• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The founding fathers failed to predict the collective IQ decline of white people and their tendency to be fleeced by orange gonads.
Sentient Cheetos® brand cheese puffs were clearly not something the founding fathers had to consider.

The AHCA's regulatory components are in clear violation. It would be absurd for it to be permitted and I have never seen the argument in it's favor.

Unless I'm misremembering, thhere was an article that covered this when it was rumored the HFC was trying to remove the EHB. It touched on the parliamentary aspects and how it would require a ruling. I don't remember the specifics but I do remember it casting some doubt on their ability to do so.

I mean, how broad do they really want to go here. Everything congress does could affect the budget

The founding fathers failed to predict the collective IQ decline of white people and their tendency to be fleeced by orange gonads.
Well I mean they sort of did. They restricted voting beyond race. You had to be a wealthy, educated property owner in order to vote. They didn't want the common factor workers making any sort of decisions. They didn't believe your average person even if they were white was smart enough to deserve to vote. Because "what do commoners know about government?" Or something like that

Also the EC exists specifically to enable the elites to stop someone they don't like from getting in. But two centuries of democratizing our systems nobody really believed it had the authority to do what it was clearly intended to do. They designed a fail safe because they were so paranoid about too much democracy and giving too much control to voters was a bad thing

This has been posted in other threads, so maybe I'm just being dense but what does Fox News' ratings have to do with the success or failure of an anti-media campaign?

Long Story short, less and less people are watching Fox News because a bunch of factors I won't get into caused the channel to go full Breitbart and going full Breitbart only appeals to Trump's shrinking hardcore fanbase.

Well I mean they sort of did. They restricted voting beyond race. You had to be a wealthy, educated property owner in order to vote. They didn't want the common factor workers making any sort of decisions. They didn't believe your average person even if they were white was smart enough to deserve to vote. Because "what do commoners know about government?" Or something like that

Also the EC exists specifically to enable the elites to stop someone they don't like from getting in. But two centuries of democratizing our systems nobody really believed it had the authority to do what it was clearly intended to do.
I'd say it's less about "not smart enough to understand government" and more "if they can vote they'll take our stuff away by organizing on class" but otherwise yeah.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Long Story short, less and less people are watching Fox News because a bunch of factors I won't get into caused the channel to go full Breitbart and going full Breitbart only appeals to Trump's shrinking hardcore fanbase.

A major one is them completely ignoring the Russia shit. You can't not report on the biggest story of the last few decades and expect not to lose viewers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Matt Laslo‏Verified account @MattLaslo

Just informed Senate Foreign Relations Chair Corker of what Trump tweeted about Qatar and was met with about 8 seconds of stunned silence

Corker, you're one of the many who keep enabling him.

etrain911

I was thinking about this lately, but no one has really taken advantage of the nuclear anxiety surrounding Trump in terms of advertising and PR. I think even Trump's most batshit, ardent, supporters have anxiety about him holding the nuclear codes.

I think recreating something like LBJ's "Daisy" attack ad (posted below) for this era would be really haunting and effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k

Blader

No, I know why Fox News viewership is falling off and Breitbart is losing advertisers. What I meant was, what does that have to do with the effectiveness of a strategy to delegitimize mainstream media outlets?

I was thinking about this lately, but no one has really taken advantage of the nuclear anxiety surrounding Trump in terms of advertising and PR. I think even Trump's most batshit, ardent, supporters have anxiety about him holding the nuclear codes.

I think recreating something like LBJ's "Daisy" attack ad (posted below) for this era would be really haunting and effective.

Hillary did that last year. I believe the consensus was, "Portraying how Donald Trump's temperament could easily facilitate a nuclear war" is bad messaging.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

This is basically what Hillary Clinton tried, though. It didn't work. People want to hear what you can do FOR them. Appealing to the fears of voters is fine, but then you have to tell them how you will make things better.

royalan

The Clinton campaign did this for months. It didn't work.

War doesn't resonate until we're actually in one.

No, I know why Fox News viewership is falling off and Breitbart is losing advertisers. What I meant was, what does that have to do with the effectiveness of a strategy to delegitimize mainstream media outlets?

Because it means that the vast majority of political watchers are not buying into the far right's bullshit AND in fact less and less people are buying into it.

etrain911

I think now that Trump is actually in office and ruining our relations with foreign powers it would be more effective, but I didn't realize Hillary had been making that point. Hmm...I don't understand the minds of the electorate.

This is basically what Hillary Clinton tried, though. It didn't work. People want to hear what you can do FOR them. Appealing to the fears of voters is fine, but then you have to tell them how you will make things better.

Beware of the crazy old guy with the nuclear codes,

Give them to abuelita instead.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think now that Trump is actually in office and ruining our relations with foreign powers it would be more effective, but I didn't realize Hillary had been making that point. Hmm...I don't understand the minds of the electorate.

Racism > all else

That simple. That's only in three states though and by a very slim margin. The vast majority voted against him.

I think how we went about it wasn't quite done right. Too often it was made out to be a joke. " so get this straight guys... Conway took away Trump's twitter.. but we are gonna give him the Nuclear codes? Lol, come on!"

Hard to transition to. "No but seriously we are all going to die".

We sold trump more as a "joke" than a legitimate existential threat.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Trump's blocking of Twitter users violates U.S. Constitution: rights institute

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-twitter-idUSKBN18X2LR

A free-speech institute on Tuesday sent a letter to President Donald Trump demanding the prolific tweeter unblock certain Twitter users on grounds the practice violates the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Trump's @realDonaldTrump account recently blocked a number of accounts that replied to his tweets with commentary that criticized, mocked or disagreed with his actions. Twitter users are unable to see or respond to tweets from accounts that block them.

The Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University in New York said in its letter that the blocking suppressed speech in a public forum protected by the Constitution.

chadskin

It was a simple sentence. Just 27 words.

“We face many threats, but I stand here before you with a clear message: the U.S. commitment to the NATO alliance and to Article 5 is unwavering.”

This was what President Donald Trump was supposed to say in his May 25 address to NATO leaders in Brussels as a way of reassuring them about his evolving views toward the European collective-security pact that he once dismissed as “obsolete.” A senior administration source today provided me the language from the deleted sentence, which was part of the final version of the speech signed off on by the Pentagon on May 23; the National Security Council and State Department approved similar language.

But Trump, as I reported Monday, did not say it.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/06/trump-nato-speech-27-words-commitment-215231

Blader

I think how we went about it wasn't quite done right. Too often it was made out to be a joke. " so get this straight guys... Conway took away Trump's twitter.. but we are gonna give him the Nuclear codes? Lol, come on!"

Hard to transition to. "No but seriously we are all going to die".

We sold trump more as a "joke" than a legitimate existential threat.

They did this too, many times. "This isn't a joke, I'm not a kidding around" or some variation thereof was a staple of Biden's stump speeches.

The effort was made. Voters didn't care; not enough of them, anyway. Fear turns out the GOP's voters, it does not turn out the Dems'.

Crocodile

I hope some site somewhere is compiling all these chyrons over the months that basically say "Trump and team say X (that's wrong it's actually Y)". They give me live :)

anyway

Recommended Reading:
Voter Suppression in 2016 (what Dems should focus on moving forward)
Democrats Working Class Problem (more a values issue than proposals. Kind of has some solutions for moving forward)
Democrats Secret Weapon: Romney Voters (takes a different look to the above)
Who cares what students think? (Campus politics/free speech - I strongly agree with this article)
Twitter is destroying America (title is hyperbolic but article makes good points)

Senate health bill likely to have state waivers

Hope you're ready for those $5/month plans that cover absolutely nothing.

I could have sworn we, as in the public and what not, already had a conversation on how you can't actually do this and its still a terrible idea that still screws over those with pre-existing conditions anyway no?

This CNN countdown timer for Comey is giving me life lol

LOL they couldn't even wait till we hit the 24 hour mark?

Maybe hiring Fox News anchors to be representatives of State wasn't such a hot idea you bloated orange idiot:

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/872171004449181696
omg she goes and makes sure her statement comports with policy! we should be happy she's doing this instead of spewing bullshit like spicer

the horror. what a stupid thing to bitch about.

i've seen actual foreign policy experts happy she did that bit partisan hacks like willis have to pretend they know what the fuck they're talking about for the RTs

omg she goes and makes sure her statement comports with policy! we should be happy she's doing this instead of spewing bullshit like spicer

the horror. what a stupid thing to bitch about.

i've seen actual foreign policy experts happy she did that bit partisan hacks like willis have to pretend they know what the fuck they're talking about for the RTs

If you actually read things in advance with the intent to learn something, you typically see a much faster response. At least she should know what page she's looking for!

100% of the time, my students who dig that hard haven't read a word.

Ac30

Then why post? What's the discussion that gets generated?

Yeah they killed the golden goose. Too crazy for advertisers and there's not enough GoFundMe money in the world to sustain them all.

Robert Mercer is probably keeping that site afloat by himself at this point.

Going with the "i'm too stupid" defence, it's a bold move Cotton, let's see how it plays out.

It's an oddly, almost specifcally worded statement though...

Anti-Comey TV ads paid for by Pro-Trump groups going up tomorrow.

This is a real danger of his 24/7 campaign bullshit: he can dip into this to spread horseshit at anyone who crosses him.

Robert Mercer is probably keeping that site afloat by himself at this point.

Ding ding ding ding

That's all Steve Bannon's doing.

Ding ding ding ding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom