• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that all correspondence probably gets addressed to the majority AND minority leader, but you gotta love how Chuck's name appears next to Mitch's as though Chuck contributed to this shitshow.

#bothsides forever, indeed.

This whole Trump Jr. thing is so stupid that in the back of my mind I'm still thinking, "so this was a part of some kind of plan right? They'll turn it around in some way so that they can say, see! The news was fake all along!"

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
This whole Trump Jr. thing is so stupid that in the back of my mind I'm still thinking, "so this was a part of some kind of plan right? They'll turn it around in some way so that they can say, see! The news was fake all along!"

Nope, it seems like they're just dumb.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I totally believe him. $100%.

For the Trump Jr. thing, I believe releasing the emails was done since they were about to have been released anyway, and they could try to downplay their relevance (Instead of try to say they are fake, then quickly get in trouble when proven to be real). The mistake they made is that while they likely all decided ahead of time on a consistent story, then completely fucked up communicating the story constantly.

Wilsongt

I totally believe him. $100%.

For the Trump Jr. thing, I believe releasing the emails was done since they were about to have been released anyway, and they could try to downplay their relevance (Instead of try to say they are fake, then quickly get in trouble when proven to be real). The mistake they made is that while they likely all decided ahead of time on a consistent story, then completely fucked up
communicating the story constantly.

They probably released them to give Hannity enough time to work on his ball washing and to dig up dirt on Hillary so he can play his "But let's focus on Hillary" card.

Ogodei

I just don't get it, no one supports this bill but here we are again

DEu-_6XW0AEhezv.jpg

DEu_A1-XoAAjwvU.jpg

Even big insurance hates it? It's even more of a giveaway to them than Obamacare was: folks required to buy in, 9x as much money in stabilization funds, fewer requirements on what the insurers have to do.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it just me, or did the Trump administration feel more insane than usual this week?

Yes, these things happen when your Russian Collusion plan starts to unravel and come out in the open before you have even gotten the Sanction repealed.

Hell, it likely has only stayed somewhat sane due to Trump shutting up for a few days, and flying to Paris on short notice to have a Military Parade.

Even big insurance hates it? It's even more of a giveaway to them than Obamacare was: folks required to buy in, 9x as much money in stabilization funds, fewer requirements on what the insurers have to do.

Guaranteed customers has allowed insurance companies to expand and allows them hire more people dealing with preventive care (which is cheaper than dealing with emergencies). This cuts them off as people will not be covered and will come less and less to their facilities.

Ogodei

Apparently Sandoval is still opposed but trying to get to yes, though Heller's getting pressure from the Right in Nevada. Meanwhile McConnell's telling him he'll help him get private sector work in 2019...

Getting to Yes sounds like the title of the worst political memoir of all time.

Apparently Sandoval is still opposed but trying to get to yes, though Heller's getting pressure from the Right in Nevada. Meanwhile McConnell's telling him he'll help him get private sector work in 2019...

Dean has a Moderate Darling on one shoulder and an evil turtle on the other.

GOP is really stretching its limits on how much they hate Obama, huh? Even after trying this long they refuse to give up, despite a coalition of governors, insurance companies and lobbying groups stacked against them. Literally the only reason this bill could pass is pent up racism. This was always true, but it's more obvious than before that literally no one on the entire planet other than GOP diehards want this, and even they can't make a rational case for it.
Getting to Yes sounds like the title of the worst political memoir of all time.
Or a date rape guide, which would be much more horrifying! So yeah, if only it were so innocent as a memoir on how to destroy the Senate. Can we turn this into a metaphorical rape joke against KahleidYouPlayedYourself.gif voters? Too late.

That is also why he is playing, well, the Trump card. The Gaullist tradition has tended not to appear reflexively anti-American but, rather, to allow French Presidents to deal with American Presidents on terms of equality—or, at least, cosmetic equality—as de Gaulle did with Kennedy, and Mitterrand did with Reagan, despite the discrepancy in their relative power. There has never been a more opportune moment for that than now, with America so clearly in decline in the eyes of the rest of the world, and Trump more isolated every day. Macron seems to believe that he has detected in Trump the same vulnerability that Obama thought he had: an absence of any beliefs or ideology, and a persona that turns on a desperate desire to be liked. Anyone who flatters Trump and treats him respectfully gets his good opinion and coöperation in return. (Canada’s Justin Trudeau is playing this card, too.) Since Trump seems to view life as a series of small brutal ballets of dominance—exemplified in comic form by his ongoing struggle with Macron for the superior handshake—Macron seems to imagine that he can be easily manipulated to France’s benefit.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/why-is-emmanuel-macron-being-so-nice-to-donald-trump

Saw a mailer today laying the groundwork for a Sheriff David Clarke senate run. It refers to him as the "Black John Wayne" multiple times and lists Dog the Bounty Hunter on his board of advisors. I laughed, and then I cried.

Hey look, they are assholes!

Members of Congress can now use their campaign war chests to pay for home security systems, and will not run afoul of rules against the personal use of campaign funds.

That's the ruling of the Federal Election Commission, issued earlier this week.

Previous FEC rulings had allowed lawmakers to tap campaign funds for homes security purposes, as long as they had received a specific threat.

Irving asked for a broader reading of the rules. He wrote that in the first six months of 2017, the Capitol Police investigated more than 900 different threats to lawmakers.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/14/53729...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170715

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mr.Shrugglesツ;243492450 said:
tumblr_mjk8iyEnPE1rr72w1o1_500.gif

1) this works on two levels

2) Just realized this is super imposed. I'm sure as shit smith wasn't about getting under that getup.

3) = (
Why'd you reverse the gif? Is this from a documentary?

*Rage against the machine lyrics quote*

Republicans on Twitter are losing their minds over the whole Shepard Smith thing - they all want him fired XD

I saw people posting comments a few days ago on someone’s tweet saying they stopped watching Fox because Chris Wallace and Shep have made the network too liberal...

Zolo

I saw people posting comments a few days ago on someone’s tweet saying they stopped watching Fox because Chris Wallace and Shep have made the network too liberal...

I've seen less hardcore republicans stop watching news a lot more in general. Retreat from news and not paying attention is also one of the responses that should be expected as news on the Russia case gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom