• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life in NC continues to be rad as my girlfriends family attempted to make us watch 2016. I refused because it is a crappy propaganda film and now they are talking about how the devil is inside me and I need prayer.
you want universal healthcare. How come that can't be jesus in you?

But what if Romney wins California?

But what if I'm really Angelina Jolie masturbating to your posts?

it's true, I am

President Obama is clinging to a slender, four-point lead over Republican Mitt Romney in Virginia, as both sides ramp up already aggressive campaigns in the crucial battleground state, according to a new Washington Post poll.

This fucking media! MoE of 3.5. He's like 87% to win in this poll! BOOOO. "slender" lead.

Anything under 8 is small to these people.

Cloudy

Banned
I love the wording in the WaPo poll. Obama at 51-47 is "clinging" (2 consecutive months over 50 in a state Romney MUST win) yet Romney at 50-47 once in their national poll is cause for blaring headlines

HylianTom

Banned
Wow. Apparently, Obama's voters are more likely to say they're "very excited" - 70%, compared to 56% for Romney's voters.

Interesting. Indeed. I wonder how things would look with Goode included..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
uSHWY.png

OH YEAH

*Bursts through brick wall like Kool-Aid Man*

with a tie from Gravis and +4 from WaPo, 538 should increase Obama's Va lead and percentages to win.

Daily trackers basically unchanged so far.

Only thing is the Ras NC poll. But that's the same as before. Same with the other NC poll so that might not change at all or just slightly (since newer polls).

Hopefully he crosses 75% to win today.

Also:
Yahoo! News ‏@YahooNews
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's eldest daughter was airlifted to a Miami hospital after being in a car accident: http://yhoo.it/SitNRL

:(

Cheebo

Banned
Biggest paper in Iowa endorses Romney after hurting Obama with the "off the record" flap

http://ow.ly/eOWV9

First time they picked a republican in 40 years.

People usually mock paper endorsements, and they are right to do so. The Register is one of the few where this is not the case. They got a lot of sway in Iowa. Their endorsement of Obama in the 2008 primaries was huge remember.

Kusagari

I just noticed that Sun Sentinel, the biggest paper in Broward County, backed Romney because he's a "businessman" and can fix the economy. This is in spite of the rest of the endorsement talking about the various problems Romney's presidency can bring since the paper considers itself socially liberal. Then they backed pretty much straight democrat everywhere else.

Lol. Thankfully we're the most pro democrat county in Florida to begin with. Won't mean anything.

Clevinger

People usually mock paper endorsements, and they are right to do so. The Register is one of the few where this is not the case. They got a lot of sway in Iowa. Their endorsement of Obama in the 2008 primaries was huge remember.

Captain Bummer is on duty, I see.

so bad news?

cDNA

Hmm, I am pretty sure they endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2008. I am surprised they endorsed Romney after lying during his interview about his position related to abortion.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Wow. Their whole justification is that Romney has economic fairy dust that will cause the economy to go up as soon as he's elected, and that no, really, he was only pretending to be right-wing and once he's in office it'll all be cool.

Awful.

Thatsthetroll
The failure to articulate an actual economic vision, and instead appeal to the confidence fairy as the path toward growth, is truly pathetic when so much is on the line this election.

Jackson50

This is the greatest untold story of the past few weeks. Romney's picking up key newspaper endorsements in the swing states. This is genuinely bad news.
This plus an overtime win for my Spartans have been nice bonuses to an already good birthday.
Damn straight. And happy birthday.
Life in NC continues to be rad as my girlfriends family attempted to make us watch 2016. I refused because it is a crappy propaganda film and now they are talking about how the devil is inside me and I need prayer.

Why did I move here? I can't wait for that Obama victory.
My family normally refrains from discussing politics with me as I promptly dispatch whatever prattle they've acquired from FNC that day. However, they always become aggressive around an election. And they've been haranguing me about that damn movie for a week.

I really really don't understand this. At this point I think he could go on TV and spend an hour insulting her and calling her every derogatory negative you could think of to insult a woman in general and that number wouldn't change. I really don't understand republican women. From saying they don't have a right to control what happens to their own bodies (I hope republicans were all about personal freedom and small government) to openly admitting it's okay to pay a woman less for the same work as a man. Many (of all age groups it seems) still seem okay with voting for the man saying all this crap.
A fair number of people think abortion = murder. If you buy into that 100% then who else can you vote for besides mitt? I think that drives about 37% of the vote.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This fucking media! MoE of 3.5. He's like 87% to win in this poll! BOOOO. "slender" lead.

Anything under 8 is small to these people.
Well, to take a step back here, a more fundamental problem is that we're awash in polls but few are really sampling that well. MoE is plus or minus for the individual given figures in the poll, so it's like they're providing themselves with polls that don't easily show significant differences. It's pretty much the definition of quantity over quality, all in the service of 24hour horse race reporting.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Cheebs, please correct me if I misspeak here:

1) The Des Moines Register picked Hillary Clinton in the caucus. Second source is available here.

2) On what grounds are you saying that the Register has sway in Iowa?

3)

SwFyW.gif

Cloudy

Banned
That DMR endorsement is pretty galling when you think about it. Romney may be a liar and a fraud but he just did it to win the nomination? No mention of the wind energy tax credits that he wants to gut?

Actually the DMR endorsed Hillary Clinton

Obama fucked up by asking for an off the record interview

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is the greatest untold story of the past few weeks. Romney's picking up key newspaper endorsements in the swing states. This is genuinely bad news. Damn straight. And happy birthday.My family normally refrains from discussing politics with me as I promptly dispatch whatever prattle they've acquired from FNC that day. However, they always become aggressive around an election. And they've been haranguing me about that damn movie for a week.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/2012_newspaper_endorsements.php Here's a full list, if anyone is curious.

Obama's arrogance probably cost him the DMR endorsement. They seem to be quite a liberal paper, it's the only explanation. If Romney had demanding off the record editor discussions with papers, you guys would be laughing at him.

Oh well, he better hope his early voting lead is solid enough to stem the landslide most polls show will go Romney's way on election day in Iowa

So the only ones that went from Obama last time to Romney are:

Houston Chronicle
Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, TX)
Orlando Sentinel
Sun-Sentinel (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
The Tennessean
Daily News (Los Angeles, CA)
Press-Telegram (Los Angeles County, CA)
and now the Des Moines Register.

Eight changes, five of which are in states where there is already a clear winner

Puddles

Banned
I think it's important to note that if Obama wins Virginia, he won't be fucked if Sandy flips PA. He can even lose PA and CO in that scenario, provided he keeps Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom