• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabka

I'm glad Romney is taking care of the real problem. My parents have no power, phone or internet but what they really need is can of fucking green beans.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So is this storm kind of the opposite of Irene?

Irene largely spared the coastal urban areas but fucked up the inland rural areas.

It looks like Sandy fucked up the big cities and the coast pretty bad but wasn't too terrible outside the metro areas.

It pretty much fucked everything up, it's just that the city stuff is reported on more due to how many are affected by things like subway closures.

Cheebo

Banned
Things being shut down isn't necessary a good thing. If I want to go eat lunch, I might want to go vote along the way. Most of the people here would go vote rain or shine, but the trick to winning the election is getting all those people who DON'T want to waste a trip "just to go vote." I don't think this necessarily matters anywhere the storm hit, but I'm just throwing the point out there.

If you're that cavalier about voting--"let's go grab McD's oh hey look there's a polling place"--you are probably not registered, or rarely vote and have no idea where your polling place is. You are an extremely unlikely voter and would probably be vastly outnumbered by the people who want to vote and definitely have the free time with a day off.

This thread moves too fast. What did I miss?

On my way tO work this morning I saw a huge sign that said "vote and win a gun!". I'll see of I can get a picture on my way on tomorrow.

pigeon

Banned
Well, he said most of the trackers aren moving upward which isn't true. Only ABC did yesterday, either there was a slight romney bump (Reuters/Ipsos & RAND) or no movement at all (Ramussen/Gallup/PPP).

Edit: lol signs outside the event Romney is holding this morning calling it a campaign rally
https://twitter.com/JFKucinich/status/263278891114840064/photo/1

Good job hiding your true intentions there Mitt.

I'm on my phone and can't get graphs but I meant over the last week.

Interesting personal anecdote:

In this election season, I have not gotten one single call on my cell phone from a pollster. (I'm 25 and I don't have a land line.)

My parents get multiple calls almost every single day from pollsters, both legitimate and partisan.

I lean liberal, my parents lean conservative. We're in Ohio, BTW.

RDreamer

He is holding his rally today he said he would cancel out of respect to the hurricane efforts, but then last minute last night the campaign decided to go ahead with all their planned rallies. Except they are asking the rally goers to bring cans of soup. Volia! Instantly holding rallies are a-ok again.

This fucking guy. Holy shit it's deplorable what he's doing. Announce cancellations to look above the fray, then rename your rallies to seem sympathetic and do business as usual. This is some fucking evil marketing. I really hope he gets called on this. Fuck this guy.

Amir0x

Banned
I think of Cheebs as comic relief. I hope him and PD keep it up until election day because it's hilarious

throw a little Diablos and that other dude into the mix, and it's always funny

SmokeMaxX

If you're that cavalier about voting--"let's go grab McD's oh hey look there's a polling place"--you are probably not registered, or rarely vote and have no idea where your polling place is. You are an extremely unlikely voter and would probably be vastly outnumbered by the people who want to vote and definitely have the free time with a day off.

Realistically, that's exactly the type of voter Obama would want to try to reach- the ones that WOULD vote on the way to McDonalds whereas they otherwise wouldn't. Hell, the Obama ground game would probably take them to McDonalds and then to go vote.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting personal anecdote:

In this election season, I have not gotten one single call on my cell phone from a pollster. (I'm 25 and I don't have a land line.)

My parents get multiple calls almost every single day from pollsters, both legitimate and partisan.

I lean liberal, my parents lean conservative. We're in Ohio, BTW.

I'm 32, have never received a phone call re: polls. Live in a red county of a red as hell state, and I'm wildly conservative. Oklahoma. Yee-haw.

Rasmussen
R 49
O 47

? Gallup and Rasmussen haven't moved at all. Same with PPP yesterday. Ruters/Ipsos and RAND moved slightly to Romney yesterday Only one from yesterday to show any Obama movement I believe was ABC which Obama gained 1 to put the race into a tie. I think that covers all the daily trackers to my knowledge.

7P9az.png

EdEUH.png

uUvgT.png

2SyAz.png

Cheebo

Banned
Reporters at romney event on twitter saying this is clearly a campaign event. Same intro music, same stage set up, same intro video they always run from the convention, etc.

Brinbe

Just read Dax's re-post.

Reporters at romney event on twitter saying this is clearly a campaign event. Same intro music, same stage set up, same intro video they always run from the debate, etc.

If only the media had a backbone so this would backfire. But they don't, so it won't matter.

Amir0x

Banned
Need someone to inject some hopium in me STAT.

Obama has not been down in any of the polling aggregate websites in Ohio even ONCE the entire year. Closest was Obama +0.7% in the immediate aftermath of the Republican Convention.

Obama has been ahead in Virginia for ALMOST the entire year and has a far superior ground game there.

Obama is essentially ahead in every battle ground state for almost every day of the campaign, including New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, Minnesota. Hell, you can lose Ohio and with states like these, you can still win. (Although Romney has a clear advantage in Florida and North Carolina)

Obama has infinitely superior get out the vote efforts, microtargeting efforts, early voting efforts, field office numbers. Has outspent Republicans in many of the key swing states. Has had almost no flubs the entire campaign season outside of that first debate.

To me the worst case is Obama might lose the popular vote... and that's a shame. But he's winning the election.

Effect

Reporters at romney event on twitter saying this is clearly a campaign event. Same intro music, same stage set up, same intro video they always run from the convention, etc.

Expected. Romney is completely tone death. I just hope the media actually calls him on this bs.

pigeon

Banned
Realistically, that's exactly the type of voter Obama would want to try to reach- the ones that WOULD vote on the way to McDonalds whereas they otherwise wouldn't. Hell, the Obama ground game would probably take them to McDonalds and then to go vote.

Not to dig down too aggressively on this, but I think there are three categories of voters that we're talking about here. On one hand we have people who will definitely vote and on the other hand we have people who by and large won't vote at all. The group I'm focusing on is the group of people who are prepared to vote but then don't because life gets in the way -- these are the people that Obama's focusing on, and with a holiday, they will have way more opportunity to do so.

But, again, what do you think the McDonald's voters are going to be doing all day? McDonald's is closed! They don't have anything fun to do. Some percentage of them will go vote out of boredom.

RDreamer

The media had better fucking report this as him going back on his word to stop campaigning during the hurricane stuff, while Obama is clearly not campaigning and doing his job.

Since it's reporters saying it's a campaign event, you would think they'd report on this being a campaign event.

But that's probably asking too much. They've done their civil and professional duty by sending a tweet.

syllogism

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.
Trump helping in every way he can

Don't fall for the whole president act though
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Not only giving out money, but Obama will be seen today standing in water and rain like he is a real President --- don't fall for it.

The media had better fucking report this as him going back on his word to stop campaigning during the hurricane stuff, while Obama is clearly not campaigning and doing his job.

Sadly, CNN politicker's top headline is Romney speaks with FEMA. Of course, that makes him look presidential. Their next story is Romney holding Storm Relief Event. They will not report Romney's campaign rally because that will sink his campaign.

Obama has not been down in any of the polling aggregate websites in Ohio even ONCE the entire year. Closest was Obama +0.7% in the immediate aftermath of the Republican Convention.

Obama has been ahead in Virginia for ALMOST the entire year and has a far superior ground game there.

Obama is essentially ahead in every battle ground state for almost every day of the campaign, including New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, Minnesota. Hell, you can lose Ohio and with states like these, you can still win. (Although Romney has a clear advantage in Florida and North Carolina)

Obama has infinitely superior get out the vote efforts, microtargeting efforts, early voting efforts, field office numbers. Has outspent Republicans in many of the key swing states. Has had almost no flubs the entire campaign season outside of that first debate.

To me the worst case is Obama might lose the popular vote... and that's a shame. But he's winning the election.

Thank you for a needed increase in hopium!

277 EVs minimum, unless (LOL) the conservative state poll truthers prove correct, or god forbid, the final state polls show significant movement in Romney's direction.

Owzers

Fox news already playing up Romney's "storm relief event' saying " who knows when the governor will start campaigning again"

I know, in 20 minutes in Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom