• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
the image that will cost Christie the 2016 primaries

c3JNm.jpg

Kristie Kreme.

Dax, I loved the fanfic but I do have to take issue with you saying I am a recent addition, on and off again. In reality I was banned for some time due to doing in the Nintendo threads what PD has done year for much longer.

AniHawk

The two most prominent, recent additions are AniHawk and ClovingWestbrook (formally known as LovingSteam). AniHawk went first: "Sales-age kind of died when NPD decided to not release console figures. So I migrated here. Poll numbers more than satisfactorily fill my appetite for figures and numbers.".

pretty accurate. but like with console wars and playoff games, i'll probably be gone in these megathreads until the next big event.

i was really big in poligaf around four years ago. not messing with numbers as much now, but i was a huge dick to the other side, and i still feel bad for that behavior.

Any time we have a tax policy debate, I begin to fall asleep a bit, as the folks on one side of the debate are entirely unreasonable and like to conveniently "forget" where the top lines used to be.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=213

toprate_historical.gif

I'd love to see us go back to where they were for most of Reagan's two terms. But for some reason, that's evil. Ugh.

Looks to me like lowering the atx rate actually caused the great depression.

Dax, I loved the fanfic but I do have to take issue with you saying I am a recent addition, on and off again. In reality I was banned for some time due to doing in the Nintendo threads what PD has done year for much longer.
Is there a dealwithit.gif for politics?
Is 'dear' the entry level for 'sweetie'?

Do I have to level up?
Dear, sweetie, honey, sweetheart, pumpkin, etc – there aren't any levels. They're all the same to me, love.

Governors always work wit presidents during natural disasters, Christie isn't doing anything note worthy. Christie often has nice things to say about Obama during non-election periods

The only utter asshole governor I can remember during similar events was the Lousianna governor a few months ago

Is there a dealwithit.gif for politics?

Dear, sweetie, honey, sweetheart, pumpkin, etc – there aren't any levels. They're all the same to me, love.

I don't want to deal with it! At least when Obama wins I can take pleasure in that, knowing that PD is still butthurt over Hilldawg.

HylianTom

Banned
Governors always work wit presidents during natural disasters, Christie isn't doing anything note worthy. Christie often has nice things to say about Obama during non-election periods

The only utter asshole governor I can remember during similar events was the Lousianna governor a few months ago

Jindal is always a big ass. He's right at the point where the Republicans are about to turn on him.. although they'll still vote for him over anything with a (D) next to its name. Kinda like how David "The Diaper Man" Vitter wins re-election.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's really the only reason to do it (and I think its a very good one). The actual increase in tax revenue would be fairly negligable. One reason why Obama's talking point about using taxes to reduce the defecit bugs me, but I know the income inequality argument would not go over well.

With the way rich people donate to political parties, we'll never again see a push to jack tax rates back up that high.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
7:00 est
44 romney - 3 obama (va too close to call)

7:30 est
64 romney - 3 obama (oh + va too close to call) - diablos threat level red

8:00 est
107 romney - 99 obama (oh + fl + va + nh too close to call)

8:30 est
113 romney - 99 obama (oh + fl + va + nh too close to call)

9:00 est
216 romney - 163 obama (oh + co + va + wi too close to call. nh for obama, fl for romney)

10:00 est
225 romney - 179 obama (oh + co + ia + va too close to call. wi for obama)

between 10 and 11 est:
238 romney - 203 obama (co + ia too close to call. va for romney, oh for obama)

11:00 est:
281 obama - 245 romney (co too close to call. ia called for obama)

1:00 am
281 obama - 257 romney (co called for romney but point is moot)

kinda how i see the night playing out. somewhat of a worst-case scenario for obama.

i expect a lot of people freaking out for most of the night as romney looks like he has a commanding lead, especially when nc/fl get called for romney. or even if nh does. expecting more freakouts when wi is labeled too close to call.

i also think ohio and wisconsin will be dangled like a string in front of a cat to keep people glued to their sets, but they'll go ahead and call it before the west coast reports in (i think ohio was called for obama sometime between 10-11 est last time?)

This is really worst case. There's no way FL is getting called at 9pm. Even in 2008 it was called at 11:16.

http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/ElectionNight2008/pe2008elecnighttime.php

Looking at that actually makes it hard to determine how Obama will be trailing I think.

Amir0x

Banned
Anybody know if Romney's Jeep/China lie is gaining traction in Ohio?
I think it's too late for Romney to make any significant gains in Ohio. It would have to take something extremely drastic, like Obama eating a baby or something.

Not to mention that they're going to be talking about the storm and recovery efforts for most of next week probably.

If the Bush (Obama) tax cuts expire, does that include capital gains? And if so, what would that rate rise to? Thanks.

Yes, capital gains goes back up to 20% for long term rates at max (from 15%). Lowest two income brackets of people go from 0% to 10% for the same.

Dividends go back to personal income tax rates, so all the way up to 39.6% for the wealthy (from 15%).

My sources tell me that due to this poll Obama has cancelled his appearance in Orlando tomorrow and is just gonna go back to the white house and chill for the rest of the week.

More Mittmentum inbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom