• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we got it... The ethics committee firing back and the DOJ going after Flynn's business to get the documents he won't turn over felt like it to me.

Pretty sure that's what we're getting today.

Tomorrow is CBO score time. Oh, and POTUS meets with Pope-tus.

Thursday? Who knows.

But the SC has established businesses are people. I'd love for this to become a case and have Roberts have to decide whether to have the SCOTUS directly impede an investigation into collusion with Russia.
Yeah so I looked into this and while courts have ruled that 5th amendment protections don't extend to corporations, I saw a lawyer argue that with the reasoning used in the Hobby Lobby case, the current Supreme Court could well decide otherwise if a case were to come before them. That would be something if -this- was the situation to bring the issue before the court.

Teggy

Media Matters is trying to get Hannity's advertisers to drop him, that much is true. And good on them! Worked with Oreilly.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Pretty sure that's what we're getting today.

Tomorrow is CBO score time. Oh, and POTUS meets with Pope-tus.

Thursday? Who knows.

as he is meeting with the pope they should leak his obscene orgy tape. They could do a split screen live on NBC as he shakes the Pope's hand and the pissing on the right.

Hannity dropping would be great, with him, O'Reilly and Beck gone there's not really anyone else on Fox News with that same stature among the right wing fanatics.

I mean there's Shep Smith but he's just good in general.

kirblar

Hannity dropping would be great, with him, O'Reilly and Beck gone there's not really anyone else on Fox News with that same stature among the right wing fanatics.

I mean there's Shep Smith but he's just good in general.
Shep just has stature w/ everyone cause he's Shep.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I wouldn't get my feelings hurt over Montana, but I feel like we really need the Ossoff win at this point.

My kingdom for this, I think Quist loses by like three though.

We need to win just to not have to hear the whining about how the DNC didn't give enough money to an "easily winnable" +20 R district and this means we're going to lose in 2018 no matter what.

watch out aaron fish is gunning for your optimism.

I think we lose by 2-5, but even that is a crazy big win. I'm just hoping on a hail mary turnout based on the poor CBO healthcare score

Kusagari

Yeah, Quist is whatever to me. Though obviously we don't want him losing by 10+ or something. But Ossoff losing at this point would just be demoralizing.

kirblar

Man I'm really glad none of you guys are actual political operatives or we'd be fucked.
And I'm not glad you're telling us to stick our heads in the sand and deny reality w/ this know-nothing "we can't know the future" crap.

Box of Kittens' posts have laid out what we know is happening- places that were previously Dem strongholds or highly competitive due to the Organized labor base (aka the Rust Belt) are becoming less and less competitive over time because of economic changes in the region. This is a trend that is not going to reverse itself - its been going on for 4 decades+ at this point. They drop the unions and pick up white supremacy. It's very bad for us.

But not all the new is bad-the places in which Dems are making significant inroads are suburbs! This is where our best pickup opportunities are, because this election accelerated a bunch of trends that were already occurring.

And no, this doesn't mean that we shouldn't be contesting these other elections, but it does mean that when crafting our message and platform, that we need to be looking at where we're going, not where we've been.

rec0ded1

C4FaRwA.gif

Handshake pull denied.

mo60

Honestly for tiers I would put it like this:

Easy flips: Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, Arizona

Medium flips: Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan

Hard Flips: NE-2, Texas, Ohio, ME-2, Iowa

Risky Holds: NH, Minnesota, Maine

I put Florida as easy flip because literally the only reason Trump won it was because he maximized red rural turnout.

I would probably put NE-2 into medium flips since the margin of victory for trump there was pretty small.Like around 3-4 percent if I recall.

We need to win just to not have to hear the whining about how the DNC didn't give enough money to an "easily winnable" +20 R district and this means we're going to lose in 2018 no matter what.

I think we lose by 2-5, but even that is a crazy big win. I'm just hoping on a hail mary turnout based on the poor CBO healthcare score

The DNC doesn't give money, the DCCC does.

Teggy

Guy really dug his heels in and made the puller the pullee.

So a couple of small things out:

Trump likely using Lieberman's law firm for his collusion defense, so that makes FBI appointment even more interesting.

Trump praised Duterte on his anti-drug measures, which isn't exactly surprising but now it's confirmed and in print.

Wilsongt

I guess NYT and WaPo figured that the Trump admin would do enough damage to themselves today with that shitty budget that they didn't need to drop any oppo.

Edit:

Never mind. OT had Wapo oppo droppo

I guess NYT and WaPo figured that the Trump admin would do enough damage to themselves today with that shitty budget that they didn't need to drop any oppo.

The Flynn subpoena news and subsequent admittion that Burr would seek contempt seems like enough.

Gowdy looking like a fool was good too

New Republic did a sort of interesting write-up about the VA primary.

It's clear that the party establishment isn't thrilled about Perriello's late entry into the race. ”They were angry then, and they're angry now," says University of Virginia political analyst Larry Sabato. ”They're puzzled and hurt, and they feel betrayed." A former Virginia governor recently complained to Sabato about Perriello's decision to run. ”That was one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in politics," the ex-governor groused, ”and politics is a selfish profession!"

I notice that the woman who asked the question is recording Perriello's responses and carrying a spiral notebook. Assuming she's a reporter, I approach her after the event and suggest that we compare notes. It turns out, in fact, that she's an operative for the Northam campaign, dispatched to ask Perriello embarrassing questions about abortion. By early April, Northam had made the issue a centerpiece of his campaign, touting his endorsement by the pro-choice group NARAL and even holding rallies inside abortion clinics.

The idea that voters will rally behind a populist Democrat has yet to be tested, especially in a state like Virginia, and many veteran political observers are convinced that Northam's down-home style will trump Perriello's liberal substance. After all, much of Perriello's fund-raising has come from outside Virginia, whereas 90 percent of Northam's donations are from within the state. ”Northam has a Virginia accent," Sabato says. ”He is rural by nature—grew up on the eastern shore. He went to the Virginia Military Institute. There's no question in my mind that if anyone can draw in some conservatives, it's Northam, not Perriello. They're very suspicious of Yale-talking candidates."

Most of this shouldn't be too surprising/new to anyone here but it's worth a read anyways I think. Kinda surprised TNR hasn't had Sarah Jones write anything about this, since she's from SW Virginia.

Oh, and it looks like the Khan family endorsed Perriello, cool.

New Republic did a sort of interesting write-up about the VA primary.

Most of this shouldn't be too surprising/new to anyone here but it's worth a read anyways I think. Kinda surprised TNR hasn't had Sarah Jones write anything about this, since she's from SW Virginia.

Oh, and it looks like the Khan family endorsed Perriello, cool.

I've been working with his campaign and will have a write up here soonish. It's worth noting that same VA establishment didn't want him to run last time either, and ultimately he was convinced not to run to avoid an Obama v Clinton (McAuliffe) loyalist campaign fight. He held off, played the team player role...he deserves some respect this time around.

It's going to be fun.

Oh, and we just flipped our first seat since the election in a SE

NH Democratic Party
@NHDems

BREAKING: NH Democrat first in nation to flip seat from red to blue. Wolfeboro's Edie DesMarais wins 811-755 in red district #nhpolitics

this constituency went 51-44 for Trump last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom