• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Paul Nehlen @pnehlen

Replying to @realDonaldTrump
New face, same old schtick from @morningmika isn't that right @realDonaldTrump?
9:05 AM · Jun 29, 2017

From someone who tried to primary Paul Ryan.

These mother fuckers are trash.

lol, someone is desperate for attention.

Teggy

Reported those two tweets as harassment, because, yeah, Twitter ain't going to do anything, but that isn't a reason for us to ignore it.

They've been suspending people lately for insulting nazis, but I have a hard time believing they'll suspend trump.

Dan Scavino Jr. @DanScavino
·
1h

#DumbAsARockMika and lover #JealousJoe are lost, confused & saddened since @POTUS @realDonaldTrump stopped returning their calls! Unhinged.

Scavino posted this first so he must have run and told daddy what he saw on morning joe (more likely they were watching together).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DDfdOHjU0AAI6Ai.jpg:small

I'm stunned.

Blader

Far better for it to come from higher tax revenue than have other people pay more?

uh, unless you're raising taxes on the wealthy, where do you think that higher tax revenue is coming from in the first place?

Well, one good thing out of this tweeting is that atleast Morning Joe is going to be on Trump's case for the remainder of his presidency, no more wishy washy bullshit that we saw during the elections. But yeesh, what a disgusting thing to say to someone's SO.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm lost. Does he know what he's saying here?

Keep healthy people's premiums low by giving sick people free tax-funded health care! It's the classic Republican mantra.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
David M. Drucker‏Verified account @DavidMDrucker

Why Trump can act this way: GOP donor who didn't support in primary, slow to come around, tells me: "There's no inbetween; it's us or them."

These people are ruining this country.

Lindsey Graham calling Trump out for his bullshit with Mika on Twitter. The orange fuck may have really pushed it with this shit.

And yet he doesn't tag him directly in his rebuke. Spineless.

Teggy

Mika was talking about the Time cover. If there's anything that sets trump off more, it's proving he's guilty of what he accuses others of doing.

Plinko

This is the second time he's also referred to women "bleeding." Remember the Megyn Kelly thing?

The guy has some real issues.

GusBus

This won't be the straw the breaks anything. However, the more unhinged he comes off in the view of the general public, the more likely a few spineless Repubs begin to question the optics of supporting this mongrel. Keep it up Donny.

Ernest

Banned
Side note that Joe and Mika were invited to get married at the White House, ha ha.
He actually wants them to like him, and he's hurt that they're being mean to him. LOL
It's like grade school when some kid invites popular kids to their birthday, but they make fun of him instead. Only this "some kid" is a complete asshole, and also president.

I'm stupefied whenever I see a Republican suggest the Democrats work with them on this. How? Why would they want to roll back the Medicaid expansion or reduce the tax rates or get rid of essential benefits or bring back preexisting conditions or get rid of the individual mandate?

They should roll back the Medicaid expansion because the Democrats said they wanted Medicare for all. What reasonable person would plead for a Medicaid expansion?

Reducing tax rates would be pretty good if it's targeted towards the poor.

They shouldn't make crappy private firms provide benefits that they don't want to. Offer public options that set the baseline.

I agree given that the list of pre-existing conditions is extensive. Private sector companies shouldn't be allowed to be that lazy given their job description/mission.

Individual mandate penalty as it's currently set up isn't necessary. They can get rid of the current penalty and simply have folks who choose to go uninsured take personal responsibility for their costs. If they don't want to comply, then we shouldn't care about them. And exceptions should be made for low-income, homeless, etc. The affluent and the dumb are on their own.

They should roll back the Medicaid expansion because the Democrats said they wanted Medicare for all. What reasonable person would plead for a Medicaid expansion?

They shouldn't make crappy private firms provide benefits that they don't want to. Offer public options that set the baseline.

I agree given that the list of pre-existing conditions is extensive. Private sector companies shouldn't be allowed to be that lazy given their job description/mission.

Individual mandate penalty as it's currently set up isn't necessary. They can get rid of the current penalty and simply have folks who choose to go uninsured take personal responsibility for their costs. If they don't want to comply, then we shouldn't care about them. And exceptions should be made for low-income, homeless, etc. The affluent and the dumb are on their own.
You need the mandate because the people most likely to drop insurance are the young and healthy. The basic concept of insurance is healthy people subsidizing sick people. Insurance collapses if the only people who have it are sick people.

Gruco

Banned
I'm stupefied whenever I see a Republican suggest the Democrats work with them on this. How? Why would they want to roll back the Medicaid expansion or reduce the tax rates or get rid of essential benefits or bring back preexisting conditions or get rid of the individual mandate? Anything like that would be strictly worse than leaving the law in place. Compromise is about getting something in return so what would they even get in return?
So, the question is, why should the democrats be willing to work with Republicans on health care. Presumably, logic would dictate that any answer involved Democrats getting things that that want. Let's see what we have.

"Democrats should preemptively give up something they like because some of them want something better"

I can't make any sense out of this whatsoever.

This is the exact opposite of what is being pushed for by the GOP. There's no impetus to pursue this from either side because GOP are only in it to get rid of the progressive taxes and Democrats presumably aren't in this for getting rid of the benefits they already fought to establish.

Getting of essential benefits is yet again not something Democrats actually want.

A public option is, so the idea of a trade here is not crazy at all, but there's really no evidence that something like that would be on the table from Republicans.

If you agree that pre-existing condition discrimination is bad, you agree that the mandate is necessary, full stop. If this isn't obvious, I would encourage more background reading on adverse selection.

Honestly most of what you wrote here in this last section is a mess. What share of the uninsured do think are "the affluent"? Do you not understand that you're describing a system that existed prior to 2009 and was corrected specifically because it was a policy disaster which lead to massive medical bankruptcies and uncontrollable cost spillovers?

In conclusion, this does not appear to answer the main question: Why should Democrats be willing to work with Republicans on this issue?

Ya think?
Nah. GOPers must publicly start breaking rank with Trump to have any effect. Instead it's just the media and libs getting mad (har har har from Trump supporters) and GOP Moderate Darlings raising slight concern and going back to business. Guy called Cruz, Rubio and McCain the most heinous things in existence and they still carried water for him. This is small potatoes - relatively speaking.

Teggy

Laura Litvan @LauraLitvan

Sen Bob Corker just said he expects tax cut for wealthy to come OUT of health bill to boost susidies for poor
11:15 AM · Jun 29, 2017

Don't know if this makes it easier or harder to pass.

Gruco

Banned
Don't know if this makes it easier or harder to pass.
May be enough for Heller and Collins. Cruz was probably destined to fold. Not sure how Lee and Johnson react (that is, hard to read how genuine their opposition is). Doubt they get on board after something like this. Rand goes from no to double-no.

If true, the House will riot.
Good luck with that in the House.
lol. Yup. Exactly.

Still on the core challenge identified since day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom