• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So since a lot of you are Dems if I say I'm out driving people to polls, you'll beat me with sticks, right?
Depends on the state I suppose.

Just kidding. Do whatever you can to get the vote out. I want as much democracy as possible, not just democracy at the expense of those I disagree with.

God bless Jon Stewart + Stephen Colbert going live at the 11th hour tomorrow night.

After ripping out my hair at the CNN horse race bullshit, I'm tuning into Comedy and hope it gets decided then

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, its nice to have a reasonable republican in here. At least, you don't seem to say anything too vitriolic.

Just you wait! My Voting Van is full of TEA PARTY LITERATURE! :O

Depends on the state I suppose.

Just kidding. Do whatever you can to get the vote out. I want as much democracy as possible, not just democracy at the expense of those I disagree with.

I feel the same way. I just hope everyone who feels strongly and is well informed - votes. I -can- be wrong, I can be misled, and I trust what the people want just a little more over what I want.

Also it's OK so there's really no need for me to do this but hey.

Higgy

FINAL PREDICTION

....same as two weeks ago.

Obama wins with 2008 map excluding indiana (which, by the way, why did they have such a huge swing?)

Dems gain 1-3 senate seats

Dems take the house by 2.

Never gonna happen. Have you seen whats happened on a national level with redistricting? Repubs fortified week seats into stronger ones and Gov. Cuomo pretty much muted what the Dems would have gained from California by ignoring a proposed plan to gain seats in New York.

Never gonna happen. Have you seen whats happened on a national level with redistricting? Repubs fortified week seats into stronger ones and Gov. Cuomo pretty much muted what the Dems would have gained from California by ignoring a proposed plan to gain seats in New York.

In a landslide election, not even redistricting can stop the wave.

2010 California election was a preview.

Know what I'm really going to enjoy?

That magical period of time on Election Night where Ohio has been called for Obama, but the West Coast states aren't called yet, and the anchors are pretending that Romney can still seek other, more-arduous-but-possible paths to victory. Watching them squirm and hypothesize is going to be so much fun!

"If Mitt Romney can turn New Mexico..." utters Chuck Todd as his spiral into the toilet flush continues sporadically

The funny thing is Boehner, McConnell et al, the leaders of the Republicans will make some half-assed statements about unity and compromise and working together if Obama wins, but the tea party caucus will still be out in full force.

Similar to Christine O'Donnell's "concession" speech in 2010.

Lindsey Graham said:
If we lose this election there is only one explanation — demographics. ... If I hear anybody say it was because Romney wasn’t conservative enough I’m going to go nuts. We’re not losing 95 percent of African-Americans and two-thirds of Hispanics and voters under 30 because we’re not being hard-ass enough.
(source)

via Andrew Sullivan.

GhaleonEB

"If Mitt Romney can turn New Mexico..." utters Chuck Todd as his spiral into the toilet flush continues sporadically

A few weeks ago I watched a clip of Chuck online, doing his Surface thing with battleground states. He tosses most to Obama, a few to Romney, along the lines polls were leaning, leaving Ohio and a few others in the center.

He moved just enough to keep Obama under 270. Then, he moves Ohio to Romney, to show how it's not quite enough to get him the election.

I closed the browser at that point. Romney has led exactly zero times in the poll aggregates this year. Willfully misinforming viewers.

He is in the entertainment business, nothing more.

Gruco

Banned
Giving the undergrads a test tonight.

Will be sure to remind them of their civic duty tomorrow.

+400 Obama in MI

GOTV, bitches.

lol, only like 3 of them will actually vote

HylianTom

Banned

YES. That's the part that's going to be fun. Talk about Iowa, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico.. it's going to be hysterical. I'll most likely turn to Fox once Ohio is called so that I can watch the various facial expressions as they contort among themselves, hoping against hope.. hehe!

(source)

via Andrew Sullivan.
Yup.

Lindsey (*snap*snap*) definitely gets it. I wonder if anyone else in his party will pay attention.

Korey

Here are the times that states were called in 2008 according to this site I guess:

Time polls closed in parenthesis (if different from time called)

7pm EST / 4pm PST
Kentucky
Vermont

7:30 / 4:30
West Virginia

8 / 5
Connecticut
Delaware
DC
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina (7)
Tennessee

8:30 / 5:30
Arkansas
Alabama (8)

9 / 6
Kansas
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
Rhode Island
Texas
Wisconsin
Wyoming

9:30 / 6:30
Georgia (7)
Ohio (7:30)
Louisiana (9)
New Mexico (9)

10 / 7
Mississippi (8)
Iowa
North Dakota
Utah

10:30 / 7:30
South Dakota (9)
Nebraska (9)

11 / 8
California
Hawaii
Idaho
Oregon
Washington
Virginia (7)

11:30 / 8:30
Arizona (9)
Florida (8)
Colorado (9)
Nevada (10)

1am / 10
Alaska

2 / 11
Indiana (7)
Montana (10)

Later
North Carolina (8:30)
Missouri (8)

Xdrive05

haha this tactic was used in Canada in Liberal ridings in Ontario in our last Federal election in 2011

Conservatives all over the world unite in suppression

Well, you see, they are simply defending themselves against the tyranny of the majority. All of us plebes are trying to get together and "exercise our voting rights," which means we will elect monsters who take away the conservatives' God-given money and unchecked power.

It's analogous to defending your home from thieves.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well, you see, they are simply defending themselves against the tyranny of the majority. All of us plebes are trying to get together and "exercise our voting rights," which means we will elect monsters who take away the conservatives' God-given money and unchecked power.

It's analogous to defending your home from thieves.
tumblr_mbmu3uOA3m1rsjyv2o1_500.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
I'm too busy over at FreeRepublic reading about how Romney is going to flip Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and Nevada. They don't mention Christie or Sandy that much any more, but they're absolutely convinced that Romney's "got this." And they cite Dick Morris and Hannity as their main sources of confidence. They're really, really giddy.

edit: and they're on the lookout for trolls. Especially trolls with new registration dates. Hahaha!

McConnell can't seriously expect to be re-elected after the" making Obama a one term president is our long term goal" quote. He held American livelihoods hostage and still(probably) failed at his goal.

Forever

Banned
Why hasn't the 538 forecast converged with the now-cast yet? When exactly is that going to happen? It's still an almost two point disparity. That's huge.

Know what I'm really going to enjoy?

That magical period of time on Election Night where Ohio has been called for Obama, but the West Coast states aren't called yet, and the anchors are pretending that Romney can still seek other, more-arduous-but-possible paths to victory. Watching them squirm and hypothesize is going to be so much fun!

Ah, once the polls start to close it becomes a race to call the states (and the election). While this has been seriously dampened since the clusterfuck of 2000, and they can't officially project the winner until all polls are closed, the networks are no longer in "dead heat" mode as the results come in. If/when Ohio goes to Obama they'll be wink-wink nudge-nudging that "we can't project a winner as of yet but there are very few viable paths for Mitt Romney right now" etc. etc.

Gruco

Banned
kos is predicting Senate wins in MA, ME, MO, IN, FL, OH, VA, MT, WI, CT, NV

Losses in AZ, ND, NE

Final tally 55-45 Dem.

Really doesn't seem far-fetched to me, though many races will be quite close. MO, IN, NV represent the likely downside, with ND the most realistic upside.

E-V has MT, WI and ND as ties and Berkley down in NV, but I am keeping my fingers crossed there given Reid-Angle. Sam Wang saying 53-55. Nate is pretty conservative at 52.5.

I'll be happy with any number >=53, honestly. That's a repeat of 2006, which was such an awesome year.

Giving up on the house. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a surprise stealth wave but we'll know pretty early whether or not there's any chance I imagine.

Losses in AZ, ND, NE

Final tally 55-45 Dem.

Really doesn't seem far-fetched to me, though many races will be quite close. MO, IN, NV represent the likely downside, with ND the most realistic upside.

E-V has MT, WI and ND as ties and Berkley down in NV, but I am keeping my fingers crossed there given Reid-Angle. Sam Wang saying 53-55. Nate is pretty conservative at 52.5.

I'll be happy with any number >=53, honestly. That's a repeat of 2006, which was such an awesome year.

Giving up on the house. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a surprise stealth wave but we'll know pretty early whether or not there's any chance I imagine.
Cool. So I'm on the same page as markos then.

I'm going on media blackout tomorrow until the election is called. I'll know when Chuck Godd says so.

ivysaur12

Banned

Losses in AZ, ND, NE

Final tally 55-45 Dem.

I think Heitkamp is more likely to win than Berkley, but we'll see.

Teggy

Blitzer was totally trying to troll Beau Biden and Biden was having none of it.

Paraphrasing:

Blitzer: how come in the new Obama ad that came out it doesn't mention Obamacare? Isn't he proud of it?
Biden: Biltzer pls. He was just on CNN last night talking about it. There are only so many seconds to fit in all those accomplishments.

Biltzer: how come Democrats can't reach across the aisle?
Biden: Biltzer pls. My dad worked with Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond. Democrats are not the problem.

Losses in AZ, ND, NE

Final tally 55-45 Dem.

i'm slightly more bullish than kos on ND (and slightly more bearish on NV) but that's literally the only difference

Blitzer was totally trying to troll Beau Biden and Biden was having none of it.

man, if beau biden ever runs for federal office, he's getting my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom