and Michigan for christ's sake, Hillary.

Hillary went from the most efficient rigger of all time in the primary to someone so stupid that she made sure her vast organization of illegal voting only took place in New York and California?

Sent that illegal voting to Pennsylvania and Arizona and Michigan for christ's sake, Hillary.
Another failure of neoliberalism.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pretty much every single republican administration does that. They always get a pass. The base doesn't care when their team is in power. Same thing happens with government debt.

Yes, but I have faith it will finally be bad enough that the media and democrats will get their act together and be able.to message it correctly.

Diablos

Dems really just need to spread out like 40,000-60,000 voters from CA and NY across the rust belt in the next 4 years. Pay them ffs

Easier said than done I know

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Dems really just need to spread out like 40,000-60,000 voters from CA and NY across the rust belt in the next 4 years. Pay them ffs

Easier said than done I know

It's almost like letting rural and industrial areas go to shit was a bad idea.

C3B16W8UoAAQs-Z.jpg

Teggy

Virginia GOP will be trying to separate Electoral College votes by gerrymandered districts. You know, just like the founding fathers wanted it.

UberTag

We're never gonna have a free election again. Maybe getting invaded by another country wouldn't be so bad.
The GOP has never had unquestioned power like this before. You think they're going to be willing to give it up without pulling every dirty trick imaginable?
Why would they have respect for a fair election process when they've shown blatant disregard for everything else? And that stuff DOESN'T potentially take their unquestioned power away from them.

Virginia GOP will be trying to separate Electoral College votes by gerrymandered districts. You know, just like the founding fathers wanted it.

The founding fathers wanted the EC to be a check on the stupid masses so the EC hasn't worked like the founders intended ever. Andrew Jackson was elected pretty quickly into America's history even though that was the exact situation where the founders would support overturning the will of the voters.

It won't pass in Virginia, have to worry about Michigan and Wisconsin though.

Chase17

Was curious to see if the potus twitter was used for anything and it is mostly retweets from his own account lol.

Oh well, preparing for the worst next thursday, although I'm sure there will be more bad news before that.

Lucas Tomlinson
‏@LucasFoxNews
BREAKING: 2 Russian Tu-95 nuke-capable bombers fly around Japan Tuesday, causing Japan to scramble jets and NORAD to increase threat posture

Hope Japan has all its bills with the US paid.

Could California threaten to not send federal tax money to Appalachia if Trump takes federal funding to sanctuary cities?

I don't know how this works in the constitution.

Could California threaten to not send federal tax money to Appalachia if Trump takes federal funding to sanctuary cities?

I don't know how this works in the constitution.

At that point they'd probably get invaded by the US military. If blue states didn't cooperate with the federal government (and why would they) then Trump would basically have to invade them to keep the desiccated husk of the middle of the country (and his base) alive.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I haven’t posted much (once on a fly-by?) since the election. Reckoned you guys needed your private coming-to-terms-with-it time without a random Brit chipping in.

I was caught up in the Hillary hype train like everyone else here at the time, and was similarly gutted by the result. My biggest concern is – how is Adam’s mom doing? Actually not my biggest concern, but I really miss Adam’s tales of his Mom.

Brief takeouts from my perspective:
1) Forget all the handwringing over Hillary’s flaws. She wasn’t a bad candidate. We underestimated hugely just how good a candidate Trump was. Could have handled campaign better, check. Could have reached out more, check. That’s all hindsight.
2) Bernie wouldn’t have won either
3) Trump has broken all the rules and got away with it. That means there are no longer any rules. That’s a difficult thing to deal with and a difficult thing to campaign around.
4) It’s not a good tactic, and it’s not true, to accuse all Trump voters of being hateful racists. For perspective, read Dean Koontz. Koontz writes some of the nicest characters in all of fiction, and every single one of his characters would have voted Republican.
5) Hitler comparisons are a bit overdone. Try Maximilien Robespierre instead. A “terribly insecure man” apparently. Not that that is any comfort.

That said, I’m worried. But I’m not going to tread over the minutiae every day. What with this and Brexit, politics has overtaken too much of my life last year and this.

Just remember in places like my home state of Michigan people voted for Trump because of the economy*...

*Spoiler alert: Michigan added 30,000 manufacturing jobs from 2010 to 2015 in the automotive sector and median household income rose from $48,198 in 2010 to $53,628 in 2015. Income per capita in the region grew 13.6 percent since 2010. That number grew 4.2 percent from 2015 to 2016.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/01/automotive_jobs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom