• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

The big problem I have is I don't see how the country is ever going to move forward if the next administration just deletes all the work the previous administration did. Something drastic needs to happen but I don't know what.

Well, I am all for erasing Trump's presidency because everything he has done is shit.

There has just never been a point in history that a current administration is doing all they can to completely obliterate the previous admin because of who they were.

Reversing regulations and all, sure. But not downright trying to nuke legislative history and throwing the county back in time by about 100 years.

Also, oh at the Morning Joe news.

The big problem I have is I don't see how the country is ever going to move forward if the next administration just deletes all the work the previous administration did. Something drastic needs to happen but I don't know what.

The poor precedents the GOP is setting with this administration are seriously going to harm them in the future and the country.

- You can't get a SC nominee unless your party also controls the Senate
- Don't ever pass any major long term bills as president because they'll just be destroyed within a few months of the next president

The poor precedents the GOP is setting with this administration are seriously going to harm them in the future and the country.

- Don't ever pass any major long term bills as president because they'll just be destroyed within a few months of the next president

*praying for accelerationism intensifies*

How the hell can this country even progress if evey 4/8 years, the last 4/8 years will be undone?

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the country is supposed to move forward if we continue to have this cycle in which the Republican's are elected and proceed to decimate the country with awful policies that only benefit themselves and their rich friends then people get scared and vote the Democrats into the WH/Senate/Congress to fix everything. Then in 2-4 years people either get too comfortable and don't go out to vote, or they are bored/unhappy with Democrats so the Republican's are then voted back to screw everything up again.

It's a lot easier to destroy than it is to create. The Republican's are just going to keep "winning" at this rate because the more damage they continue to do the harder it will be for Democrats to pick up the pieces time and time again.

C-_hkLxXYAIgQOy.jpg

It is happening...

Was just listening to yesterday's The Weeds, and I think they're basically right about why the Republicans are doing this. They're all so terrified of being "the ones who killed repeal and replace" that they're just trying to toss the potato. The FC tossed it with the preexisting conditions waiver, the "moderates" (we need a better name for thrm; how's everyone feel about Wussy Republicans?) are trying to pass it now by tossing it to the Senate. They're not considering the next step, or what actually happens if God forbid it actually becomes law. They just desperately don't want to have Trump and the tea party aligned against them. They've forgotten what it means to have to worry about not totally crazy constituents.

Kevinroc

Was just listening to yesterday's The Weeds, and I think they're basically right about why the Republicans are doing this. They're all so terrified of being "the ones who killed repeal and replace" that they're just trying to toss the potato. The FC tossed it with the preexisting conditions waiver, the "moderates" (we need a better name for thrm; how's everyone feel about Wussy Republicans?) are trying to pass it now by tossing it to the Senate. They're not considering the next step, or what actually happens if God forbid it actually becomes law. They just desperately don't want to have Trump and the tea party aligned against them. They've forgotten what it means to have to worry about not totally crazy constituents.

This is why I think it will pass the Senate.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ads already being built calling out Mike Coffman for promising to keep preexisting condition protections and voting to remove them.

This is why I think it will pass the Senate.
The Senate is, famously, not the House. They're not gonna nuke the legislative filibuster over this, so they're forced to tweak it to the point that it can pass under reconciliation, at which point it goes back to the House and the Freedom Caucus fucks it up again. Repeal and repeat.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Trump, the physical embodiment of the seven deadly sins, is the hero the religious right deserves.

My absolute favorite nonsense from Republicans right now is that Trump is somehow suddenly a devout religious family man when he's spent his entire career publicly flaunting how he is anything but.

Ernest

Banned
Republicans Scrap Rule For Small-Business Retirement Plans

Senate Republicans voted Wednesday night to rescind an Obama-era policy that allows states to offer retirement savings plans to millions of workers.

Retiree and worker protection groups say the move will hurt employees at small businesses.

Many small businesses say they can't afford to set up retirement savings plans, such as 401(k) plans, for their workers. That's a big reason why so many Americans aren't saving, says Cristina Martin Firvida, the AARP's director of government affairs.

"There are 55 million Americans who have no way to save for their retirement at work," Firvida says.

"I'm a Republican and I can't find any logical answer for it," one small business owner says. "When you see something that's such a great solution out there why do you go around and sabotage it?"

I highlighted the reason why they did this, because otherwise, it makes no goddamn sense. Just like the ACA, who cares if it works, fuck Obama and everything he's done to help, right?
Instead of improving things, they just want to destroy everything, regardless of if it works or not.
They don't care about helping, they just want to nullify everything good that the fist black president has done.

Ed Royce is my congressman and I've mailed him. I'm surprised he was leaning, honestly. He's pretty safely in the OC. If I'm a couple block away he's not even my guy.

Maledict

It's worth pointing out that most other countries, particularly parliamentary democracies, always work like this. When a new parliament is elected they can literally undo everything the former parliament enacted if they have the votes, and generally they will have because of how parliaments work particularly in fptp.

codhand

^U right cod.

Just extremely concerned about this.

yeah man, i can dig that, honestly if i take a step back this whole ordeal is just another step in the process, just hope i live long enough to see it in a better spot than where we are now, silver lining is that i will outlive trump; inshallah

As a non-MD person, I actually think MD's state flag is pretty cool.

I also think Texas's is great, simple, Iconic. I don't care about the state one bit, though.

And yeah, Chicago's city flag is great too.

Most state flags look like the work of high school students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom