• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

I don't understand this at all. So what is he trying to say? That the Kremlin hasn't been involved in violently silencing dissenting press for well over a decade? What's the basis of such an argument?

When someone's defending Saddam and Gaddafi, you're already at a losing argument.

Jr. is on to a new story

DEUnyHvXoAIKOLC.jpg

See, he tried to collude with the russians but it didn't work.

Everything's fine.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
If I were Trump's lawyers I'd be worried about malpractice.

What a stupid, self-incriminating press release by Jr.
Do we think a lawyer went over that or Junior was freelancing? In terms of style it seems very lawyerly, but content wise it seems absurd.

barber

I rewatched arrested development as a way to celebrate its new season announcement and I really expect a moment where the Trump family is gonna be like
giphy.gif

Seriously I really do not understand what the hell they are doing. Has all the time just basically using money to win trials (by making it so long that the other party is unable to pay / doesnt see it viable) affected their way of thinking?!?!

Do we think a lawyer went over that or Junior was freelancing? In terms of style it seems very lawyerly, but content wise it seems absurd.

Like I said, if any lawyer advised to issue that statement he or she committed malpractice.

What's more likely is that the lawyer reviewed it, proofread and edited it, advised against releasing it, and then Jr. did it anyway because he's a fucking moron. If I were that lawyer I'd be covering my tracks like a mug.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like I said, if any lawyer advised to issue that statement he or she committed malpractice.

What's more likely is that the lawyer reviewed it, proofread and edited it, advised against releasing it, and then Jr. did it anyway because he's a fucking moron. If I were that lawyer I'd be covering my tracks like a mug.

If I were Trump's lawyer I would have quit ages ago. No amount of money is worth dealing with their dumbass shit.

PBY

Banned

As a lawyer, legal malpractice is nearly impossible to prove and requires far more than this. This isn't at issue.

Seriously I really do not understand what the hell they are doing. Has all the time just basically using money to win trials (by making it so long that the other party is unable to pay / doesnt see it viable) affected their way of thinking?!?!

And you would think they'd have easy access to the Bob Loblaw Law Blog.

So what will Trump do? Is Junior going under the bus? He'd be really shitty to defend Flynn but leave his own son to the wolves.

As I said in OT, they need to go after the family and associates.

PBY

Banned
So what will Trump do? Is Junior going under the bus? He'd be really shitty to defend Flynn but leave his own son to the wolves.

They're going to keep lying and nothing is going to happen until the investigations conclude?

They're going to keep lying and nothing is going to happen until the investigations conclude?

Because Mike Flynn still has a job.

Even the special prosecutor whose conclusions you await wouldn't be on the case had something not "happened." They lied their asses off during those episodes, too.

PBY

Banned
Because Mike Flynn still has a job.

Even the special prosecutor whose conclusions you await wouldn't be on the case had something not "happened." They lied their asses off during those episodes, too.

Strongly disagree. Really think this story isn't going to change anything until the investigations conclude.

I mean, what do you think will happen?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Trump's lawyers must be screaming right now.

Trump Laywers: "Yep. Yeah... We'll meet in the morning and come up with a statement and get ahead of this whole mess. Don't even worry about this. You guys have nothing to worry about right? Alright... see you then."

(image in spoiler tag)

2.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Guys, I swear--my dad had no idea I was meeting this person with reports they could damage his opponent. I mean, come on. Makes no sense at all, am I right?"

Strongly disagree. Really think this story isn't going to change anything until the investigations conclude.

I mean, what do you think will happen?

And if I dug through your post history, I'd probably find that you said the same thing before the Flynn firing and Mueller appointment. You think nothing will happen. We get it. Only now you can say, "Well, maybe something will happen, but we should wait for Mueller's conclusions." Same shit, different toilet, if you'll pardon the coarse expression.

Do I think the house will crumble because of this particular story? No, it will likely be another incremental step toward the conclusion. I merely asked how Trump will handle his son being implicated, and as the progressively worse statements from last night and today show, they've begun scrambling to cover this. They'll lie, but they have to say something about Don Jr.

Of course, you jumped on that relatively narrow question to spread your tired, pessimistic "Nothing will happen" bullshit again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amanda Carpenter‏Verified account @amandacarpenter

Timeline: Don Jr meets Russian lawyer on June 9. Wikileaks dumps DNC emails July 22. Trump asks Russia to dump HRC's on July 25.

PBY

Banned
And if I dug through your post history, I'd probably find that you said the same thing before the Flynn firing and Mueller appointment. You think nothing will happen. We get it. Only now you can say, "Well, maybe something will happen, but we should wait for Mueller's conclusions." Same shit, different toilet, if you'll pardon the coarse expression.

Do I think the house will crumble because of this particular story? No, it will likely be another incremental step toward the conclusion. I merely asked how Trump will handle his son being implicated, and as the progressively worse statements from last night and today show, they've begun scrambling to cover this. They'll lie, but they have to say something about Don Jr.

Of course, you jumped on that relatively narrow question to spread your tired, pessimistic "Nothing will happen" bullshit again.

I actually never said that and have never been part of the "nothing will happen crew" so NOPE there, but feel free to dig away.

Here - what is there for Trump to handle for his son? Does he have any official, government position?

Plinko

Also, again note the timing:

A day or two after the president discredits the IC, this story leaks.

I actually never said that and have never been part of the "nothing will happen crew" so NOPE there, but feel free to dig away.

Here - what is there for Trump to handle for his son? Does he have any official, government position?

No, but he has now been implicated in the Russia business, thereby calling into question Trump's claim of having no knowledge of his inner circle's meetings with Russia. He couldn't have avoided knowing about his own son's shady business. The plausible deniability gets weaker and weaker.

PBY

Banned
No, but he has now been implicated in the Russia business, thereby calling into question Trump's claim of having no knowledge of his inner circle's meetings with Russia. He couldn't have avoided knowing about his own son's shady business. The plausible deniability gets weaker and weaker.

Agreed, totally.

But - they're not going to act on reports like this. The investigations need to opine here, imo, for any substantive change to take place.

Valhelm

contribute something
Not enough talk about Hobby Lobby potentially funding ISIS imo.

Today in brogressive whataboutism:

He's completely correct w/r/t Saddam and Gadaffi. Using the real atrocities committed by these individuals to justify further oppression under the stars and stripes is completely unacceptable, and much of the American media is culpable.

Saddam Hussein massacred ethnic minorities, led his country into the lengthiest war of the 20th century, and suppressed all democratic organizing in Iraq. Yet somehow, US policy managed to make the lives of Iraqis even worse.

Agreed, totally.

But - they're not going to act on reports like this. The investigations need to opine here, imo, for any substantive change to take place.

Good thing I never said they would. Again, I merely asked how and if Trump would defend Don Jr., and you responded thusly:

So yes, you took a narrow question and jumped directly to "Nothing will happen."

PBY

Banned

I was responding to this. My response remains the same - Trump isn't gonna do anything, including throwing his son under the bus.

Good thing I never said they would. Again, I merely asked how and if Trump would defend Don Jr., and you responded thusly:
So yes, you took a narrow question and jumped directly to "Nothing will happen."

Its a narrow question, and I'm responding by saying that nothing will happen, until the investigations conclude.

These people don't care and aren't rational actors. They're just going to keep lying and screaming fake news until that no longer works.

He's completely correct w/r/t Saddam and Gadaffi. Using the real atrocities committed by these individuals to justify further oppression under the stars and stripes is completely unacceptable, and much of the American media is culpable.

Saddam Hussein massacred ethnic minorities, led his country into the lengthiest war of the 20th century, and suppressed all democratic organizing in Iraq. Yet somehow, US policy managed to make the lives of Iraqis even worse.

Why even tweet that garbage about Putin? What does it accomplish? Putin killing journalists is relevant information, especially as we see Putin and Russia's approval numbers go up among republican voters. They think because they helped get a republican in the white house that Russia is our friend, that's dangerous as fuck.

Thats why i stopped watching TYT, they care more about shitting on democrats and the liberal media than anything else.

Valhelm

contribute something
I don't think TYT is very good at all, but in his second tweet Tracey is identifying a dangerous bias with real-world implications that the media at large must come to terms with.

I think it's okay to say that Putin's regime murders journalists and also say that US turns a blind eye to many atrocities. Pressure them to report on the latter, but not at the expense of the former.

Wait, what's reductive about the assassination of dissidents?

omg. Throwback to my favorite post in that thread:
Anton, enhance.

9gOdp6j.png

Anton. Enhance.

cYcK3jj.png

Anton...enhance.

xa18Qac.png
Don't do this man, come on.

She's a Cruz-ite, and hates Trump/Ivanka.
I'm saying she's a holdover and part of the Republicans that are willing to torpedo Trump at any opportunity. Not once did she say anything supportive of him during the entire general election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom