• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Do you think Zuckerberg will start finally policing fake news when Shitbook conservatives start using it to spread shit about him?

Barzul

Do you think Zuckerberg will start finally policing fake news when Shitbook conservatives start using it to spread shit about him?
Of course. This is almost one of the reasons I want him to run, but ultimately I think it'd be risky as he might try and run independent and self fund. He'd never win a primary, but he'd suppress the shit out of conservative fake news. It'll be easy too since so many people trust Facebook more than they trust news media.

royalan

...is nobody concerned about the idea of a man who's the head of an online conglomerate by which millions, upon millions, upon millions of Americans (not the mention the world) gathers, gets their news and forms their opinions? And that there doesn't seem to be any legal avenues in this country by which to address this?

I mean, yay Zuckerberg is a liberal technocrat whatever. But this would in reality be the relationship between Trump and Fox News, only waaaaay worse and more obvious.

...is nobody concerned about the idea of a man who's the head of an online conglomerate by which millions, upon millions, upon millions of Americans (not the mention the world) gathers, gets their news and forms their opinions? And that there doesn't seem to be any legal avenues in this country by which to address this?

I mean, yay Zuckerberg is a liberal technocrat whatever. But this would in reality be the relationship between Trump and Fox News, only waaaaay worse and more obvious.

Oh I morbidly curious to his stances and what he'll do at the first sign conservative backlash.

UberTag

Bahar also said he doesn’t expect the investigation to wrap up anytime soon, predicting it will go into next year.

“There are so many tentacles and so many rocks to look under,” he said. “And every time you look under another rock, you find some more rocks. I don’t think there’s a quick resolution to this.”
Don't fret. I'm sure there'll be a ruling of some kind by Mueller and company in about 8 years or so. The damage will be done by then, though. But hey... justice will be served and all that.

They already actively mark questionable news sources. If you try to post an article from something like PatriotTruthUSA or some nonsense it is automatically flagged.

Christie is such an ass. He threatened the shutdown because Democrats wouldn't pass his pet legislation giving the governor's office authority to raid the state's largest health insurance carrier's reserve funds. That legislation has nothing to do with the budget. Yet, because the Assembly won't pass it, he said he will veto ALL line items in the budget that favor Dem interests.

Obviously this leads to a shutdown, because Dems can't pass the idiotic Horizon legislation and can't send Christie a budget over threats that he will veto whole thing. But Christie blames the Democrats for the shutdown, because they did not pass his pet legislation.

Fucking cynical bully.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pBPgSC8.jpg

Trump having never seen Toy Story doesn't surprised me. Too sophisticated.

Trump not having a clue what "infinity" means, also doesn't surprise me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They already actively mark questionable news sources. If you try to post an article from something like PatriotTruthUSA or some nonsense it is automatically flagged.

Does that matter to these people? I want to see if he starts filtering or blocking it.

This was the one morbidly interesting thing to me about a Zuckerberg presidential run. Not that he would necessarily start policing Facebook but that Facebook itself would become inherently politicized and possibly seriously cut into its user base.

Zolo

This was the one morbidly interesting thing to me about a Zuckerberg presidential run. Not that he would necessarily start policing Facebook but that Facebook itself would become inherently politicized and possibly seriously cut into its user base.

brb. Gonna start working on an alternative.

Zolo

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2017/06/30/hosemann-voter-records/444623001/
"As all of you may remember, I fought in federal court to protect Mississippi voters' rights for their privacy and won," Hosemann said. "In the event I were to receive correspondence from the commission requesting (what the other state received) ... My reply would be: They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great state to launch from."

EOZiZLk.jpg

Nah, it'll be fine.

Is it just me or people on GAF have a short attention span when it comes to politics? It feels like people keep explaining things to people and they just forget it happened and make the same mistake.

Zolo

Is it just me or people on GAF have a short attention span when it comes to politics? It feels like people keep explaining things to people and they just forget it happened and make the same mistake.

We've had lots of info coming in over the last couple of months. It's not surprising people don't remember it all. This is what records & google is for.

We've had lots of info coming in over the last couple of months. It's not surprising people don't remember it all. This is what records & google is for.

There is this weird phenomena where people refuse to let the election/primaries go and have also forgotten most of the details about what actually happened in the election/primaries. It makes for a pretty frustrating mix.

Grexeno

It's a function of most of GAF having no memory or knowledge of politics before Obama.

sphagnum

Banned

Personally I blame the Sumerians. Nobody had to remember anything anymore once writing was invented!

FyreWulff

"dumb as a rock"

not sure if i should be sad that a President is saying this to a journalist or that he's running out of nicknames to call people

Gruco

Banned
If Zuckerberg finds any campaign success on the idea that he is somehow a "technocrat" I swear I'm signing up as a Buster the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom