• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
So the only ones that went from Obama last time to Romney are:

Houston Chronicle
Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, TX)
Orlando Sentinel
Sun-Sentinel (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
The Tennessean
Daily News (Los Angeles, CA)
Press-Telegram (Los Angeles County, CA)
and now the Des Moines Register.

Eight changes, five of which are in states where there is already a clear winner

What the hell, Los Angeles.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it's important to note that if Obama wins Virginia, he won't be fucked if Sandy flips PA. He can even lose PA and CO in that scenario, provided he keeps Ohio.

Sandy's flippin everything

Cloudy

Banned
Obama's arrogance probably cost him the DMR endorsement. They seem to be quite a liberal paper, it's the only explanation. If Romney had demanding off the record editor discussions with papers, you guys would be laughing at him.

Oh well, he better hope his early voting lead is solid enough to stem the landslide most polls show will go Romney's way on election day in Iowa

I don't get why they are giving interviews everywhere but went off the record with a newspaper. Still, it's pathetic for a paper to agree to an OTR interview and then force a release by publicizing it. If they really endorsed Romney because of that, they're idiots

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've decided that Ovide Lamontagne is the weirdest name of anyone running for office this year.

We had an election in June for a Superior Court position with a guy named Gary Kreep vs. a guy named Garland Peed.

Kreep won this election, despite being an open Birther who attempted to sue Obama to get him out of office - most critics agree that he won the election due to people ironically voting for a judge named "Kreep."

Virginia is looking good all of a sudden. The WaPo poll means the PPP poll isn't an outlier. Combine that with the right leaning Gravis poll having it tied today and Ras only showing it as Romney +2, it's fairly obvious Obama is leading Virginia at this moment

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
If Romney's entire strategy at this point is to act like he's winning, then maybe he should start campaigning in New York and California. If he claims that he's contesting those states, then who's going to call him out on it? The media?

ivysaur12

Banned
Virginia is looking good all of a sudden. The WaPo poll means the PPP poll isn't an outlier. Combine that with the right leaning Gravis poll having it tied today and Ras only showing it as Romney +2, it's fairly obvious Obama is leading Virginia at this moment

Yup. A little after 7:30EST, this race could be... OHVA.

I don't get why they are giving interviews everywhere but went off the record with a newspaper. Still, it's pathetic for a paper to agree to an OTR interview and then force a release by publicizing it. If they really endorsed Romney because of that, they're idiots
Perhaps some of Obama's policies were taxing their support for him, and the OTR interview was the last straw. That's the only scenario that makes sense to me, because it strikes me as somewhat petty to endorse Romney only because of an OTR interview.

Or maybe immigration is a touchy subject in Iowa?

AniHawk

If Romney's entire strategy at this point is to act like he's winning, then maybe he should start campaigning in New York and California. If he claims that he's contesting those states, then who's going to call him out on it? The media?

i was in palos verdes today and saw signs for romney/ryan in front of $2-3m houses. republican momentum building in california?

i was in palos verdes today and saw signs for romney/ryan in front of $2-3m houses. republican momentum building in california?

I was talking to my friend who's a grad student at UCLA

he told me that the local college republican chapter got 50k signatures in support of a Romney rally on campus

pigeon

Banned
Sandy's flipping all of New England too.

To clarify, it's not that New England will go red because of Sandy, it's that Sandy will literally uproot all of New England and rotate it 180 degrees, burying thousands of people under the earth.

Which would be bad news for Obama.

markatisu

Living in Iowa its hard to see why the DSM waited so long, a large part of the population has already voted.

Not to mention Romney is against the wind credit, and that is the single most important issue to Iowans. It brought corporations to Iowa and provided partnerships for the local communities, which needed that revenue thanks to the hit farmers have taken the past few years due to drought.

ivysaur12

Banned
Living in Iowa its hard to see why the DSM waited so long, a large part of the population has already voted.

Not to mention Romney is against the wind credit, and that is the single most important issue to Iowans. It brought corporations to Iowa and provided partnerships for the local communities, which needed that revenue thanks to the hit farmers have taken the past few years due to drought.

It's true. It's made up for the all the jobs that the gays have stolen.

HylianTom

Banned
It'll take rural counties longer to get service restored. Remember this.

Look at me, I'm Sandy (D).
Lousy with rural counties..
Won't go to bed with Mitt Romney ahead!
I can't - I'm Sandy (D)!

7he Talon

I don't live in the U.S, so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to who's winning the polls. Anyone know a good website that has an overall result of the current polls?

Diablos

First time they picked a republican in 40 years.

People usually mock paper endorsements, and they are right to do so. The Register is one of the few where this is not the case. They got a lot of sway in Iowa. Their endorsement of Obama in the 2008 primaries was huge remember.
Good news for Obama

Do these polls include Goode? If he gets 1 or 2% that could be the election.

579422_494282957256759_677566939_n.png

HylianTom

Banned
Do these polls include Goode? If he gets 1 or 2% that could be the election.
That's what I'm thinking. Between Goode, these recent polls, and the ground advantage, I'm feeling really damn confident about VA all of a sudden. Not "OH/NV-confident," but confident nonetheless.

Looking more at that Virginia poll...it seems quite attack-proof. The dem sample isn't too big, in fact it's smaller than in 08.

I tend to think Virginia is virtually tied, but it's very possible Hispanics and black turnout will exceed LV model projections and give Obama a 2% win. Same in Colorado.

Odrion

Banned
Wow, a conservative political cartoon that doesn't have a totally racist caricature of Barack Obama? And it's on Unskewedpolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom