• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only get to crow if you weren't AWOL during the actual campaign. Only AB and the few others get to crow :p
Sadly this won't stop lurkers from coming in and laughing. Just look at non-poligaf threads in ot and how there's plenty more who are willing to come out of the woodworks if they smell blood.
If Romney wins we all have a lot more to worry about then virtual crow served up by the 4 uber conservative GAF members and PD lol
E-cred and e-penis lenght and girth is the only thing that maters in life!

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
While you guys freak out over polls and storms I am trying to figure out how Romney got me to like his facebook page.

I am here in deep red Texas and still have not take advantage of early voting. I will possibly vote either tomorrow or Tuesday. I have an issue that may or may not be a problem. My polling is based on my previous address. Moved 3 or so years ago, my license has the updated address but polling location still out in the boonies. Its in the same county...so does anyone know if this would pose an issue?

syllogism

Just because an event occurs doesn't mean you get to gloat if the reasonable interpretation of the evidence at hand indicated that event being quite unlikely. You reached the illogical conclusion, either by willingly ignoring evidence or by not believing it. Congrats if that happens, I guess. Of course, you can gloat that the candidate that you were supporting won, but that's not really serving crow.

i wake up only to find out that all the major iowa newspapers endorsed Romney, Ohio is now tied, and both ppp and ABC giving romney a lead. haven't even looked at the NWS update, but i'm guessing its bad too.

Can't Obama catch a break? ffs.

Well, I mean it makes sense. Given the historical nature of Sandy's strength and path, it could disrupt power for millions of people in the area around Philadelphia, making them lose track of what day it is. When they do finally get power back, they'll forget to set their clocks back. Thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands of voters will arrive at polling stations thinking they have an hour left to vote, then realize they've missed the deadline.

Well, I mean it makes sense. Given the historical nature of Sandy's strength and path, it could disrupt power for millions of people in the area around Philadelphia, making them lose track of what day it is. When they do finally get power back, they'll forget to set their clocks back. Thousands, potentially hundreds of voters will arrive a polling stations thinking they have an hour left to vote, then realize they've missed the deadline.

Yep :( Romney gonna get Ohio, Penn, AND New York!

While you guys freak out over polls and storms I am trying to figure out how Romney got me to like his facebook page.

I am here in deep red Texas and still have not take advantage of early voting. I will possibly vote either tomorrow or Tuesday. I have an issue that may or may not be a problem. My polling is based on my previous address. Moved 3 or so years ago, my license has the updated address but polling location still out in the boonies. Its in the same county...so does anyone know if this would pose an issue?
You can see from where your last logins were somewhere in the privacy panel or something like that. otherwise contact fb and request information. If you live with housemates/family and your Facebook is always logged in then yeah... Look closer to home.

Chumly

In all seriousness it's good that a significant chuck of Iowans have already voted for Obama making the newspaper endorsements not as potent.

Link

The Autumn Wind
What if the jobs report shows unemployment skyrocketing to 20%?
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but do we have any idea of how the jobs report might look? Would all the money being spent by the campaigns help it at all?

pigeon

Banned
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but do we have any idea of how the jobs report might look? Would all the money being spent by the campaigns help it at all?

Based on all the other economic indicators, I expect a good report. Everything's going up more than expected, probably because of QE3.

Chumly

Its just a sucky thing, apart from that FMR endorsed Hillary and that did not have any effect

I would tend to agree that it doesn't have that big of effect but if its coming down to winning a state by 1-2 percentage points potentially I'd rather not run the risk of seeing how much newspapers endorsements can affect the outcome.

Trurl

Banned
Prediction: Romney will largely approve of the administration's response to Sandy, but will claim that a Romney administration would have done the same response sooner, better, bigger.

Prediction: Romney will largely approve of the administration's response to Sandy, but will claim that a Romney administration would have done the same response sooner, better, bigger.
He politicized the death of us diplomats without there being a clear understanding of what even happened. I'm certain they're already coming up with narratives to push.

teiresias

He would have gotten the power back on before it went out - in fact, before the storm even initially formed.

Why is he visiting PA though? We all would agree that if Ryan went to campaign to PA its fool's gold for Romney, we said the same about Ann Romney being there some weeks back.

At this point you can't take any chances. Leave no stone unturned. Also, because of Sandy I'm thinking there may have been campaign reschedules.

markatisu

Why is he visiting PA though? We all would agree that if Ryan went to campaign to PA its fool's gold for Romney, we said the same about Ann Romney being there some weeks back.

Because its a campaign and you want to shore up every place you can, Obama is visiting states he really does not have to for the same reason.

You never take anything for granted, so your saying just because they pretty much have PA in the bag they should completely ignore it? You don't think keeping the base motivated to make sure they get to the polls a good thing to do?

Wow normally I indulge your chicken little diablos like postings but seriously, what Biden is doing is straight out of the how to campaign 101 book

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
TmhKAl.jpg

I know these events are totally pointless but I can't help but go lol. Really in it to see Bill anyway. Not really sure why he's in Florida, I don't think hes going to win it but evidently they think otherwise.

(also shit pic, vita is the only thing I have on me right now :<)

So really there has been no big presence from any type of civilian organisations or group to swing this election. No big tea party rallies, no anarchists, no nothing. The whole narrative around this election has been dominated by the media and campaigns. The people have not raised there voices or made themselves heard. What a sad state of affairs.

Cloudy

Banned
k...WTF again?

Now I don't know how confident Obama's camp really is, privately about this election

Does Ryan going to Alabama mean Romney's not confident there?. If Obama/Romney are NOT in a state these next 9 days, either they are confident of winning it or they have written it off...

gkryhewy

TmhKAl.jpg

I know these events are totally pointless but I can't help but go lol. Really in it to see Bill anyway. Not really sure why he's in Florida, I don't think hes going to win it but evidently they think otherwise.

(also shit pic, vita is the only thing I have on me right now :<)

OMG, why is he in florida when he clearly needs to defend PA and Ohio? Panic!

syllogism

PA senate race has looked a bit more competitive, so perhaps driving up dem turnout could be one of the reasons. Whatever the reason, it's not because they are worried about losing the state

http://i.imgur.com/TmhKAl.jpg[IMG]

I know these events are totally pointless but I can't help but go lol. Really in it to see Bill anyway. [B]Not really sure why he's in Florida,[/B] I don't think hes going to win it but evidently they think otherwise.

(also shit pic, vita is the only thing I have on me right now :<)[/QUOTE]

Why Bill is in Florida? Senior vote most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom