• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is McConnell ever going to give up on ACA repeal? At this point I'm not sure...

He's getting older and therefore getting more stubborn. If any of that conversation with his close colleague is true, he won't stop till he gets what is considered (likely to him) a milestone in his career. Or he gets dethroned by someone even further right.

daedalius

Kobach is running for KS governor. He's not giving that up for a post that will put him in legal jeapordy with this corrupt admin and to go through a senate confirmation fight that will be extremely rough and will air all of his dirty shit. He's only now getting the national spotlight with the election commission garbage.

I don't think he wins the Governorship either. He's running on continuing Brownback's horrid tax cuts and policies and I think Kansans (including Kansas R's) are about done with that shit.

Kansas elected new local reps to override Brownback's veto on the tax cuts, so yea, I'm pretty sure we're done with that shit.

What totally threw me was the story about Illinois being the most financially fucked up place in the US, I was for sure thinking it was kansas.

It's his own dumb ass' fault, too, for not having any sort of actual plan to vote on despite being majority leader for 3 years. The vindictive GOP of 2011 that swooped in everywhere on the state and federal level with template laws from right-wing think tanks would be ashamed.

@yashar
The Senate Judiciary committee is asking Don Jr to turn over any communications he had with Jill Stein....among others....

@yashar
Yashar Ali Retweeted Yashar Ali
Also "The Ritz Carlton Moscow Hotel" - referring to the hotel mentioned in the Steele dossier.

We are about to see a Presidency brought down by a cleaning bill.

G5LvkHq.gif

So random question (paging benjipwns): when was the last time a county changed its name? What was the context of that?

Because fucking Christ I'd love it if, in the middle of tearing down Confederate statues, we also took a look at whether we should have a Jefferson Davis county here in MS. It's not even just Davis Co or Jefferson Co! Gotta really make it clear who it's named after.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Re: Russiagate, I find it pretty surreal that practically every "out there" story reported by the lefty outlets from 2016 is being investigated. These stories were pushed aside as conspiracy tinfoil nonsense. I'm waiting for this piece to be proven true, reported by Mother Jones. The Don Jr meeting is prelude to it.

Mother Jones has reviewed that report and other memos this former spy wrote. The first memo, based on the former intelligence officer’s conversations with Russian sources, noted, “Russian regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting TRUMP for at least 5 years. Aim, endorsed by PUTIN, has been to encourage splits and divisions in western alliance.” It maintained that Trump “and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals.” It claimed that Russian intelligence had “compromised” Trump during his visits to Moscow and could “blackmail him.” It also reported that Russian intelligence had compiled a dossier on Hillary Clinton based on “bugged conversations she had on various visits to Russia and intercepted phone calls.”

The former intelligence officer says the response from the FBI was “shock and horror.” The FBI, after receiving the first memo, did not immediately request additional material, according to the former intelligence officer and his American associates. Yet in August, they say, the FBI asked him for all information in his possession and for him to explain how the material had been gathered and to identify his sources. The former spy forwarded to the bureau several memos—some of which referred to members of Trump’s inner circle. After that point, he continued to share information with the FBI. “It’s quite clear there was or is a pretty substantial inquiry going on,” he says.

Jill Stein? What?

I knew she was a Russian stooge, but if her ass gets implicated in all of this, I will cackle.

And this is after she fleeced thousands of despondent liberals into giving her money for a "recount."

@yashar
The Senate Judiciary committee is asking Don Jr to turn over any communications he had with Jill Stein....among others....

@yashar
Also "The Ritz Carlton Moscow Hotel" - referring to the hotel mentioned in the Steele dossier.

G5LvkHq.gif

I BELIEVE

And apparently adoption and/or the Magnitsky Act has become their euphemism for "treason," and for some reason they think we haven't caught on yet.

Why is treason in quotes? Trump came out in favor of sanctions this year.

Trump’s surprisingly strong statement in support of the law, called the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act, drew cautious praise Friday from the law’s main champion, Bill Browder, a British investment banker and fierce critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The law is named for Browder’s lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, who died in a Russian prison. At the time of his arrest, Magnitsky had been defending Browder against fraud charges and, in doing so, had collected evidence of a vast embezzlement scheme by Russian tax officials. Supporters of Russia in the U.S. Congress had tried, and failed, to remove Magnitsky’s name from the global law.

Trump’s letter accompanied a report on implementation of the law, under which 44 Russian citizens, including some high-level officials, have been blacklisted by the United States, barred from traveling there or maintaining any financial interests in the country.

http://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-crackdown-on-rights-abusers-in-russia/

If Jill Stein is implicated in this I have so much shit to talk.

I'm not surprised. The dossier specifically mentions Russia's funding left-wing groups to sow discontent and conflict in the Democratic coalition. They stoked the fires of the Bernie Bros, after all, and they probably directed Jill Stein to cause chaos on the left, too.

And the fact that the Judiciary Committee named the hotel... They know a lot more than we know.

Remember the end of A Few Good Men... When Cruise has the pilots come in and sit in courtroom?

It's going to be like that, except sub in Mueller and Russian Housekeepers.

UberTag

How could Stein NOT be implicated in this? The evidence is telling.

Remember the end of A Few Good Men... When Cruise has the pilots come in and sit in courtroom?

It's going to be like that, except sub in Mueller and Russian Housekeepers.
I'll be amused if Putin's cronies had the foresight to off Trump's hookers but had a complete blind spot about the cleaning crew.

Stein..BRUH imagine the Piss Tape being confirmed through the cleaning bill. "Don jr, is this cleaning bill normal? It looks to be a few thousand American dollars..." I'm hyped as fuck and it's not even midnight.

200.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Lol stein.

My dark horse theory is still that the meeting was set up with the pretext of "dirt on Clinton" but really they came to show the pee tapes to don jr.

You don't say "we have dirt on your dad and want a meeting to exert leverage."

Edit:
When don jr says they talked about "adoption" it was in the context of "Jesus Christ I wish I had been given up for adoption."

Kansas elected new local reps to override Brownback's veto on the tax cuts, so yea, I'm pretty sure we're done with that shit.

What totally threw me was the story about Illinois being the most financially fucked up place in the US, I was for sure thinking it was kansas.

Illinois has a bunch of structural problems with its finances that are difficult to fix because of our horrid state constitution. Then on top of that we had the self-inflicted wound that is the two year long budget stalemate that was only broken this month because the legislature cobbled together enough votes to override Rauner's veto.

I was thinking yesterday that we'd gone a while without an "Is [Admin Official X] Losing Favor?" story. Dumb palace intrigue, but luckily the details in the interview are outrageous enough, it wasn't just because he didn't like the media presence of Mr. Jefferson Beauregard Stonewall Lee Forrest Bragg Longstreet Booth Simmons Griffith Sessions VIII.

Time magazine cover next week for Little Jeffrey.

Do it do it do it do it do it.

@yashar

@yashar

G5LvkHq.gif

M24uddA.gif

Oh lordy...I know we're racing against time here, and that procecutions take time to square away but...so many tangled threads are being tugged and alot of dirty laundry once hinted at in the darkest corners of conspiracy are now tumbling into the light.

That the Ritz Moscow is mentioned at all by name should be a 100% confirmation that the tape is real.
Please please take down Stein.
If Jill Stein is implicated in this I have so much shit to talk.
INFINITE fuel for shitting on Stein voters. Oh my god. Please happen. Also, I think I'll go punch Nader in the dick for old time's sake. Still never forgiving that man. Stein followed that same playbook to ruin an election.

Final twist: It's actually Putin who bought Sanders his summer lake home, so there's no need for the FBI to investigate him or his wife.
I'm 100% kidding.

Lol stein.

My dark horse theory is still that the meeting was set up with the pretext of "dirt on Clinton" but really they came to show the pee tapes to don jr.

You don't say "we have dirt on your dad and want a meeting to exert leverage."

Nah, Russians did have dirt on Clinton and probably still do. Remember, just hours after Don Jr's meeting with the Russians, Trump Sr goes to a campaign rally and promises that Hillary is going to be exposed or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I half expect Sanders to actually be involved in all this. He had the Russian disinformation campaign putting their support behind him, as testified by Comey in his first public House Hearing about the Russian Election interference. While it was likely a one sided affair just to weaken Hillary's position, I am still remain skeptical.

Nah, Russians did have dirt on Clinton and probably still do. Remember, just hours after Don Jr's meeting with the Russians, Trump Sr goes to a campaign rally and promises that Hillary is going to be exposed or something.

The dossier says that Russia has some "incidental communications" collected during Hillary's visits - probably just phone calls. Who knows about the emails.

And if Bernie's name pops up, OT will be a war zone.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

But what was the dirt? Why did they never release it? Seems really weird. They release Podesta's emails full of nothing but sat on that.

That the Ritz Moscow is mentioned at all by name should be a 100% confirmation that the tape is real.

INFINITE fuel for shitting on Stein voters. Oh my god. Please happen. Also, I think I'll go punch Nader in the dick for old time's sake. Still never forgiving that man. Stein followed that same playbook to ruin an election.

Final twist: It's actually Putin who bought Sanders his summer lake home, so there's no need for the FBI to investigate him or his wife.
I'm 100% kidding.

Except Stein's votes don't put Hillary over-the-top.

pigeon

Banned
I half expect Sanders to actually be involved in all this. He had the Russian disinformation campaign putting their support behind him, as testified by Comey in his first public House Hearing about the Russian Election interference. While it was likely a one sided affair just to weaken Hillary's position, I am still remain skeptical.

This seems pretty out there to me. I don't see any reason to think Bernie would work with foreign powers.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I know I was joking.

I think their big dirt" on Hillary was disinformation (the laundering Russian money to dnc). The already has theDNC emails at that point. Trump wanted hillary's "missing" emails, and it wouldn't surprise me if they asked Russia for help on that privately (besides very public ally by trump lol). But trumps and idiot and didn't realize there was no way to get those emails with the server offline for years at that point.

Effect

I'm going to need to get this NYTimes interview covered for me tomorrow. There is so much WTFness in it. Didn't the last time he did something like this it turn out really bad for him? I can't believe he was willing to do another interview like this.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
But what was the dirt? Why did they never release it? Seems really weird. They release Podesta's emails full of nothing but sat on that.
A lot of "dirt" was probably disinformation. It doesn't mean it wasn't spread, it just probably wasn't true. See pizzagate, the kid who got killed, bogus money laundering claims etc.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Honestly, Trump's English is so poor it's hard to parse this enough to believe he's admitting anything instead of just speaking wildly in different tenses.

@yashar
Has there been any suggestion that such communications might exist?

Tarydax

Banned

For all his faults, he's never struck me as anti-American, unlike Stein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom