• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh it looks like I may have slightly exaggerated Cover All Kids, it's only for kids under 300% of the poverty line

it's still good obviously, especially for covering undocumented kids, and I'm not sure if there's much if any of the population with income too high to qualify without having insurance

This is definitely an underage kid but the age of consent in Croatia is 15 and also it's creepy regardless unless you're a moderate darling I guess.

KfCKrkp.jpg

whyamihere
Noted Homophobe
(Today, 05:57 PM)

pigeon

Banned
oh it looks like I may have slightly exaggerated Cover All Kids, it's only for kids under 300% of the poverty line

it's still good obviously, especially for covering undocumented kids, and I'm not sure if there's much if any of the population with income too high to qualify without having insurance

So then why isn't it called "Cover A Significant Number Of Kids"

FAKE NEWS

the Cover Most Kids Act isn't quite as catchy

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This is definitely an underage kid but the age of consent in Croatia is 15 and also it's creepy regardless unless you're a moderate darling I guess.

KfCKrkp.jpg

That one is definitely creepy.

Not really, as pro-gun Dem isn't weird?

Moderates generally aren't actually moderate if they're outside the party structures. It usually means they have a conflicting set of extreme views spread between the two parties.

I'm pro small government, at least for the area I live in. I understand that governing styles needs to change if the populace is bigger. For the town I live in, we don't need a city transit, for example.

when i'm a billionaire i'm gonna fund the moves of 1 million people into maiden voyage's state specifically so they can vote the anti-car party into power

Lurk more.

(though if you had done that in the first place, you wouldn't have made an ass of yourself.)

We need to stop being anti-car or we might alienate all those hard-working truck drivers who might come into this thread, not get the joke, and then vote Republican. Our messaging is not on axle.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Lurk more.

(though if you had done that in the first place, you wouldn't have made an ass of yourself.)

Honestly, the only reason I am posting this much is because I am on medical leave. I did not realize I was so out of the loop on Poligaf. I feel like I spend too much time reading it.

i'll fund moves into every state, i don't give a fuck

somehow this will still be a better use of my money than half the shit billionaires actually do

I actually enjoy that my state population is low. We have like no crime rate. It's awesome.

I actually enjoy that my state population is low. We have like no crime rate. It's awesome.

wait, fuck, now i can narrow down what state you live in, and frankly i don't want to inflict a million extra people on any of those

unless it's wyoming, in which case blame dick cheney because i'm throwing two million in there

Slizeezyc

Wait the moderate darling in-joke and anti-car meme actually fueled this?

"Moderate darling" is meant as a joke because the person isn't actually moderate or a darling. Darling is also used in other contexts on PoliGAF as a joke, as is "liberal icon" which I don't believe has enraged any liberals when used in this way. Because, again, it's a joke because the person isn't really that liberal or an icon.

In short, this is a safe space, and it's not actually a shot at moderates when this phrase is used, it's the idea that the person is framing himself or herself as a moderate when he or she is not. Thus the joke is born.

PoliGAF has plenty of left-leaners that would be called "moderate" in terms of how left they go, so it's not like "moderate" is a dirty word or anything in and of itself.

Hope this helped.

Oh, PS, the anti-car meme is just not even worth explaining because it's just a dumb and wonderful random thing.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

"Moderate darling" is meant as a joke because the person isn't actually moderate or a darling. Darling is also used in other contexts on PoliGAF as a joke, as is "liberal icon" which I don't believe has enraged any liberals when used in this way. Because, again, it's a joke because the person isn't really that liberal or an icon.

In short, this is a safe space, and it's not actually a shot at moderates when this phrase is used, it's the idea that the person is framing himself or herself as a moderate when he or she is not. Thus the joke is born..

PoliGAF has plenty of left-leaners that would be called traitors for being "moderate" in terms of how left they go, so it's not like "moderate" is a dirty word or anything in and of itself.

Hope this helped.

A little late but I appreciate the effort.

Edit: I do like that once I let it be known that I lean left, everyone stopped freaking out over me being a moderate.

In short, this is a safe space, and it's not actually a shot at moderates when this phrase is used, it's the idea that the person is framing himself or herself as a moderate when he or she is not. Thus the joke is born.

PoliGAF has plenty of left-leaners that would be called "moderate" in terms of how left they go, so it's not like "moderate" is a dirty word or anything in and of itself.

Hope this helped.

But Jason Kander is Unemployed Man.

can you imagine calling your son 'high quality'?????
Can you imagine calling your daughter a piece of ass?
What...does it mean to you to be a moderate
My mother-in-law once told me, "I'm so middle-of-the-road it's not even funny." Then she complained about how veterans get free health care, for life!, said she was glad when MLK was assassinated, and missed her days in the John Birch Society.

My mother-in-law once told me, "I'm so middle-of-the-road it's not even funny." Then she complained about how veterans get free health care, for life!, said she was glad when MLK was assassinated, and missed her days in the John Birch Society.

But you met in the middle with her, right?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Forever ago, when I lived in Cleveland, a Democrat told me she liked it better when there was segregation (she was very old).

I think we're starting to see Heitkamp and (to a lesser extent) Manchin step up their troll game to be the Democrats' "moderate darlings." The difference being they actually do sometimes act on their moderate views, but I don't believe they've been the deciding vote against us on anything substantial. Heitkamp was going to vote for the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill until she found out it was well short of breaking cloture.

jtb

Banned
I think we're starting to see Heitkamp and (to a lesser extent) Manchin step up their troll game to be the Democrats' "moderate darlings." The difference being they actually do sometimes act on their moderate views, but I don't believe they've been the deciding vote against us on anything substantial. Heitkamp was going to vote for the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill until she found out it was well short of breaking cloture.

Yup. I don't know how genuine Schumer was when he was saying it, but when I think he was right when he said that the GOP was counting on poaching at least some of the 12 Trump D senators for the AHCA and other awful legislation. They very much misread the Trump/Dem relationship (particularly how much the base despises him).

LAtoDC

Neo Member
So much to break down with this Jr. news...

My guess is the New York Times has proof that Trump knew of this meeting and they are drawing it out, piece by piece, extending the story one contradiction from the WH after the other. This could be the beginning of the end folks.

Hoping it takes the Senate Health Care bill down with it.

A couple of questions after catching up the last few pages:

1. What happened with Amirox? I've been seeing people reference it all over OT. It seems to come up totally unprovoked so it must be a pretty big deal that everyone knows about but me.

2. I am from Maine and it's so interesting how people in the state have viewed Susan Collins and how that perspective has or hasn't changed. She is a household name. Everybody votes for Susan Collins, even Democrats, because she is a "modern moderate." People have been nothing but pleased with her for years and years and years. The R next to her name has never mattered. But suddenly, it does. Now she's not just Susan Collins, she's Susan Collins (R). I have to wonder how this is going to manifest as we get closer to midterms. This isn't a question. Just something I've been thinking about.

3. Why does the Trump admin constantly expect positive press coverage for fuck ups like the trip abroad and their ravenous attempts to destroy the lives of their own voters? Like, with how much they hate the media, do they really think they're going to turn on CNN and get a pat on the back?

How red were the seats before?

The House seat went 60-40 R back in November, which is pretty typical for Oklahoma's state legislature. Our last two governors' races finished around that mark.

The Senate election was to replace a pedophile, so that may have had something to do with it. However, he only won by 52-42 back in 2014, which means that seat's pretty liberal by this state's standards.

Diablos

KfCKrkp.jpg

whyamihere
Noted Homophobe
(Today, 05:57 PM)

Who is the creepy guy on the right, do I even want to know

So much to break down with this Jr. news...

My guess is the New York Times has proof that Trump knew of this meeting and they are drawing it out, piece by piece, extending the story one contradiction from the WH after the other. This could be the beginning of the end folks.

Hoping it takes the Senate Health Care bill down with it.
You are this thread's good luck charm. Nearly every time you post (maybe 2016 election results being the exception but that was everyone), good things happen.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

1. What happened with Amirox? I've been seeing people reference it all over OT. It seems to come up totally unprovoked so it must be a pretty big deal that everyone knows about but me.

2. I am from Maine and it's so interesting how people in the state have viewed Susan Collins and how that perspective has or hasn't changed. She is a household name. Everybody votes for Susan Collins, even Democrats, because she is a "modern moderate." People have been nothing but pleased with her for years and years and years. The R next to her name has never mattered. But suddenly, it does. Now she's not just Susan Collins, she's Susan Collins (R). I have to wonder how this is going to manifest as we get closer to midterms. This isn't a question. Just something I've been thinking about.

3. Why does the Trump admin constantly expect positive press coverage for fuck ups like the trip abroad and their ravenous attempts to destroy the lives of their own voters? Like, with how much they hate the media, do they really think they're going to turn on CNN and get a pat on the back?

1. Arrested for CP. Mods locked the thread because they felt there was nothing further to discuss after Evilore posted.
2. Having an R next to your name is everything for the majority of voters in my state.
3. Trump wants a dictatorship and can't handle criticism.

jtb

Banned

Do people think that Susan Collins will run for governor in 2018? That would be huge for D chances of retaking the Senate, or at least forcing Pence to make a lot of tiebreakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom