• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Still concerned we haven't heard a third.
Sandoval is supposedly going to release a statement tonight about the bill, and I suspect Heller goes along with that.

I'm guessing the rest of the Nos on the previous version of the bill are waiting for Heller to make the first move.

Kevinroc

Sandoval is supposedly going to release a statement tonight about the bill, and I suspect Heller goes along with that.

I'm guessing the rest of the Nos on the previous version of the bill are waiting for Heller to make the first move.

A statement on a Friday night? I'm pretty nervous...

Kasich doesn't have a vote in the Senate. Does put more pressure on the Ohio senators, that's about it.
I realize you're referring to Portman but this gave me the mental image of him talking to Sherrod Brown and being like "look Sherrod, we may be from different parties but now is the time for you to put all that aside and vote against this bill"

I realize you're referring to Portman but this gave me the mental image of him talking to Sherrod Brown and being like "look Sherrod, we may be from different parties but now is the time for you to put all that aside and vote against this bill"

The Moderate Huddle

Both of their faces bearing the pinched, remorseful frown.

Haha, I couldn't think of their name so I just made a general senator comment here.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
What I am more curious about is if there was "nothing" in this meeting specifically with regards to "dirt", but if it provided the frame work for coordination on the dnc leaks, kislyak's various meetings with Kushner, Flynn, Sessions etc etc.

Was this the "look we have powerful people who want to help if you can play ball on this stuff that's important to us" that informed all the later meetings

Jesus Christ! By the end of the day we're gonna find out there were more people at this meeting than at Trump's inauguration.

Not a difficult number to exceed.

Putin apparently hates the Magnitsky Act with a passion, but what did he think Trump was going to do? A president can't unilaterally repeal a bill, and as the 98-2 sanctions vote in the Senate shows, Congress has no inclination to repeal the act anyway.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They're pretty fucked huh?

It's either:

1) The guy knows it's a losing battle and wants out, or

2) The family (as has been reported) is nearly impossible to work with, not listening to legal advice and doing as they please.

Putin apparently hates the Magnitsky Act with a passion, but what did he think Trump was going to do? A president can't unilaterally repeal a bill, and as the 98-2 sanctions vote in the Senate shows, Congress has no inclination to repeal the act anyway.
Putin doesn't know why Trump can't just kill dissenting senators like in old country.

Not a difficult number to exceed.

The Trump White House can't repeal the Magnitsky act, but they could work with Russia to build work arounds to the point that it is completely subverted.

Putin wants to show that American democracy that is so lauded is easily manipulated. That democracy itself is over rated. That Americans are stupid.

Imagine how bad American Democracy will look when it is proven that Russia/Putin hatched a multi-year conspiracy to discredit Clinton, help elect Trump.

Putin could give two shits about Trump and sanctions.

Edit: MSNBC should be paying money for people like Stepth Smith not Megyn Kelly

Putin wants to show that American democracy that is so lauded is easily manipulated. That democracy itself is over rated. That Americans are stupid.

Imagine how bad American Democracy will look when it is proven that Russia/Putin hatched a multi-year conspiracy to discredit Clinton, help elect Trump.

Then why all the hoopla about the compounds and the sanctions? I agree that Putin wants to embarrass us and democracy in general, but let's not act as though the sanctions haven't motivated much of this plot.

Kusagari

I've heard a lot that Putin doesn't care about the broader sanctions at all but the Magnitsky Act specifically does piss the shit out of him.

So it makes sense that's the sanction we're hearing about them trying to get Trump to overturn.

Maybe, but all of that is only possible because the US as a whole has neglected itself for decades now. We never got over racism. We try to destroy K-12 education. We make college education unaffordable. We let corporations run rampant. We destroy workers rights. We let infrastructure collapse. We are obsessed with the military. The list goes on.

The only way Putin could succeed with something like that is because we were already very weak anyway.

Ooooh.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...est-7-14?t=1500064126406#update-1500064118000

MI-11: Fayrouz Saad, who is Detroit’s former director of immigration affairs, kicked off her campaign for the Democratic nomination on Thursday in Michigan’s 11th District, which includes Detroit’s affluent northwestern suburbs. Saad’s résumé includes working for the Department of Homeland Security and as the district director for a late state legislator from Dearborn. While she has previously organized for Democratic presidential campaigns in Michigan, this is her first time as a candidate herself. The Detroit News also recently reported that state Rep. Tim Greimel is considering running, but there’s no word from Greimel himself.

Saad will first have to get past former Obama administration official Haley Stevens to win the Democratic nomination to take on Republican Rep. Dave Trott here. Trott won his second term 53-40 last year in this heavily gerrymandered seat, which backed Trump 50-45 and Romney 52-47. However, it’s far and away the best-educated of Michigan’s 14 congressional districts, which could give Democrats an opening next year if the brewing backlash against Trump among college-educated voters translates into pain for downballot Republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom