• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My sources tell me that due to this poll Obama has cancelled his appearance in Orlando tomorrow and is just gonna go back to the white house and chill for the rest of the week.

More Mittmentum inbound.

Truth is Obama's going to NYC so he can activate his weather machine and get rid of Sandy. Dat new secret NASA project tech

oh man and unskewedpolls tells me PPP's Florida polls are hardly skewed at all!

Wait. Seriously?

9rTmK.png

If I could gif K Rool Laughing I would

So going back to Romney's Jeep/China comment.

IYh9j.png

oH6Dj.png

Anybody know what BB and Marshall are talking about? I don't have cable – is this making the rounds there?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So going back to Romney's Jeep/China comment.

IYh9j.png

oH6Dj.png

Anybody know what BB and Marshall are talking about? I don't have cable – is this making the rounds there?

Dunno, CNN and everyone else seems to be all over Sandy. Unless it's a real big lie from Mitt and Sandy doesn't do much I doubt we'll hear about it a whole lot.

yea dude. Check this out:

http://www.unskewedpolls.com/florida.cfm

PPP 10/17 - 10/18 800 LV 4.0 +0 D +1 R 47.0 48.0 Romney +1

oh shiii

That says Romney +1 not Obama +1 doesn't it?

HylianTom

Banned
I'm ready for Election Night. Even if states like Florida and North Carolina are just "too close to call," it'll be a sign of a good night.

This is consistent with a Romney +2 lead.

Don't mean to pour water on the reactions here, but Romney has been consistently polling ahead so an outcome like this is consistent with Romney being up by a slight number.

That's not to say Obama can't be up. But this is a good poll as the race might have tightened a bit.

About 2 of the last 15 polls have shown Obama ahead. I'd say right now Romney is about +1-2. But it's certainly close and the hispanic vote might be underrated, of course.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I was pretty sure Florida was going to go red, but now it seems more likely that Obama is tied or a little behind, which is actually a pretty good position to be in with his ground game. This state just got more interesting.

kingkitty

I think I'm obsessed with Dick Morris.

I've been watching all his youtube videos. He tries so hard to look confident towards Mitt's chances, as if he is the guy who has some secret, holy internals that showed him the non-liberal, unskewed*, undeniable, truth. These internals that are so rock solid that it convinced Dick Morris to make such wild predictions in his sweaty vlogs which include Romney easily sweeping the electoral map, flipping states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin into a safe republican paradise.

he also wears the same shirt but in a different color in every vid.

*i really hope he isn't actually basing all of this on unskewed's data

Don't mean to pour water on the reactions here, but Romney has been consistently polling ahead so an outcome like this is consistent with Romney being up by a slight number.

That's not to say Obama can't be up. But this is a good poll as the race might have tightened a bit.

About 2 of the last 15 polls have shown Obama ahead. I'd say right now Romney is about +1-2. But it's certainly close and the hispanic vote might be underrated, of course.

51R-45O

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...s-9-poll-i-4-voters-back-romney-51-45/1258459

Romney has pretty much nailed down Florida," said Brad Coker of Mason-Dixon Polling and Research, which conducted the poll for the Times and its media partners.

Re-read the poll. It's 51-45 along the Interstate Highway 4. Not all of Florida.

An exclusive Tampa Bay Times/Bay News 9 poll of likely voters along the Interstate 4 corridor finds Romney leading Obama 51 percent to 45 percent, with 4 percent undecided.

The Oct. 22-24 survey focused only on voters in the I-4 corridor, but Tampa Bay on the western end has an uncanny knack for almost exactly matching Florida's statewide results. Four years ago Obama beat John McCain in Florida and Tampa Bay — defined as Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Polk and Citrus counties — by the same margin, 51 percent to 48 percent.

Sounds like a stupid way to poll.

Tendo

Those numbers make me feel so happy. Just as they were posted my gf was arguing with her gram (she lives with her gram) because her gram said "your vote doesn't count because Romney will win NC anyway." I can't wait for election day so she can tell her gram her vote didn't count because Obama won anyway

Pass that hopium, boys.

Re-read the poll. It's 51-45 along the Interstate Highway 4. Not all of Florida.

Sounds like a stupid way to poll.

Hey guys! In this one small region of Florida Romney has a big lead! Oh the rest of the state? What about it?

Loudninja

Yeah its very close, we will see!

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Could just be an unusually good poll for Obama. As I said earlier, I don't think that Florida will be anything more than a pure tossup by election day, depending upon whether Obama over performs the polls. I'm more encouraged by the fact that the recent PPP polls appear to signify a slight shift back toward Obama.

witness

Fuck yes florida lets do this and have the Ohio chaos be meaningless. Florida plus one swing state, Wisconsin, makes election night end early. Florida 2012 = North Carolina 2008.

My mom requested her absentee Florida ballet, she got it yesterday but she's in Massachusetts, so I highly doubt with the storm it would get back here in time. So one less Obama vote here =(

pigeon

Banned

This is certainly true. I think one can make an argument that Obama's polls since the debate have been consistently better than the week before, though, and this poll is in line with that argument. I'm hoping further polling will confirm this possibility, in which case Florida may be closer than that.

This is certainly true. I think one can make an argument that Obama's polls since the debate have been consistently better than the week before, though, and this poll is in line with that argument. I'm hoping further polling will confirm this possibility, in which case Florida may be closer than that.

Definitely. If a few polls this week come out Obama +2 and +3 (and some others with Romney up) then it's probably tied.

As long as it's within 1.5, Obama has a chance due to ground game and hispanic polling issues.

Another good day of state polls for Obama.

No matter what Obama's going to break the long-standing streak of incumbent presidents winning reelection by a margin bigger than their first election.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I'll be stunned if Obama gets Florida. Not going to happen.

It would also make election night boring.
Election night needs to be as boring as possible. Unless Obama pulls an upset in Alabama, I want no surprises at all. I want this wrapped up by 11 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom