• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My parents are both educated liberal self-employed artists who are staunchly pro-Obama for many reasons, incredibly enthusiastic about him specifically because of healthcare reform, and absolutely terrified and baffled that Romney is an actual viable candidate. My mother, one of the most tolerant and cannily intelligent women I know, has started referring to people as idiots because she's so amazed that people will vote for Romney

Tendo

Latest things I'm hearing are "the south will rise again" if Obama wins. It's gross.

You can't communicate with these people. They won't listen to how Obamacare really works. Or how the pres doesnt choose gas prices. Or why we cant just bomb everyone.

Why are they allowed to reproduce. :(

Although there is a sick side of me that will enjoy their reactions to an Obama win.

My parents are both educated liberal self-employed artists who are staunchly pro-Obama for many reasons, incredibly enthusiastic about him specifically because of healthcare reform, and absolutely terrified and baffled that Romney is an actual viable candidate. My mother, one of the most tolerant and cannily intelligent women I know, has started referring to people as idiots because she's so amazed that people will vote for Romney

That's kinda my stance.

Voting against Obama is one thing but voting FOR Romney is hilarious.

I wonder how many people supporting Romney actually like him and his policies?

I'm sure a ton of Dems voted for Kerry simply because he wasn't Bush and because they actually liked him.

ZeroRay

My parents and everyone in my circle of friends is Democrat.

Well, except this one guy, but from what I've seen I'm assuming he just supports Republican fiscal policy, rather than social.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Latest things I'm hearing are "the south will rise again" if Obama wins. It's gross.

You can't communicate with these people. They won't listen to how Obamacare really works. Or how the pres doesnt choose gas prices. Or why we cant just bomb everyone.

Although there is a sick side of me that will enjoy their reactions to an Obama win.

It's not sick...ok maybe it's a little sick. Then again if they're that dumb they kinda deserve to be let down. God knows we'll all be drinking those delicious salty-ass tears.

I would fucking love to meet your parents. Goddamn. Granted, my parents are voting for Obama too, but they're extremely socially conservative religious types.

HylianTom

Banned

They aren't going to rise again. These folks wheeze and cough and gag if you make them walk much further than the distance from the house to the mailbox. They'll bitch and whine, maybe buy a few more boxes of ammo and camouflage costuming, turn on Fox to nod at Hannity and his ghoulish friends, and do nothing.

My parents and everyone in my circle of friends is Democrat.

Well, except this one guy, but from what I've seen I'm assuming he just supports Republican fiscal policy, rather than social.

Remember that time the "fiscally conservative Republicans" had a budget surplus?

Wait, wat?

Tendo

It's not sick...ok maybe it's a little sick. Then again if they're that dumb they kinda deserve to be let down. God knows we'll all be drinking those delicious salty-ass tears.

I hope so. Just dissppointing that so many adults are clueless and proud of it. Copping attitude that they weren't brainwashed at a liberal university like bettering yourself is evil. Unemployed with no skill set or motivation and they blame Obama. Yup. Totally his fault.

Anywho - any recent Colorado or Nevada numbers? My crazy racist uncle lives in NV and I want that state to go blue so bad.

They aren't going to rise again. These folks wheeze and cough and gag if you make them walk much further than the distance from the house to the mailbox. They'll bitch and whine, maybe buy a few more boxes of ammo and camouflage costuming, turn on Fox to nod at Hannity and his ghoulish friends, and do nothing.

Whelp you just pegged this area. They bitch and moan but won't do a damn thing to improve the area. To busy praying to Jesus to fix their problems for them. Like mitt is such a Christian choice. I forgot about how Jesus only healed rich lepers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I hope so. Just dissppointing that so many adults are clueless and proud of it. Copping attitude that they weren't brainwashed at a liberal university like bettering yourself is evil. Unemployed with no skill set or motivation and they blame Obama. Yup. Totally his fault.

Anywho - any recent Colorado or Nevada numbers? My crazy racist uncle lives in NV and I want that state to go blue so bad.

I'm pretty sure Obama is up in Colorado (just barely), but I can't say I remember the NV polling data. Fair to say that goes blue as well, not enough Mormons in NV to carry the state.

Cloudy

Banned
http://news.yahoo.com/advantage-obama-hunt-270-electoral-votes-163526687--election.html

afc8ecd463b7481e1f0f6a706700ced6.jpg

AP has OH leaning Obama. Then again, they don't need to keep ratings up like the rest of the media

I'm gonna hedge a little - 303-235. My call before the debates was obama winning FL but whatever.

Virginia called at 11:15 pm est.

Obama 50.5 Romney 48.4 third party 1.1

Edit: Screw it 332-206 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Diablos

When you consider Sandy is hitting every Dem stronghold in the Northeast -- that is, Delmarva, Eastern PA, NYC, New England -- is it really crazy to assume it could flip a state depending on how bad one or all of those areas get hit? If it's as bad as I've been reading about, the effects of this storm are going to be felt well beyond election day. 60-75mph winds sustained for over 18 hours is serious business.

Jackson50

Tellingly, even as the influence of his initial assumptions diminishes, Linzer's model still projects a sizable victory for Obama. Moreover, Obama's position should be secure as there are no problematic hiccups in the interim; no, Sandy's not a threat. From a scholarly perspective, it's great that he's applying the model without presuming absolute determinacy.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Great interview.

I'm really interested in seeing how the right reacts to a non-black democratic presidential candidate in 2016. If the next dem after obama isn't black they're gonna be hard pressed to do all this racial baiting. If its a women they'd risk pissing women off and if its an hispanic they risk that crucial voting bloc and if its a white guy then they can't really go after anything but the old "tax and spend liberal."
I'm actually hoping to see a Hillary Clinton/Deval Patrick (or Julian Castro assuming he can win the governorship) ticket.

When you consider Sandy is hitting every Dem stronghold in the Northeast -- that is, Delmarva, Eastern PA, NYC, New England -- is it really crazy to assume it could flip a state depending on how bad one or all of those areas get hit? If it's as bad as I've been reading about, the effects of this storm are going to be felt well beyond election day. 60-75mph winds sustained for over 18 hours is serious business.

I'm really starting to think you are just a concern troll now.

The election is over a week away.

If it was this Tuesday, sure, your concerns might have some merit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

How many times do you have to be wrong before you realize there's something wrong with you, not the world?

My granddaddy just said half the Army is full of gays. That's a new one.

Don't ask, just swell.

Miletius

They'll have about a week to clean up and get everything back to normal. Sandy having an impact on the election is just a media fever dream -- storm systems come and go.

The people in NV don't understand what to do around rain. They probably think the apocalypse is coming.
The Right will still vote because of their faith in God while the left will stay home, thereby giving the state to Romney and the election, therebyy ushering in the Age of Freedom and Tea Party Leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom