• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
NwAW1S0.jpg

Oh that wacky Bill Clinton.

There's the fussy rule about budget deficits as part of the parliamentarian, right? So not waiting for an official CBO score is effectively eliminating the parliamentarian from the process, which is effectively killing the filibuster. Neat.

There's the fussy rule about budget deficits as part of the parliamentarian, right? So not waiting for an official CBO score is effectively eliminating the parliamentarian from the process, which is effectively killing the filibuster. Neat.

Under budget reconciliation and the Byrd rule, I don't believe there is anything specific requiring a CBO estimate. It can be a CBO estimate or an estimate "from other sources". So they could float an HHS estimate and its up to the parliamentarian to accept that estimate or not. If the parliamentarian says no - the big question becomes whether they overrule or not. Pence or Hatch would have to do that and they could.

Posted in the other thread having to do with the Hawaii judge narrowing the travel ban to include grandparents..

Of course, Sessions taking it to the Supreme Court...

DEtwqnfXYAEpCs7.jpg:large

So the SCOTUS has to decide if a grandparent is a "close family member" or a "bona fide" relationship. Gee, that's a toughy!

giphy.gif

....but first the DOJ had to file paperwork to take it to (wait for it) the 9th circuit.

Brent Kendall‏Verified account @brkend 4m4 minutes ago
More
Hmm. AG Sessions says DOJ will take new Hawaii travel ban ruling to SCOTUS, but DOJ just filed papers saying it will appeal to 9th Circuit.

Looks like GMT's 1960: The Making of the President is finally coming to stores. If you like Twilight Struggle or politically charged board games, this one is supposed to be pretty engaging.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm starting to get mildly nervous about the health care bill. Not to the point where I think it will pass, but to where I wouldn't be surprised if it does after Price throws out imaginary numbers.

So is Collins the only public firm no right now, then?

Yes, I believe so. I don't think Paul has said anything yet.

Posted in the other thread having to do with the Hawaii judge narrowing the travel ban to include grandparents..

Of course, Sessions taking it to the Supreme Court...

DEtwqnfXYAEpCs7.jpg:large

So the SCOTUS has to decide if a grandparent is a "close family member" or a "bona fide" relationship. Gee, that's a toughy!

giphy.gif

....but first the DOJ had to file paperwork to take it (wait for it) the 9th circuit.

Mess.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Breaking on CNN now, there were 8 people at the Don Jr. meeting:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-meeting/index.html

Trump Sr. and Priebus, calling it now.

I'm going for the plot twist:

Rohrabacher was there.

I think the thinking Goldstone was #7.

Trump Sr. might actually be in the shit if it turns out he was there.

It's right in the article:
A source familiar with the circumstances told CNN there were at least two other people in the room as well, a translator and a representative of the Russian family who had asked Goldstone to set up the meeting. The source did not provide the names.

Trump Sr. might actually be in the shit if it turns out he was there.

Assuming he was there: the best thing about it would be that they couldn't keep that off the radar forever. And the fact that they didn't come right out and say so will look *horrible*.

That's assuming he was there. I personally think so (from the tweet right after) and if so, I look forward to the spinning that will ensue.

It's right in the article:
"representative of the Russian family who had asked Goldstone to set up the meeting"

Getting harder to believe that it was a big 'nothing.' The thing that gets me the most about the Trump's story is this:

If you believe them 100% on this, then you have to believe that:

1) A trusted family friend's publicist made up a tall tale to get a meeting with the Trump campaign's most senior advisers.

2) That when the meeting turned out to be a big 'nothing,' they didn't think to say ANYTHING to the FBI, Donald Trump OR the Agalarovs (the most powerful ppl in Russia, per Trump).

3) That they were being briefed about the Russian hack, and they never thought back "GEE WHIZ remember that weird meeting we all took?" and said NOTHING.

It just makes no sense. Goldstone should've been fired on June 2016 if you are to believe the Trump's version of event. No way they don't call the Agalarovs about being set up by their manager.

How long does it usually take for these lawsuits against the administration to be heard?

We hear about how lawsuits keep showing up, but do we have any idea on when they'll be heard and when rulings are issued?

The courts worked fast with the travel ban, how can they not work fast with this?

Is there anyone with knowledge of this stuff that can fill me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom