• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
What happens when Garland leaves the court and goes to the FBI and Trump fires him for whatever bullshit two months and gets to have his cake and eat it? I don't know why anybody would even entertain Garland going over there.

He can technically take a leave from the court and also serve as the director of the FBI. The question is if he has the balls to do it, like the Republicans had the balls not to give him a hearing or even vote for him.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
In a couple weeks, we'll have to be careful calling trump the least popular president at this point in presidency, with Clinton and Ford both about to freefall.

At this point in Clinton's presidency, Clinton is a week away from controversially firing 7 travel office employees that dropped his approval to Trump levels for a few weeks.

At this point in Ford's presidency, Ford is not doing a very good job of distancing himself from Watergate and Vietnam, and is now a week away from the announcement of 7.2% unemployment number that will eventually reach 9%, pushing his approval to Trump levels for the next few months.

Wonder how long until someone pulls the "Higher approval than Ford and Clinton" card.

Nafai1123

Banned
In a couple weeks, we'll have to be careful calling trump the least popular president at this point in presidency, with Clinton and Ford both about to freefall.

At this point in Clinton's presidency, Clinton is a week away from controversially firing 7 travel office employees that dropped his approval to Trump levels for a few weeks.

At this point in Ford's presidency, Ford is not doing a very good job of distancing himself from Watergate and Vietnam, and is now a week away from the announcement of 7.2% unemployment number that will eventually reach 9%, pushing his approval to Trump levels for the next few months.

Wonder how long until someone pulls the "Higher approval than Ford and Clinton" card.

Hearing why their approval reached Trump levels makes me so pessimistic and depressed for this country. Like...that's it?

RDreamer

Hearing why their approval reached Trump levels makes me so pessimistic and depressed for this country. Like...that's it?
Trump is graded on a curve relative to his own bullshit. Oh, he's only in a twitter fight with one person and pissed off just two countries this week? Not bad.

Next FBI director news is getting worse. Gowdy or Conryn. Ugh

There's literally nobody Trump could appoint who wouldn't be bad news, honestly. The investigation is going to be permanently tainted unless a special investigator is appointed. I'm okay with it being either of them, especially Conryn. One more seat for us to try and take.

Every option is going to be horrible, but at least with Cornyn there's a chance we can take his seat.

Unless somehow Trump chooses someone independent and actually decent.

Every option is going to be horrible, but at least with Cornyn there's a chance we can take his seat.

Unless somehow Trump chooses someone independent and actually decent.

Even if he did, the constant threat of "loyalty or firing" would be hanging over the whole thing. The independence of the FBI director, no matter who, is no longer assured.

Even if he did, the constant threat of "loyalty or firing" would be hanging over the whole thing. The independence of the FBI director, no matter who, is no longer assured.

So what is Trump gonna do when most of the FBI employees refuse to stop investigating? Is he gonna fire them all?

The Nixon leaks didn't stop when Nixon fired his AG and DAG.

Ogodei

Getting Cornyn out of the Senate would be a coup, especially for as relatively unimportant position as FBI Director (especially since he just knows he's gonna get fired as soon as a Democrat takes over).

So what is Trump gonna do when most of the FBI employees refuse to stop investigating? Is he gonna fire them all?

The Nixon leaks didn't stop when Nixon fired his AG and DAG.

Oh, the investigation will continue as best it can, and the leaks will of course never stop. But the actual, official results will never be trusted unless they result in everybody involved going to jail.

Oh, the investigation will continue as best it can, and the leaks will of course never stop. But the actual, official results will never be trusted unless they result in everybody involved going to jail.

I'm little lazy, so I'm gonna post basically what I posted in the OT thread:

We haven't seen that shit happening with the IC in spite of Trump's best efforts to try and make that happen.

Nixon didn't just go down due to his paranoia, a democratic congress, and a persistent press. Nixon went down because there were a shitload of people in the White House who were not loyal to Nixon and Nixon wouldn't have been able to fire them all.

The White House itself has a shitload of leakers because Trump is not a leader that inspires loyalty.

If Trump was the kind of guy who was good at making friends out of enemies, then I would worry, but so far all that Trump has done is make himself more and more enemies.

Like I am serious when I ask what is Trump gonna do when hundreds of FBI employees refuse to stop investigating this shit.

What is Trump gonna do when he realizes that nearly every high ranking IC member is secretly leaking shit to the press?

What is Trump gonna do when people in his White House that he thought he could trust end up leaking the "Trump White House Tapes"?

C_tq9qHUAAAcKMX.jpg:large

over/under we see trump reference this in a week.

cnn people being worthless as usual:

https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/863401376487010304

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Will be interviewed by @JudgeJeanine on @FoxNews at 9:00 P.M. (Saturday night). Enjoy!
1:54 PM · May 13, 2017
4,407 RETWEETS
19,807 LIKES

That will be something. Jeannie is just about as despicable as Trump.

Blader

I think Matt Yglesias said something similar the other day: doesn't matter who is the next director of the FBI because now we know that job security is contingent on fealty to Trump. Whether it's Garland or Gowdy or Barack Obama in the job, the investigation will now be permanently compromised by the fact that Trump will not accept anyone for FBI director who doesn't pledge loyalty to him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...018e4b00b643ebcb066?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Huffpo article that basically says that the Senate's Trumpcare bill will not be written with transparency in mind. Look for the Senate to pull some similar tricks that the House did to pass whatever their crap bill ends up looking like.

This article is a perfect example of why I'd be fine (but not really fine) with Cornyn getting the FBI gig. I can't stand reading his quotes in these stories. He's quoted on a daily basis and everything he says is always maddening.

over/under we see trump reference this in a week.

cnn people being worthless as usual:

https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/863401376487010304

"The percentage of land area", who gives a fuck? Votes aren't cast by land!

kirblar

I don't understand why CNN hired Cilizza. He was was worthless before and he's even more worthless on CNN.
Kurtz and Cilliza both held the "Media Beat" position at the post and both were complete turds. It attracts a certain sort of person, apparently.

Diablos

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...018e4b00b643ebcb066?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Huffpo article that basically says that the Senate's Trumpcare bill will not be written with transparency in mind. Look for the Senate to pull some similar tricks that the House did to pass whatever their crap bill ends up looking like.
jfc

US healthcare is doomed

Neither of these are new names.
No but there were better names on the shortlist.

GOP just learned they can say anything and get away with anything and still win elections 6 months ago.

We'll see if that extends to nuking their healthcare, though. Polling seems to show that messing with it like they're about to will not be a good idea.

But yeah, GOP can do no wrong so far.

GOP just learned they can say anything and get away with anything and still win elections 6 months ago.

The markets are NOT going to react positively to this healthcare bill considering that it fucks over basically everyone, INCLUDING those under employer based insurance.

I think Matt Yglesias said something similar the other day: doesn't matter who is the next director of the FBI because now we know that job security is contingent on fealty to Trump. Whether it's Garland or Gowdy or Barack Obama in the job, the investigation will now be permanently compromised by the fact that Trump will not accept anyone for FBI director who doesn't pledge loyalty to him.

The good thing is that, like every organization he's ever run, Trump has no interest beyond the top position. The rank and file will just get more rebellious if he fires anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom