• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Banned
Pence openly targeted Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R), a vociferous opponent of the Republican health-care proposal, with inaccurate facts about Medicaid waiting lists for the disabled in Ohio.
Mr. Holy Roller hates the gays because he thinks his book says he should, yet he flagrantly lies without a second thought, ignoring how lying is a far more explicit sin in his book.

Brainwashing and racism is a hell of a thing.

Just look at Kentucky.
Hey, not that we aren't plenty brainwashed and racist, but at least one of our Republicans is voting against it. Sure, Rand is voting against it possibly for the right reasons that he won't acknowledge, wrapped in a layer of terrible reasons, but he *is* voting against it!

royalan

Mr. Holy Roller hates the gays because he thinks his book says he should, yet he flagrantly lies without a second thought, ignoring how lying is a far more explicit sin in his book.

One would almost believe that Pence's cartoonish hate for the gays comes a deeper place than his "belief" in a holy book...

🤔🤔🤔

One would almost believe that Pence's cartoonish hate for the gays comes a deeper place than his "belief" in a holy book...

������

You can stop with those nasty implications right now.

Pence and Mother radiate unbridled heterosexual passion. You can tell those uglies get bumped on the regular - in the missionary position and with the lights off, as God intended.

Why do you liberals always try to smear good family men?

FyreWulff

Yeah I'd consider HW the last 'good' Republican president if I had to rank them, but the Republicans want to disown him because he was one-term because they kept gloating about one-terming Carter.

@seungminkim
NEWS: @SenJohnMcCain had surgery yesterday to remove a blood clot above left eye. His office says he will be recovering in Arizona this week

tumblr_o40i9mEAg31v93l42o6_500.gif

kirblar

Are there any laws that stop them from voting via Skype?

Is there something stopping him from flying in with an eye-patch to vote? Chaffetz seemed fine wheeling himself into the House with a busted foot to vote for the House bill.
You are not gonna want to fuck with a blood clot in the head.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Are there any laws that stop them from voting via Skype?

Is there something stopping him from flying in with an eye-patch to vote? Chaffetz seemed fine wheeling himself into the House with a busted foot to vote for the House bill.
I believe senators cannot vote without being physically present except in the case of committee votes.

And the only thing stopping McCain from flying in is competent medical advice. For a man his age, you want him to rest and avoid complications.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I leave for 24 hours and all of a sudden the health care bill is passing according to GAF?

We should celebrate the fact that the public will now have time to digest the new bill and the CBO score.

This. Literally the only time this thing's made real progress is the one time they managed to blitz it through before a CBO score and before the general public noticed it might actually pass. A week long delay is basically a death sentence for this draft.

They'll keep trying, for sure, but we've gotten another stay.

I leave for 24 hours and all of a sudden the health care bill is passing according to GAF?

No it's done again.

faisal233

Fox news was on at this place I went to eat...

Opening monologue was about all the countries the US meddled in throughout it's history to justify Russian interference. Then claimed it was Obama that colluded with Russia and is buddy buddy with Putin...

Diablos

Fox news was on at this place I went to eat...

Opening monologue was about all the countries the US meddled in throughout it's history to justify Russian interference. Then claimed it was Obama that colluded with Russia and is buddy buddy with Putin...
But Fox has a liberal bias

Diablos

Real talk, I overheard a conversation at work a few months ago where this guy said something like "He was criticizing Trump so much, I just said to him 'you've been watching too much Fox.'"

These people.
I really think we're done as a country. The writing is on the wall every damn day and the wall is getting bigger (no pun intended)

Sandoval was being wishy-washy on it earlier but seems to still be against it and he probably takes Heller with him. Still don't have the votes.

But more recently McCain announced he had eye surgery and will be out of the Senate next week, so they can't vote on it. We just need to run out the clock.

Sandoval was being wishy-washy on it earlier but seems to still be against it and he probably takes Heller with him. Still don't have the votes.

But more recently McCain announced he had eye surgery and will be out of the Senate next week, so they can't vote on it. We just need to run out the clock.

An external filibuster, so to speak.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

An external filibuster, so to speak.

Interesting. I'm curious--why is there a deadline? Can't they just continue to push this thing after the next recess if they wish?

Diablos

Interesting. I'm curious--why is there a deadline? Can't they just continue to push this thing after the next recess if they wish?
Probably. They will never give up on it. Collins-Cassidy is our best hope. The future sucks!

They could just shelve it till 2018 like Newt suggested as well

They absolutely could, but fundamentally the pattern thus far has been:

1. Bill is written, mostly in secret
  2. Bill is shown to the public; pressure mounts against it, a non-critical number of lawmakers come out against it
  3. CBO score is shown to the public; resistance reaches fever pitch, lawmakers start fleeing
  4. Bill is forced to go through revisions, further delaying the entire Republican agenda
The only time that this pattern has failed is with the second House attempt where they dodged step 3 and just passed the thing. If this vote gets delayed until after the CBO score they basically have to go back to step 1, AGAIN. They don't even have enough votes to nuke the filibuster and force it through right now.

More time for the CBO score to sink in.

The CBO score is probably what killed the House bill initially.

My greatest fear is that Democrats win the House and the GOP passes something in the lame duck session out of spite.

I thought they needed a CBO score due to Senate Rules, did Turtle boy nix those?

There's a lot of confusion over this.

Functionally, the CBO still has to score the bill. The Cruz Amendment, though, is in this really weird place where the CBO may not even want to score it with the rest of the bill, since it lives in this really weird policy area for them. They've never really defined whether the plans it allows count as insurance.

So in the circumstance that the CBO issues a score on the bill w/o the Cruz amendment and the Senate takes the HHS score, they could maybe go forward. But that might not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom