• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

It's that time again!
Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.a5b2cb01b540

Here's another!

Russian Once Tied to Trump Aide Seeks Immunity to Testify Before Congress

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/politics/oleg-deripaska-paul-manafort.html

I can't find the thread, but if I remember correctly, somebody here ended up finding out a ton of link/info on this guy a while back.

I'll just stand over here quietly.

sub-buzz-28663-1495804843-1.jpg
Now kiss.

Dems generally knew that the Rust Belt was moving toward the Republicans, but I think it was generally assumed we'd be able to count on it for a cycle or two more, by which point we'd be able to make up for it with GA+AZ+NC and maybe even competing in TX. The party wasn't prepared for how rapidly it shifted in 2016, and we weren't really at the point yet where we have a winning map without MI+PA+WI. Trump's presidency might help accelerate the blue trends in the South and Southwest, but more likely we're going to want to get those three states back (even if only temporarily) while fending off the GOP in NH+MN+ME. The map is tough unless the Sun Belt comes through or we can compete just a bit better in the Rust Belt.

royalan

Wow.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/868256213582196738

My guess is that he did this at the behest of Trump - why else would he care enough to do this?

Said this in the OT thread on the subject: the fact that the FBI is aware of this, and Kushner is still walking free, tells me that he's only considered a small fish in all of this. If investigators really thought the buck stopped with Kushner, they would have closed in on him by now.

Sights are set on somebody a little higher up...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Said this in the OT thread on the subject: the fact that the FBI is aware of this, and Kushner is still walking free, tells me that he's only considered a small fish in all of this. If investigators really thought the buck stopped with Kushner, they would have closed in on him by now.

Yup. They're not going to take anyone until they can take everyone. When this ends it'll be like the end of Daredevil season one, with FBI blazers everywhere and tons of dudes doing the perp-walk.

Dems generally knew that the Rust Belt was moving toward the Republicans, but I think it was generally assumed we'd be able to count on it for a cycle or two more, by which point we'd be able to make up for it with GA+AZ+NC and maybe even competing in TX. The party wasn't prepared for how rapidly it shifted in 2016, and we weren't really at the point yet where we have a winning map without MI+PA+WI. Trump's presidency might help accelerate the blue trends in the South and Southwest, but more likely we're going to want to get those three states back (even if only temporarily) while fending off the GOP in NH+MN+ME. The map is tough unless the Sun Belt comes through or we can compete just a bit better in the Rust Belt.
Really I think candidate quality was a big factor here. Hillary being the worst possible candidate for those states and Trump (at this moment in time) being the best. Rural voters with nothing to lose who've felt betrayed by the establishment, and maybe a little sexism/racism thrown in there.

Even if IA/OH are beyond reach I think the WI/MI/PA trifecta is absolutely still in play. Like you said the Sun Belt is still a little too far off to fully write off the Rust Belt.

Ivanka's going down, baby.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really I think candidate quality was a big factor here. Hillary being the worst possible candidate for those states and Trump (at this moment in time) being the best. Rural voters with nothing to lose who've felt betrayed by the establishment, and maybe a little sexism/racism thrown in there.

Even if IA/OH are beyond reach I think the WI/MI/PA trifecta is absolutely still in play. Like you said the Sun Belt is still a little too far off to fully write off the Rust Belt.

I'd say more than a little sexism. You had a ton of female respondents in those states saying women couldn't do the job, just women in general not Clinton.

I'd say more than a little sexism. You had a ton of female respondents in those states saying women couldn't do the job, just women in general not Clinton.
Yeah, we have a family friend down south who would say this all the time. Specifically that Middle Eastern countries would try to kill her or something, because you know them Muslimz.

Then it's not just Trump. The IC and FBI are probably first seeing if they can nab the GOP Senate and House into this as well. As well as all of the GOP's best dirty men (people like Stone).

In fact that's probably why the Senate has been willing to investigate: They are fine with Trump going down as the fall guy before the entire GOP gets implicated.

Because if the IC can prove that the entire GOP leadership was behind all of this, then they'll probably forever side with the democrats out of sheer patriotism.

royalan

Then it's not just Trump. The IC and FBI are probably first seeing if they can nab the GOP Senate and House into this as well. As well as all of the GOP's best dirty men (people like Stone).

In fact that's probably why the Senate has been willing to investigate: They are fine with Trump going down as the fall guy before the entire GOP gets implicated.

Because if the IC can prove that the entire GOP leadership was behind all of this, then they'll probably forever side with the democrats out of sheer patriotism.

It's moments like these that remind of the stories last year that the RNC had also been hacked. And how the timing of those rumors lined up almost perfectly with Reince Priebus' sudden change from cautiously tolerant of Trump and pouring Bailey's into his cereal, to full-on Trump zealot.

I agree on candidate quality being a factor. I'd also argue that Obama was quite a good candidate for the region (and Romney a bad one), which may have contributed to a degree of complacency. I do think those three will likely be winnable in 2020 (as always there are a lot of unknowns three years out) given they were each within 1%.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I honestly think the most probable outcome will be the GOP Leaders knew there was some seriously unethical and illegal shit going on, but they chose to ignore it while not being involved in it. (there is a legal term for this, but I can't think of it). There may also be a couple of Senators/House members involved but I will be legit surprised if there is extensive collusion outside the White House.

It's moments like these that remind of the stories last year that the RNC had also been hacked. And how the timing of those rumors lined up almost perfectly with Reince Priebus' sudden change from cautiously tolerant of Trump and pouring Bailey's into his cereal, to full-on Trump zealot.

If Russia did hack into the RNC, and likely got incriminating emails, that changes my earlier statement.

Reuters said:
U.S. President Donald Trump's son-in-law and close adviser, Jared Kushner, had at least three previously undisclosed contacts with the Russian ambassador to the United States during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, seven current and former U.S. officials told Reuters.
DURING, DURING, DURING

How is that cover? The idea that they wanted to create a structure to hide Syria strategy from the US military is really, really bad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The nyt magazine article about queen is devastating. People don't realize the pervasive sexism in basically every facet of our world. It's...weird to be unable to recognize it myself.

Edit: omg other me

Lo-Volt

It's more of a local paper and it gets crowded out in the city's media market to be honest. They like covering local businessmen and titans, that sort of thing. I also recall it has some ownership ties to Jared Kushner himself, but he claimed in January that he would sell his stake and no longer hold the rank of publisher. An editor closely linked to Kushner also stepped down earlier this week, turns out. It isn't "fake news" but it's not the same as the Times, to be sure.

Teggy

So this was a meeting with Kushner, Flynn and maybe some other folks. I want to know who gave this info up to the government then. (And who leaked it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom