• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
DE-8qsSUIAAJpv3.jpg:large

(Dems won't join in)

"Dems will join in"

Yeaaaahhh... about that

Barzul

Fareed Zakaria spitting hot truths on Trump simply not understanding any aspect of policy.

I knew he would jump to full repeal immediately.

Honestly, I think Trump would pass anything from "pray the cancer away" to single-payer if you put it in front of him, he just wants a fucking win and he wants a fucking win now.

Does anybody know any Dems who look like Kushner who we can alter, Ethan Hawke in Gattaca-style, to take his place and whisper sweet nothings of liberalism into Trump's ear, Wormtongue style? I think this would work.

Fareed Zakaria spitting hot truths on Trump simply not understanding any aspect of policy.

Fareed has really good things to say as commentator and I like the fact that he focuses his show on foreign power plays.

Ogodei

I wonder, if the Dems somehow managed to capture both chambers next year, that they could convince Trump to pass single payer by saying he'd go down as the most beloved president in US history (which, probably not, but if he did pass UHC he'd probably make top 15).

Watching Republicans fail in such a public, spectacular way at taking healthcare away from my epileptic brother-in-law is such deliciously intoxicating schadenfreude, it actually makes me somewhat understand why "let's piss off liberals" is apparently the only cohesive conservative worldview anymore.

Tommy DJ

Dude doesn't even understand what legislation is. He's basically as off hands as you can possibly be, its amazing that anyone is even supportive of this guy. When you listen to him speak, its some kid who didn't bother to read even the first chapter Huckleberry Finn.

I wonder, if the Dems somehow managed to capture both chambers next year, that they could convince Trump to pass single payer by saying he'd go down as the most beloved president in US history (which, probably not, but if he did pass UHC he'd probably make top 15).

They could probably talk him into passing single payer by telling him it's something Obama couldn't get done.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watching Republicans fail in such a public, spectacular way at taking healthcare away from my epileptic brother-in-law is such deliciously intoxicating schadenfreude, it actually makes me somewhat understand why "let's piss off liberals" is apparently the only cohesive conservative worldview anymore.

I wish liberals could find some cohesion using the idea of pissing off conservatives. Could get a lot of good shit done that way.

teiresias

"The ACA repeal now further imperiling the budget.

Jim Jordan asks why conservatives should go along with a budget after health care mess."

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/887142417576730624

Haha, get fucked GOP. I'd love to see them fuck up the budget with complete control over Congress. Of course I don't think either McConnell or Ryan are stupid enough to go to the brink with that, but I wouldn't put it past Trump to veto a deal the minute news coverage starts talking about the wins Democrats would have gotten in negotiations.

DE-8qsSUIAAJpv3.jpg:large

(Dems won't join in)

The main reason why the GOP can't win on this right now is because so many do not believe in regulation. Moreover, they think private US firms in this sector are doing a great job: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-belk/the-obomacare-paradox-the_b_8735042.html

If they made simple changes to their rhetoric and acknowledged that the government must intervene because firms are doing a poor job, then they could repeal and replace the Obamacare disaster.

Crocodile

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last time the Senate pushed back the August Recess was in 1993 when the Democratic Senate failed to push healthcare through? Time is flat, etc. etc.

Still we should stay vigilant though

teiresias

McConnell is going to try to one last time. Full repeal and delay. Won't work, which, he knows.

https://twitter.com/toddzwillich/status/887141966743470081

This doesn't read like repeal then work on a replacement, isn't he actually saying he wants to pass the House bill with an amendment to delay repeal of the ACA and implementation of the House bill for two years? There was no way they were going to be able to pass the previous House bill anyway, hence all this crap with coming up with a separate, more palatable Senate bill.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last time the Senate pushed back the August Recess was in 1993 when the Democratic Senate failed to push healthcare through? Time is flat, etc. etc.

Still we should stay vigilant though

That failure also saw pretty much every Democratic senator introducing a separate bill in a Hail Mary attempt to pass something.

benjipwns

Banned
Donald Trump fell out with Chris Christie, a new book reveals, by screaming at him: 'You know my number, just give it to the President, I don't want your f***ing phone'.

Trump became furious on election night when the New Jersey governor offered to use his own mobile phone to take a congratulatory call from Barack Obama.

As a germophobe he was also horrified at the idea of having Christie's phone next to his face.
Christie said: 'Hey Donald. The President talked to me earlier' - the two had gotten to know each other after Superstorm Sandy. Christie said: 'If you win he's going to call my phone, and I'll pass it over to you'.

Trump 'flashed a look of annoyance, clearly resenting the intrusion' and was repulsed by the idea of having somebody else's phone next to his face.

Trump told Christie: 'Hey Chris, you know my f***ing phone number. Just give it to the President. I don't want your f***ing phone'.

Aides said that Christie's move was the 'ultimate mistake' and one from which he 'wouldn't recover'.
this is the best

I just don't understand why he's deadset on self-immolation here. Unless he knows time is short (and not because of reconcilliation or that stuff either...)

After it failed the first time we were talking about McConnell stepping down

But failing a second time, he should seriously consider it. He's a massive failure and did irreparable damage to the GOP going into 2018.

He should step down for doing irrepairable harm to the Senate, but that's sadly not how the world works right now.

Chumly

A straight up repeal would be far more disastrous than trumpcare.

Once they repealed it nothing republicans offered up would even come close to providing enough support

bananas

Banned
Is Trump going to go two years without passing any meaningful legislation before the GOP losses control of the House?

Will his presidency literally be nothing but failures and the Russia collusion investigation?

sangreal

McConnell is going to try to one last time. Full repeal and delay. Won't work, which, he knows.

https://twitter.com/toddzwillich/status/887141966743470081

it's pretty clear where that dumb idea came from, and it isn't the far right senators who have been calling for it

I guess the only way to shut Trump up about it is to show him there is no appetite for it in the house or the Senate. Aside from Trump, Paul Ryan is the only other one stupid enough to think Democrats will support a new bill that doesn't start with the ACA

Funny thing is Trump is the one who torpedoed this plan back in January

Maxim726X

Is Trump going to go two years without passing any meaningful legislation before the GOP losses control of the House?

Will his this presidency literally be nothing but failures and the Russia collusion investigation?

It's getting close to that point already.

We're only a few months away from Congressional campaigns getting started, so you'll likely see even less get done.

this is the best

Is this stuff trustworthy? I remember tons of weird, sordid fiction written about the Clintons, like that Ed Klein guy:

Ed Klein said:
"You've thrown us in the crap again!" she screamed. "I've never been this pissed off at you! I don't think you really want me to be president."

Bill looked up over the rim of his eyeglasses, which were perched on the tip of his nose.

"Calm down," he said.

His air of nonchalance only made Hillary angrier, and with a sweeping motion of her arm, she shoved everything off the top of his desk, sending papers and an expensive piece of Chihuly blown glass flying onto the floor.

"Jesus!" Bill said.

He got up to retrieve the Chihuly sculpture, which fortunately wasn't damaged. He put it carefully back on his desk. He had one of the largest private collections of Chihuly glass in the country.

"You don't care about anything but that fucking piece of glass," Hillary said.

This doesn't read like repeal then work on a replacement, isn't he actually saying he wants to pass the House bill with an amendment to delay repeal of the ACA and implementation of the House bill for two years? There was no way they were going to be able to pass the previous House bill anyway, hence all this crap with coming up with a separate, more palatable Senate bill.
No, "vote to take up the House bill" is a procedural thing; he's going to replace the language with the repeal bill they voted for in 2015.

Which had a CBO score like this, BTW:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom