• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Mother fu...fdgjkiihgfsghjjkngfdfvbb

[URL="https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/amp/]How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business[/URL]

Except polling has shown they will get blamed for this.

They're in a lose lose no matter what. Which is polling worse though? I think that Kaiser poll suggested that 61% of people would blame the GOP for the AHCA failing via sabotage, but the actual ACA is like 20% approval.

How long would a sabotage take anyway? I seems like a good strategy to me. If it takes years of sabotaging the GOP loses nothing in 2018 by doing this, and prevents any other damage that could happen by passing the ACA itself. They can try and blame dems the whole way. If it works they keep the house and have two more years of power and an opportunity to repeal and replace. If they lose the house they can go back to the politics of destroying the AHCA and still blame dems for nothing happening in their first two years.

ivajz

DBp7ay6_VYAAHKz3.jpg

Can't collude if you can barely communicate with anyone.
Going with the "i'm too stupid" defence, it's a bold move Cotton, let's see how it plays out.

John Harwood‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood 2m2 minutes ago
Pentagon rebuts Trump via Reuters: "Pentagon renewed praise of Qatar for hosting vital US air base/enduring commitment to regional security"

How stupid is congress going to look if Special Counsel ends up taking everyone from Trump to Sessions down, while they're still fiddling with their dicks over unmasking?

That's not gonna happen anytime soon

It's always funny when you go to vote and the people working the poll booths look at you like a unicorn because someone actually showed up tp vote.

PBY

Banned
The problem with all of this "but they won't do XXX" with the AHCA is that yes they fucking will shut up

YES!

Jesus. I've been banging this drum for months, people keep shouting me down, and this healthcare bill keeps rolling.

Worry this Russia stuff is useless distraction. I find it pretty dumb tbh, and its not going to help unify a healthcare message.

The problem with all of this "but they won't do XXX" with the AHCA is that yes they fucking will shut up

Well they're not ending the filibuster for it, that's at least true. So if it doesn't pass reconciliation (still up in the air on it), then it's dead, instantly, full stop.

They could do it over, but would they? Probably not. They already don't like how long this has been dragging on, they aren't going to waste the entire of 2017 on a healthcare repeal the majority of people don't even want.

I refer to Ayn Rand whenever I want to be able to predict what the GOP will do. Because outside of lord Reagan she's probably their go to philosopher

“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me".

They'll do it. Because they can and democrats cant stop them.

PBY

Banned
Well they're not ending the filibuster for it, that's at least true. So if it doesn't pass reconciliation (still up in the air on it), then it's dead, instantly, full stop.

They could do it over, but would they? Probably not. They already don't like how long this has been dragging on, they aren't going to waste the entire of 2017 on a healthcare repeal the majority of people don't even want.

Yes

they

will

royalan

Agreed.

Frankly, after all we've seen this Congress do, I'm surprised people are still willing to say "CLEARLY they won't do this, because [insert sound logic and reasoning here]!!"

I mean really, what floor hasn't the GOP busted through yet? Where have they set a limit for how low they're willing to go?

I wouldn't put it past them at all to pass AHCA.

There's a difference between saying that the AHCA could pass and just being a one note negative doomsayer and predicting the worse outcome everytime.

Teggy

Anti-Comey TV ads paid for by Pro-Trump groups going up tomorrow.

Pro-Trump group labels Comey political 'showboat' in new ad

By JULIE BYKOWICZ

18 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A nonprofit issues group is labeling James Comey a political "showboat" in a television ad set to air Thursday, the day the former FBI director testifies on Capitol Hill.

Comey "put politics over protecting America," a narrator says in the 30-second spot, titled "Showboat," which was shared with The Associated Press. It accuses him of being "consumed with election meddling" even as "terror attacks were on the rise."

Great America Alliance has paid for the ad, which is slated to run digitally Wednesday and appear the next day on CNN and Fox News. The group, formed after President Donald Trump's election to advocate for his administration, is not required to disclose its donors.

The message of the ad reflects a strategy by Trump and his advocates to erode Comey's credibility.

This is insane. I need to stop reading the news.

royalan

There's a difference between saying that the AHCA could pass and just being a one note negative doomsayer and predicting the worse outcome everytime.

I get what you're saying, but with this Congress, when has the bold not been more or less correct?

Guys. We are in the dark timeline.

This is insane. I need to stop reading the news.

It's stuff like this that hypes me too much for Comey's testimony. Like if Trumpkins are going to the point of spending campaign dollars on mitigating what lies ahead, what is it that has them so deeply afraid?

PBY

Banned
It's stuff like this that hypes me too much for Comey's testimony. Like if Trumpkins are going to the point of spending campaign dollars on mitigating what lies ahead, what is it that has them so deeply afraid?

Honestly, we need to pull waaaaaaaaaaay back here.

I don't think anything will come of this hearing, outside of confirming that which has already been reported (which is significant, but not juicy, 24/7 news cycle worthy). Just reflect on how frothed up this board was pre-Yates testimony - which served up nothing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Who is this directed at? Curious, because I predicted it would pass earlier, but I also think Ossoff is going to win and democrats will win in a blue wave in 2018.

Can anyone point to an article which makes the case for why it would?

I can't find it right now, but it was some technicality about Native American health care

Yes

they

will

They want this over with. We know this. That's probably the only way it actually passes is because they're just bored of talking about it and want it to go away.

They absolutely are not going to drag this into 2018.

I don't think anything will come of this hearing, outside of confirming that which has already been reported (which is significant, but not juicy, 24/7 news cycle worthy). Just reflect on how frothed up this board was pre-Yates testimony - which served up nothing.

Truth. CNN calling this the Superbowl of Politics does us all zero favors.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't find it right now, but it was some technicality about Native American health care

They want this over with. We know this. That's probably the only way it actually passes is because they're just bored of talking about it and want it to go away.

They absolutely are not going to drag this into 2018.

We already know they are going to go the insane route of focusing on an anti-media campaign for 2018, so let's not pretend that these people follow any logic whatsoever.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

After this whole Trump presidency the 24 hour news networks need to cut the shit. It is getting way out of hand even though it was already. Look at the attacks this past weekend with the up to the minute hoping to break something.

Sahil Kapur‏Verified account @sahilkapur 23m23 minutes ago

White House @PressSec on President Trump's tweets: "They're considered official statements by the president of the United States."

BOOM.

RealPressSecBot vindicated

I don't know if I'm expecting bombshells per say but at the same time due to Comey's relationship with Mueller I don't think he'd be doing this if he didn't have anything to say. Hed likely just let his investigation carry on. But I think Comey believes whatever he has to say will give The special counsel direction and more leads based on how the WH or other republicans react to it

chadskin

@AP: BREAKING: Trump on fired FBI Director James Comey's upcoming congressional testimony: 'I wish him luck.'

Lmao. The mafia sends kind regards.

sphagnum

Banned
Me and my fiancee voted for Wisniewski today. Saw my friend at work when I came in and asked if he was going to the polls later.

"No, after Bernie lost, I have no faith in the party anymore."

Woops.

Holmes

It's not Comey's duty as a private citizen to accuse the president of crimes. That's Mueller. What's important is his account of what happened in the lead up to his firing, and we'll come to conclusions accordingly.

tbm24

Me and my fiancee voted for Wisniewski today. Saw my friend at work when I came in and asked if he was going to the polls later.

"No, after Bernie lost, I have no faith in the party anymore."

Woops.
He sounds so devastated. Must be boring in social media for him.

PBY

Banned
Can't wait to see what' the compromise ends up being. What a bunch of shit.

I'm with PBY. We are in a reality where the worst case is becoming the norm. It started on election night.

Yup.

Shit will continue to suck unless the Ds win in 2018. Rs can't be relied on to do anything.

Yup.

Shit will continue to suck unless the Ds win in 2018. Rs can't be relied on to do anything.

Then why post? What's the discussion that gets generated?

I wouldn't worry that much considering two key pieces of news recently:

- Fox News has been dipping in ratings
- Breitbart has lost 90% of advertisers

The far right is losing the PR battle.

Yeah they killed the golden goose. Too crazy for advertisers and there's not enough GoFundMe money in the world to sustain them all.

Gruco

Banned
Maybe I wasn't clear. I was asking if there is any case that the AHCA should be allowed under reconciliation. It's hard to see how it might be possible. The Byrd rule is explicit. A reconciliation bill cannot include provisions which have no budgetary impact, or provisions whose budgetary impact are incidental to its non-budgetary​ impact.

The AHCA's regulatory components are in clear violation. It would be absurd for it to be permitted and I have never seen the argument in it's favor.

Blader

Isn't this just our daily reality now?

well if you think about it, we're all going to die some day anyway.

They're just rallying to defend Dear Leader. Nobody outside of the handful of people who actually communicated with Russians, plus their lawyers, even know what it is they should be afraid about.

I wouldn't worry that much considering two key pieces of news recently:

- Fox News has been dipping in ratings
- Breitbart has lost 90% of advertisers

The far right is losing the PR battle.

This has been posted in other threads, so maybe I'm just being dense but what does Fox News' ratings have to do with the success or failure of an anti-media campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom