• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Desjardins‏@LisaDNews
SPOTTED: buses outside US House. THEORY (mine + a source): to take GOP members for as-yet-unannounced event at WH after AHCA passage.

C-_8RbRUMAQ6B8M.jpg

lol what is trump doing

Slacker

It can't be overstated how amazingly full of shit Republicans are. Literally EVERYTHING they complained about regarding the process of passing Obamacare they're doing now. Rushed through in the middle of the night? Obamacare wasn't, Trumpcare was. Rushed through without debate? Ten months of debate for O'Care, zero minutes of debate for this. No one has read the bill? Not true then, truer than hell now. Don't know the CBO score? DEAL BREAKER then, NBD now.

Don't get me wrong, saying one thing and doing another is what Republicans do best, but man, it's just to egregious this time. This is a whole new level of bullshit here.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
i feel like doing a big photo op at the WH (which is what I'm guessing Trump wants to do) could backfire badly when more comes out about this bill

If it does pass I assume Trump doesn't understand how a bill becomes a law anyway. He probably think if it passes its over with.

Alex Moe‏Verified account @AlexNBCNews 2m2 minutes ago

Per @LACaldwellDC House Republicans (& staff) are heading to the White House for a celebration after House passes Obamacare repeal bill

iammeiam

i feel like doing a big photo op at the WH (which is what I'm guessing Trump wants to do) could backfire badly when more comes out about this bill

I 100% expect essentially every non-HFC Yes vote to immediately start backpedaling and explaining that the Senate will make it less terrible, they just had to do this to get the Obamacare repeal rolling.

If this makes it to the Senate, I'd guess it gets wildly reworked prior to the CBO having a chance to explain how shit the current version is.

Nobody is standing by this fucking thing.

Alex Moe‏Verified account @AlexNBCNews 2m2 minutes ago

Per @LACaldwellDC House Republicans (& staff) are heading to the White House for a celebration after House passes Obamacare repeal bill

i wonder if the "No's" get to come

this is actually hilarious though (except for the part where millions can lose insurance etc)

Slacker

The abortion rate is the lowest it's been since Roe v. Wade. When low income families have to pay more for healthcare, especially for having the baby, the abortion rate is going to start heading back up again.

So let's say I used to have epilepsy as a kid and I have major depression disorder and my wife and I want to have two kids....are we screwed

Fox318

Only way I was able to afford heathcare for a year was the ACA.

I can't imagine what it would have been like without it.

When Democrats are hopeful, disappointment follows.

When Republicans are hopeful, they know they already bullied/lied/complained enough to get their way.

No amount of spin will cause people to forget about their medical bills

Let's see. Trump will sell this as big better healthcare and while that won't play in NY and CA, I feel that OH, PA, MI area will eat it up.

Any issues will be blamed on Obamacare leftover as things don't start till 2020 or some future date.

PBY

Banned
Let's see. Trump will sell this as big better healthcare and while that won't play in NY and CA, I feel that OH, PA, MI area will eat it up.

Any issues will be blamed on Obamacare leftover as things don't start till 2020 or some future date.

Kind of agree.

Feel like on this round 2, the Democratic messaging hasn't really broken through.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Pelosi fire. "You will glow in the dark."

She was kind of bungling it up to that point, but if nothing else, her saying what we're all thinking with the 'why bother to push this specific bill' and the optics associated therein.

edit: Fuck Paul Ryan.

PBY

Banned
She was kind of bungling it up to that point, but if nothing else, her saying what we're all thinking with the 'why bother to push this specific bill' and the optics associated therein.

edit: Fuck Paul Ryan.

I really think she's a bad messenger.

But that is a great line.

Slizeezyc

So let's say I used to have epilepsy as a kid and I have major depression disorder and my wife and I want to have two kids....are we screwed

Yes. Mental illness is a pre-existing condition, let alone epilepsy. If your wife gets a C-section, that can be a pre-existing condition. You are "protected" in theory for a couple years from this, but in the long run you're hosed.

I wouldn't worry yet though, there's still many winding roads here that have to play out.

Slizeezyc

NO.

Definitely worry. There isn't enough of a backstop in the Senate to rely on, need to flood teh streets and phone lines if this passes.

I just mean to say it's not like it's law today if/when it passes the House. Obviously you should be talking to your representatives etc.

PBY

Banned
Pelosi is wrong person anyway for the Dem messaging machine.

Agree. I like her, but the political landscape has changed far too much.

Love Gillibrand's brand of speaking. Dems need someone to suck up airtime and really get out there and speak honestly and brashly.

It's not per say that D messaging has been off, it's that there's been no time to do any messaging. If this passes, the majority of Americans are going to turn on the news and wonder what the hell happened since there was essentially no warning from the media on this. Everyone turned away once the budget was settled on Monday.

Stage flags are the freaking worst. Imagine if all countries had flags so damn complex. Gross. City flags, too! You can instantly rate how serious your city takes itself as being by the status of its flag. And by that I mean "could it sub in for a fictional nation in a pinch?" Or perhaps "was it designed by an authority higher than your local chamber of commerce?" How about "would this be embarrassing to have an at EDM festival?"

Why city flags may be the worst-designed thing you've never noticed | Roman Mars

Jake Tapper‏Verified account
@jaketapper

GOP consultant: "House majority is in greater jeopardy if we DONT pass this than if we do... the bottom falls out if we don't get something"

This is why the bill is going to pass. Republicans are more afraid of their base revolting than losing moderates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom